Dyndolod requires SKSE

tackydub

Question

Hello all. I have been playing on a new save for about 20+ hours now over the last week. Dyndolod was one of the last things I installed. I followed the directions here and also on GP's video to make sure I fully understood it all and everything installed with no errors. I never knew until doing some research that there is supposed to be a message along the lines of "Dyndolod loaded" in the upper left corner but I've never seen that. This is my first time using the tool and I thought that it was doing what it was supposed to do. I mean, my game seemed as if the LODs were greatly improved so idk. Here's my current dilemma.

First, every time I continue my game, I get a message that pops up saying "Dyndolod requires SKSE" however, I have SKSE installed. I downgraded my game version and I'm currently on 1.5.9.7 with the AE content installed. I know I have the correct SKSE installed as well because previously, I got errors in MO2 that stated my SKSE mods wouldn't load unless I had the correct version to match my game version. I solved that and all SKSE mods worked perfectly. So, I have no idea why I get that message from Dyndolod. Also, in my MCM menu, there is a Dyndolod tab, with the 4 options, however there is nothing to read or click on in those options (i.e., click settings but there's nothing there to edit).

This leads me to believe something is not right with my Dyndolod installation. I've read through the guide multiple times and made sure I was doing it correctly on top of what I did from GP's tutorial. Is there something with D3 alpha and 1.5.9.7? Has anyone experienced this and figured out what to do? I've redone my outputs and everything multiple times to ensure there were no recent errors and deleted old output files, made sure resources and dll files were installed and loaded in the correct order, checked my load order and made all D3 stuff was at the bottom, etc etc. Is this something to do with the dll file? I've tried searching for a solution on here and other places but nothing. The only similar issues I see are people getting the "Dyndolod requires papyrus" error but I never get that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

11 answers to this question

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ

7 hours ago, tackydub said:

I get a message that pops up saying "Dyndolod requires SKSE" however, I have SKSE installed.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "DynDOLOD requires SKSE"
SKSE is not installed, outdated or not running at all.
Make sure you have the correct SKSE version for the current Skyrim version that is used and none of its file are overwritten by other mods.
Check the logs in c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\

The papyrus script function SKSE.GetScriptVersionRelease() does not return the expected value, which means SKSE is not installed, outdated or not running at all.

12 hours ago, Asapas said:

It seems I have the EXACT same problem. Tried everything, but only if you deactivate the .DLL file from Mod Organizer 2 (with Papyrus activated) it works. 

If you can remember what you did to fix this problem 10 months ago, it would be amazing :D 

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log, debug log and papyrus log to upload when making posts.

The message states a fact. The correct SKSE version is not installed or working properly.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#DynDOLOD-requires-SKSE

Install the correct version of SKSE and start SKSE from the MO2 drop down.

1 hour ago, tackydub said:

So send over what it says in the summary of errors etc from the webpage that opens up upon finishing the dyndolod output?

If making posts or reporting errors, upload/paste these log files (if they exist) to a file or text sharing service:
..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt
..\DynDOLOD\Logs\[DynDOLOD|TexGen]_[TES5|ENDERAL|SSE|TES5VR|ENDERALSE]_log.txt (truncate large log files to the entire last meaningful generation beginning with the log message  "... starting session ..." )
..\DynDOLOD\Logs\[DynDOLOD|TexGen]_[TES5|ENDERAL|SSE|TES5VR|ENDERALSE]_Debug_log.txt (always upload entire debug log)

If issue involves LODGen upload/paste
..\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_[TES5|ENDERAL|SSE|TES5VR|ENDERALSE]_[Worldspace]_log.txt

Consider zipping large and/or many files into a single archive.

So I figured out the issue and it was neither of these suggestions but thanks for the help. SKSE was definitely installed and I was 100% certain it was the correct version or else I wouldn't have made this thread. The problem was because I had papyrus and the dll both installed. I unchecked dll in MO2 and started skyrim with just papyrus and dynolod loaded correctly. Not sure if others have reported this. I know in the guide it says to use papyrus or the dll, but there's no mention that they could conflict and not load dyndolod properly unless I missed something. Your description of the error says that the matching version of SKSE is 100% not installed but as we can see now, that was not the case. Perhaps might want to add a line or two in there that if users run into the same error, they more than likely have their papyrus and dyndolod dll files both installed and checked off. 

On 1/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, tackydub said:

So I figured out the issue and it was neither of these suggestions but thanks for the help. SKSE was definitely installed and I was 100% certain it was the correct version or else I wouldn't have made this thread. The problem was because I had papyrus and the dll both installed. I unchecked dll in MO2 and started skyrim with just papyrus and dynolod loaded correctly. Not sure if others have reported this. I know in the guide it says to use papyrus or the dll, but there's no mention that they could conflict and not load dyndolod properly unless I missed something. Your description of the error says that the matching version of SKSE is 100% not installed but as we can see now, that was not the case. Perhaps might want to add a line or two in there that if users run into the same error, they more than likely have their papyrus and dyndolod dll files both installed and checked off. 

If you believe there is an actual error to report with DynDOLOD 3 Alpha or its requirements, make a proper problem report at https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-111/ with the required log and debug log as explained on the first post and actual information which PapyrusUtil and.or DynDOLOD DLL and scripts versions are installed. Upload the papyrus log showing the error message as well.

As explained in the documentation it should not matter if either both PapayrusUtil.dll or DynDOLOD.DLL are installed or only one. The message "DynDOLOD requires SKSE" has nothing to do with whatever papyrus scripts are the ones being used. Obviously only install the DynDOLOD DLL scripts if DynDOLOD.DLL is installed as well.

1 hour ago, tackydub said:

You probably don't have DynDOLOD DLL at higher priority than Papyrus in the MO left pane. They can both be installed, but the DLL must 'win':

1. Papyrus
  2. DynDOLOD Resources
  3. DynDOLOD DLL