CTD from having dyndolod.esp enabled in new save and old

pentapox

Question

After probably a good few years of no issues with Dyndolod I've come across pretty much the only error I can't troubleshoot by myself. I'm on 1.5.97 with the best of both downgrade but I'm not sure how relevant that is.

For reference, I did the following:

1) Pruned my load order prior to the error as I had a lot of city mods that I didn't want anymore and installed several mods (Below are screenshots of the recently installed/updated mods in order of installation date)
db0d01c7a5fbe01a6d14a5f85efb601c.png89a6e345ef0f30a124b391aea128c150.png

(Note that City Trees is ONLY the farm plugins and trees for Solitude, and it doesn't affect Corpselight Farm in particular. Mods that aren't updated are purposely left not updated as I don't tend to go through fixing versionin errors.)

2) Ran a new Dyndolod output but forgot to disable Master Occlusion.esm as per in the mod page (BOS Master Occlusion)

3) made a new save once I was sure everything was as it was supposed to be and loaded in. I noticed the CTD first in the various cells around WhiterunStables, notably cell 0000967B (1, -6) aka Wilderness, (see the crash logs attached ending in -42 and -11)

4) I disabled occlusion.esp and master occlusion.esm for the tim e being and tried to continue onwards. I came across the CTD again later on a couple of times outside of Bleak Falls Barrow and later near Falkreath (Crashlogs ending in -55 and -25)

5) After clearing my texgen and dyndolod outputs and running the process again from the top with the latest versions of Dyndolod 3 and Dyndolod DLL NG and Dyndolod Resources SE I have experienced the same CTDs again following. This time I even made sure to disable Master Occlusion.esm and I tried both loading again from a save in an interior cell and exiting to the exterior (Which caused CTDs upon loading into the worldspace, specifically the mountains south of Falkreath) and faced the CTD AGAIN when exiting that same interior cell to an exterior from a fresh save aka using COC to enter the cell from the main menu and leaving through the main door. 

If I disable dyndolod.esp it doesn't CTD whatsoever, however disabling occlusion.esp does nothing. I'm at my wit's end about what could be causing this so I'm currently looking through mods and my load order for anything out of the ordinary. I looked for errors with xedit in the dyndolod plugins and found nothing, and I've also been checking the wilderness cells referenced in the netscriptframework logs. If you want me to get back to you with logs from CrashLogger let me know and I'll reproduce the bug with it installed. I usually use netscript as I'm just used to the format for personal usage as I don't normally need tech support.

https://ufile.io/f/tr8ak Linked here are the dyndolod log and dyndolod debug log, and there is no bugreport.txt. For whatever reason the debug log is 300mb

Crash_2024_7_30_22-14-42.txt Crash_2024_7_30_21-30-11.txt Crash_2024_7_31_5-24-25.txt Crash_2024_7_31_1-15-55.txt

Edited by pentapox

8 hours ago, pentapox said:

After probably a good few years of no issues with Dyndolod I've come across pretty much the only error I can't troubleshoot by myself. I'm on 1.5.97 with the best of both downgrade but I'm not sure how relevant that is.

For reference, I did the following:

1) Pruned my load order prior to the error as I had a lot of city mods that I didn't want anymore and installed several mods (Below are screenshots of the recently installed/updated mods in order of installation date)
db0d01c7a5fbe01a6d14a5f85efb601c.png89a6e345ef0f30a124b391aea128c150.png

(Note that City Trees is ONLY the farm plugins and trees for Solitude, and it doesn't affect Corpselight Farm in particular. Mods that aren't updated are purposely left not updated as I don't tend to go through fixing versionin errors.)

2) Ran a new Dyndolod output but forgot to disable Master Occlusion.esm as per in the mod page (BOS Master Occlusion)

3) made a new save once I was sure everything was as it was supposed to be and loaded in. I noticed the CTD first in the various cells around WhiterunStables, notably cell 0000967B (1, -6) aka Wilderness, (see the crash logs attached ending in -42 and -11)

4) I disabled occlusion.esp and master occlusion.esm for the tim e being and tried to continue onwards. I came across the CTD again later on a couple of times outside of Bleak Falls Barrow and later near Falkreath (Crashlogs ending in -55 and -25)

5) After clearing my texgen and dyndolod outputs and running the process again from the top with the latest versions of Dyndolod 3 and Dyndolod DLL NG and Dyndolod Resources SE I have experienced the same CTDs again following. This time I even made sure to disable Master Occlusion.esm and I tried both loading again from a save in an interior cell and exiting to the exterior (Which caused CTDs upon loading into the worldspace, specifically the mountains south of Falkreath) and faced the CTD AGAIN when exiting that same interior cell to an exterior from a fresh save aka using COC to enter the cell from the main menu and leaving through the main door. 

