Generate Grass for Whiterun

lennnxy

Question

Hi,

I am new to Skyrim modding and just completed the STEP Guide for Skyrim SE. I think Whiterun looks a bit shaved with no grass at all and I think I want to generate a grass cache?

https://imgur.com/a/3JmDaSx

I tried to look for a solution but I am kinda confused now. In the NGIO Guide from STEP it says on top that NGIO is outdated and not valid for the new version and that in the STEP Guide is a grass cache. So did I miss something in the Guide, or is NGIO valid again and I can follow the Guide just as before? Hopefully someone can give me a hand.

Cheers and a good day :)

3 answers to this question

NGIO became available for 1.6.117 just recently, but we also have the grass cache as a download from the Nexus guide page under Misc Files. We're currently working on the 2.3 update in the meantime.

On 6/18/2024 at 1:51 PM, z929669 said:

NGIO became available for 1.6.117 just recently, but we also have the grass cache as a download from the Nexus guide page under Misc Files. We're currently working on the 2.3 update in the meantime.

Okay, I followed the Guide exactly and also installed the Step Grass under Nexus, but nothing changed. Is there something else needed. Or can I follow the NGIO Guide from Step again to generate the Cache?

3 hours ago, lennnxy said:

Okay, I followed the Guide exactly and also installed the Step Grass under Nexus, but nothing changed. Is there something else needed. Or can I follow the NGIO Guide from Step again to generate the Cache?

If you followed the guide, then you will be using Grass Cache Fixes. LOOT may be sorting this at higher priority than Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp. Drag GCF to lower priority (above) the Step Patch in the Plugins in MO.