SkyrimSE v2.3 Cleaned Vanilla Masters Error

Reize12

Hello, I am trying to follow the v2.3 step guide for SkyrimSE to the letter and I've encountered a minor discrepancy. Under step 3, the section about cleaning the vanilla master plugins, I am directed to create an empty mod called "Cleaned Vanilla Masters". The guide says it should be at priority 78 but due to the presence of the "xEdit Output" mod it is at priority 79. Do I need to move it above "xEdit Output"? That would conflict with the earlier requirement under step 2 to place "xEdit Output" at the top of the mod-list below the vanilla game files. Can someone please explain this to me? Have I made some error or is the guide incorrect?

priority.PNG

Step 2.PNG

Step 3.PNG

I was also confused at this point. The 'wrong' number might be a remnant from an older guide, the latest game update added 'ResourcePack' as an additional file and count to the list, so 'Cleaned Vanilla Masters' is probably fine at '79'.

A few lines to read on later however, still in Step 3 of the guide: 'Restore the Original Vanilla Masters', the guide sets 'Cleaned Vanilla Masters' on position 78 before 'xEdit Output' at 79, which I had done then.

It is a bit confusing, but just regarding the position and relation of these two mods with each other, the position of 'xEdit Output' doesn't matter that much, because it doesn't contain any valid game data and is not overwriting anything.

Edited by CorneliusC
  • +1 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercury71 said:

For me the Cleaned Vanilla master has position 81

Took me a second to see you added separators which added up to 81 for you. Maybe best to omit mentioning the priority numbers altogether to avoid confusion?

• Like 1