If I disable dyndolod.esp it doesn't CTD whatsoever, however disabling occlusion.esp does nothing. I'm at my wit's end about what could be causing this so I'm currently looking through mods and my load order for anything out of the ordinary. I looked for errors with xedit in the dyndolod plugins and found nothing, and I've also been checking the wilderness cells referenced in the netscriptframework logs. If you want me to get back to you with logs from CrashLogger let me know and I'll reproduce the bug with it installed. I usually use netscript as I'm just used to the format for personal usage as I don't normally need tech support.

https://ufile.io/f/tr8ak Linked here are the dyndolod log and dyndolod debug log, and there is no bugreport.txt. For whatever reason the debug log is 300mb

Crash_2024_7_30_22-14-42.txt 188.49 kB · 0 downloads Crash_2024_7_30_21-30-11.txt 205.14 kB · 0 downloads Crash_2024_7_31_5-24-25.txt 199.46 kB · 0 downloads Crash_2024_7_31_1-15-55.txt 216.9 kB · 0 downloads

Do not post trimmed screenshots of mod managers to show only parts of the load order. Use https://loadorderlibrary.com instead.

https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\. Ensure that the directory structure is preserved. See Updating how to update existing installation and save games.

Do not install newer versions over older versions. See https://dyndolod.info/Updating#New-DynDOLOD-Version how to properly update versions.

Pay attention to log messages. For example
https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference
https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Root-Block
Clean the mentioned plugins and fix those NIFs.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions
Finalize the load order as explained in the prerequisites above. Make sure all mods, plugins and patches (that affect affect trees, grasses or any textures) are enabled and their overwrite order is sorted. Ignore wrong 3rd party advice to temporarily disable plugins, mods, meshes or textures. Such advice is categorically wrong or outdated. In case of issues, solve the cause or use appropriate mesh mask rules or settings for desired results. Disabling plugins, mods, meshes or textures is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. In case of problems or questions, use the official DynDOLOD support forum for qualified help and advice.

Ignore wrong and unnecessary advice to disable Master Occlusion.esm.

In 4) you report to have disabled Occlussion.esp and Master Occlusion.esm and still have crashes. All 4 crash you logs you uploaded show those two plugins being loaded.

Upload a crashlog from a crash without Master Occlusion.esm in the load order.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Do not post trimmed screenshots of mod managers to show only parts of the load order. Use https://loadorderlibrary.com instead.

https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\. Ensure that the directory structure is preserved. See Updating how to update existing installation and save games.

Do not install newer versions over older versions. See https://dyndolod.info/Updating#New-DynDOLOD-Version how to properly update versions.

Pay attention to log messages. For example
https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference
https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Root-Block
Clean the mentioned plugins and fix those NIFs.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions
Finalize the load order as explained in the prerequisites above. Make sure all mods, plugins and patches (that affect affect trees, grasses or any textures) are enabled and their overwrite order is sorted. Ignore wrong 3rd party advice to temporarily disable plugins, mods, meshes or textures. Such advice is categorically wrong or outdated. In case of issues, solve the cause or use appropriate mesh mask rules or settings for desired results. Disabling plugins, mods, meshes or textures is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. In case of problems or questions, use the official DynDOLOD support forum for qualified help and advice.

Ignore wrong and unnecessary advice to disable Master Occlusion.esm.

In 4) you report to have disabled Occlussion.esp and Master Occlusion.esm and still have crashes. All 4 crash you logs you uploaded show those two plugins being loaded.

Upload a crashlog from a crash without Master Occlusion.esm in the load order.

Apologies for posting a trimmed mod manager, it was meant to JUST display the new mods installed. 

Here is my plugins.txt https://loadorderlibrary.com/lists/pentapox-load-order#plugins.txt as requested. I'm aware it needs re-sorting as I've added a few extras since the last LOOT sort and that's top on my list when I finish with the root blocks and deleted references for a new dyndolod output.

