My SSEEdit acts up and don't save changes I make to plugins, what can I do?

Khtugg

Question

Greetings,

For the last week or so I have been brewing on the AVO wabbajack modlist getting the flavours just right. A couple of hours ago I booted up SSEEdit to remove a placed NPC from the 'quiet Myrwatch portal' mod from Nexus but SSEEdit would only pick vanilla skyrim files. I then ran Mod Organiser 2 as Admin and tried again and it loaded mod plugins as well but everytime I try to save the previously mentioned plugin an Error box appears saying:

Could not rename "C:Skyrim AVO\Game Root\Data\QuietMyrwatchPortal.esp" to ""C:Skyrim AVO\Game Root\Data\SSEEdit Backups\QuietMyrwatchPortal.esp.backup.2023_11_30_21_42_03".

followed by another Error box:

One or more errors occured during renaming of saved modules. Please check the files in your data path: C:\Skyrim AVO\Game Root\Data\

I don't recall what changes I have made to incur this, things went swimmingly up until this point.

Any of you got ideas to what I can try out in order to fix this?

3 answers to this question

I'm terribly sorry for wasting your time, it turned out that telling Windows Defender to leave Mod Organiser 2 alone did the trick for I can now edit(and save!) the plugin. Case closed. Should I motion for this topic to be deleted or keep it as reminder to check WD?

Take care and have a good one.

• +1 1