As for installing DynDOLOD it's in a standard folder i.e. D:\DynDOLOD\ and I've been updating properly and making clean saves in empty interior cells as usual.

As for incorrect advice about disabling master occlusion, I'll keep it enabled while running DynDOLOD from now on (assuming we find the source of the issue) from now on but it does say on the mod page that some users have had issues having it enabled during generation so I wasn't sure whether it was the problem child.

Attached is a crashlog from a few days ago when I had crashes without Occlusion.esp and Master Occlusion.esm in the load order, sorry for not uploading these earlier it probably would've saved time.Crash_2024_8_2_7-10-11.txt

Will hold off on running a new dyndolod generation for now until I've finished with root blocks as some of these nifs are in BSAs I'm pretty sure and it's gonna be a bit of a pain going through them. Thanks again for your time.

6 hours ago, pentapox said:

Apologies for posting a trimmed mod manager, it was meant to JUST display the new mods installed. 

Here is my plugins.txt https://loadorderlibrary.com/lists/pentapox-load-order#plugins.txt as requested. I'm aware it needs re-sorting as I've added a few extras since the last LOOT sort and that's top on my list when I finish with the root blocks and deleted references for a new dyndolod output.

As for installing DynDOLOD it's in a standard folder i.e. D:\DynDOLOD\ and I've been updating properly and making clean saves in empty interior cells as usual.

As for incorrect advice about disabling master occlusion, I'll keep it enabled while running DynDOLOD from now on (assuming we find the source of the issue) from now on but it does say on the mod page that some users have had issues having it enabled during generation so I wasn't sure whether it was the problem child.

Attached is a crashlog from a few days ago when I had crashes without Occlusion.esp and Master Occlusion.esm in the load order, sorry for not uploading these earlier it probably would've saved time.Crash_2024_8_2_7-10-11.txt

Will hold off on running a new dyndolod generation for now until I've finished with root blocks as some of these nifs are in BSAs I'm pretty sure and it's gonna be a bit of a pain going through them. Thanks again for your time.

See https://dyndolod.info/Updating#New-DynDOLOD-Version how to properly update the DynDOLOD Standalone installation. Unpack a new Alpha archive into a new and empty folder and not into existing older versions.

For now lets keep the existing DynDOLOD output.

Install https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59818 including the optional SkyrimSE.pdb and disable crash logging in .Net Framework and upload the new crash log. (Leave Master Occlusion.esm and Occlsuion.esp disabled)

Verify the crash does not happen with only DynDOLOD.esp disabled but DynDOLOD.esm and all output still active.

What game version is Skyrim.esm and Update.esm from?

The crash only happens if dyndolod.esp is enabled specifically. Skyrim.esm and Update.esm should both be from whichever version of AE I was on when I downgraded last which I believe was 1130? or 1170. CTD occurs whenever dyndolod.esp is enabled, however I'm having trouble reproducing the CTD suddenly? I don't think it's likely but it might literally be the deleted references I've since fixed through quickautoclean? 
Regardless I will get back to you as soon as it occurs again.

10 hours ago, pentapox said:

The crash only happens if dyndolod.esp is enabled specifically. Skyrim.esm and Update.esm should both be from whichever version of AE I was on when I downgraded last which I believe was 1130? or 1170. CTD occurs whenever dyndolod.esp is enabled, however I'm having trouble reproducing the CTD suddenly? I don't think it's likely but it might literally be the deleted references I've since fixed through quickautoclean? 
Regardless I will get back to you as soon as it occurs again.

Typically the crash log would mention the reference form ID in that case. Maybe you can narrow it down to a specific plugin?

On 8/5/2024 at 6:27 AM, sheson said:

Typically the crash log would mention the reference form ID in that case. Maybe you can narrow it down to a specific plugin?

Okay holy crap I've got the CTD again. I was away for around a week but I've had the CTD three times in like an hour after doing nothing but loading into the game. The first two times were with Occlusion.esp and Master Occlusion.esm both enabled, and the third was literally 5 seconds into loading in I killed some random ghost near the plantation from the creation club and then immediately CTD'd. Here's the logs (The one ending in -39 is the one without the plugins enabled)

Sorry for the delay but I had a busy week and I've only just logged on as I set aside a few hours for myself for my birthday LOL, and now I'm about to spend it troubleshooting this mod.

crash-2024-08-10-15-41-39.log crash-2024-08-10-15-34-41.log crash-2024-08-10-15-26-38.log

22 minutes ago, pentapox said:

Okay holy crap I've got the CTD again. I was away for around a week but I've had the CTD three times in like an hour after doing nothing but loading into the game. The first two times were with Occlusion.esp and Master Occlusion.esm both enabled, and the third was literally 5 seconds into loading in I killed some random ghost near the plantation from the creation club and then immediately CTD'd. Here's the logs (The one ending in -39 is the one without the plugins enabled)

Sorry for the delay but I had a busy week and I've only just logged on as I set aside a few hours for myself for my birthday LOL, and now I'm about to spend it troubleshooting this mod.

crash-2024-08-10-15-41-39.log 98.21 kB · 1 download crash-2024-08-10-15-34-41.log 185.98 kB · 1 download crash-2024-08-10-15-26-38.log 202.54 kB · 1 download

It is curious that the list of plugins at them bottom of the crash log is incomplete every time.

Leave the 2 removed plugins disabled for further testing.

Load the entire load order into xEdit and run an error check on every plugin and upload the log.

Test if it still crashes with just the DynDOLOD.esp (and DynDOLOD.esm) but with the meshes, textures and SKSE folder from the DynDOLOD output hidden. Ignore any in-game messages about stuff missing or not loading.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

It is curious that the list of plugins at them bottom of the crash log is incomplete every time.

Leave the 2 removed plugins disabled for further testing.

Load the entire load order into xEdit and run an error check on every plugin and upload the log.

Test if it still crashes with just the DynDOLOD.esp (and DynDOLOD.esm) but with the meshes, textures and SKSE folder from the DynDOLOD output hidden. Ignore any in-game messages about stuff missing or not loading.

No tangible CTDs with the parameters you've suggested in the locations I had them before but we'll see as these CTDs seem to be very inconsistent? I'm not sure why my plugin list isn't even loading in the correct order in the crashlogger too.

I'll work on the xedit error check in the meantime and get back to you ASAP as I can imagine it'll take a little while.

Sorry to post again, while combing through logs I came across this in the above sseedit log:

[08:06] Checking for Errors in [FE 49E] Fabled Forests - Exclude Morthal.esp
[08:06] Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]
[08:06]     WRLD \ Record Header \ Record Flags -> <Unknown: 11 $B>

Think this could be it? I've cleared the record flag but it hasn't been carried over through any of the following plugins so it shouldn't have an effect surely.

Posted (edited)

Further testing found that hiding JUST the SKSE folder in DynDOLOD output stops CTDs - at least when I tested it. I bet it's something in there.

Edited by pentapox

2 hours ago, pentapox said:

Here's the sseedit log as requested. Massive load order:

https://ufile.io/9ehu0jqs

Your load order is different than the one you used to generate the LOD patch. I do not mean disabling Master Occlusion.esm as a test.

This is the most problematic one, that you need to fix https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Invalid-Object-ID
[FB] Einherjr.esp
<Error: EnchArmorFenrirBlessing "Fenrir Blessing" [ENCH:FE1BE403] has invalid ObjectID 004403 for a light module. You will not be able to save this file with the ESL flag active.>

Remove this plugin for a test.
If that does not make a difference. Generate a new LOD output from scratch for the current load order (including Master Occlusion.esm).
If problem persists, upload new DynDOLOD log and debug log with the crash log.
Probably unrelated to the crash:

These mean the patches might be out of date:
JKs Palace of the Kings - Sons of Skyrim 3BA ESL patch.esp
 <Note: [REFR:7A0008EE] (places [7A000805] <Error: Could not be resolved> in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WindhelmPalaceoftheKings "Palace of the Kings" [CELL:0001677C]) was injected into NW_Sons_of_Skyrim.esp>
Northern Roads - Immersive Patrols patch.esp
Note: [ACHR:7E251656] (places [7E2422C7] <Error: Could not be resolved> in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00008F96] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 30,17)) was injected into Immersive Patrols II.esp>

kanjs dugnagol - pentapox sfx.esp
Warning: internal file FormID is a HITME
See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME

I suggest to check for updates for plugins in case of unresolved form ID errors. 

1 hour ago, pentapox said:

Sorry to post again, while combing through logs I came across this in the above sseedit log:

[08:06] Checking for Errors in [FE 49E] Fabled Forests - Exclude Morthal.esp
[08:06] Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]
[08:06]     WRLD \ Record Header \ Record Flags -> <Unknown: 11 $B>

Think this could be it? I've cleared the record flag but it hasn't been carried over through any of the following plugins so it shouldn't have an effect surely.

Unlikely. It is not the winning plugin, so its record is being overwritten.
You might want to simply unset the flag in the plugin to be sure.

9 minutes ago, pentapox said:

Further testing found that hiding JUST the SKSE folder in DynDOLOD output stops CTDs - at least when I tested it. I bet it's something in there.

We will continue there, if the problem remains.

32 minutes ago, sheson said:

Your load order is different than the one you used to generate the LOD patch. I do not mean disabling Master Occlusion.esm as a test.

This is the most problematic one, that you need to fix https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Invalid-Object-ID
[FB] Einherjr.esp
<Error: EnchArmorFenrirBlessing "Fenrir Blessing" [ENCH:FE1BE403] has invalid ObjectID 004403 for a light module. You will not be able to save this file with the ESL flag active.>

Remove this plugin for a test.
If that does not make a difference. Generate a new LOD output from scratch for the current load order (including Master Occlusion.esm).
If problem persists, upload new DynDOLOD log and debug log with the crash log.
Probably unrelated to the crash:

These mean the patches might be out of date:
JKs Palace of the Kings - Sons of Skyrim 3BA ESL patch.esp
 <Note: [REFR:7A0008EE] (places [7A000805] <Error: Could not be resolved> in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of WindhelmPalaceoftheKings "Palace of the Kings" [CELL:0001677C]) was injected into NW_Sons_of_Skyrim.esp>
Northern Roads - Immersive Patrols patch.esp
Note: [ACHR:7E251656] (places [7E2422C7] <Error: Could not be resolved> in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00008F96] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 30,17)) was injected into Immersive Patrols II.esp>

kanjs dugnagol - pentapox sfx.esp
Warning: internal file FormID is a HITME
See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Internal-File-FormID-Is-A-HITME

I suggest to check for updates for plugins in case of unresolved form ID errors. 

Unlikely. It is not the winning plugin, so its record is being overwritten.
You might want to simply unset the flag in the plugin to be sure.

We will continue there, if the problem remains.

Removed the plugins above as the patches are either unneeded or just cause too many issues, northern roads patrol patch doesn't actually do anything important anyway.

I've unset the flag above and will now run a new dyndolod output with all the root blocks and undeleted references (As far as I can tell) fixed and Master Occlusion enabled. I also disabled kanjs dugnagol - pentapox sfx.esp as it's not even needed anymore and reinstalled Einherjr.esp as a regular ESP with the LOOT fix the author provided.

Will get back to you in a couple of hours once the DynDOLOD run is done - I also wanted to ask though if you think it's possible the NiNode as root blocks from Enhanced Landscapes Standalone - Dead Marsh was responsible? All the trees in that mod seemed to be incorrect.

26 minutes ago, pentapox said:

Removed the plugins above as the patches are either unneeded or just cause too many issues, northern roads patrol patch doesn't actually do anything important anyway.

I've unset the flag above and will now run a new dyndolod output with all the root blocks and undeleted references (As far as I can tell) fixed and Master Occlusion enabled. I also disabled kanjs dugnagol - pentapox sfx.esp as it's not even needed anymore and reinstalled Einherjr.esp as a regular ESP with the LOOT fix the author provided.

Will get back to you in a couple of hours once the DynDOLOD run is done - I also wanted to ask though if you think it's possible the NiNode as root blocks from Enhanced Landscapes Standalone - Dead Marsh was responsible? All the trees in that mod seemed to be incorrect.

In case of invalid root nodes causing a crash it is typically very obvious in the crash look, e.g. "NiNode" and other block names typical for NIFs show up, often the filename and usually the reference and base record using the NIF are mentioned, too.

On 8/11/2024 at 8:42 AM, sheson said:

In case of invalid root nodes causing a crash it is typically very obvious in the crash look, e.g. "NiNode" and other block names typical for NIFs show up, often the filename and usually the reference and base record using the NIF are mentioned, too.

Okay I know I said I'd do a new run and all, but I went digging and found several texture files in texgen output that have resolutions that aren't to the power of two and I'm being told that this might be the problem, however the files go back to Dyndolod Resources SE and are several different trees that appear to be in the SBT folder. Is this possibly the problem? I don'/t even think I use Simply Bigger Trees.