SMAA Injector not working

Thc002

Question

Hi,

I cant seem to get SMAA Injector to work in Skyrim anymore, since one of the latest Steam updates (?). I have placed all files from the smaa-zip in my Skyrim folder and start skse via the Skyrim Performance Monitor.

I dont use any ENBs or other mods that make use of a d3d9.dll. Hitting the pause key ingame (keybind for toggling SMAA) has no effect at all.

I play with 4xSMAA +4xSGSSAA and quality SSAO on a 670ftw if that helps.

ty

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ive been meaning to start a similar thread myself, ive never managed to get SMAA to work for me either.

Ive followed the STEP guide, the SMAA documentation, SweetFX and forcing through Radeon Pro.

I have a 7970 OC.

I was going to say the same... as long as you've set up your [PROXY] in the enbseries.ini file then you shouldn't have any issues. I've never tried it any other way, but if the other method uses a .DLL file, it's possible that's the issues...and is the same reason hardware AA doesn't work with ENB anymore (DLL conflicts).

SMAA through ENB works fine for me. I also have amd 7970. I don't use Radeon Pro. Shift+pause is the hotkey for turning SMAA on/off in game if used with ENB. Try turning off Edge AA in the ENB to see a greater difference when turning SMAA on.

Can you post a before (off) and after (on) shot for SMAA so the others can see it in action? I'm not currently using SMAA or I'd do it myself.

SMAA through ENB works fine for me. I also have amd 7970. I don't use Radeon Pro. Shift+pause is the hotkey for turning SMAA on/off in game if used with ENB. Try turning off Edge AA in the ENB to see a greater difference when turning SMAA on.

Can you post a before (off) and after (on) shot for SMAA so the others can see it in action? I'm not currently using SMAA or I'd do it myself.
Sure. The pictures turned out a little dark but you can clearly see the difference. I use AA through the skyrim launcher too, not sure if that works or not. Doesn't look like it.

This is with SMAA off:

Posted Image

This is with SMAA on:

Posted Image

Edit: corrected a typo where i wrote MSAA instead of SMAA. This is how it looks using SMAA through enb (skyrealism ENB 1.39)

Sure. The pictures turned out a little dark but you can clearly see the difference. I use AA through the skyrim launcher too, not sure if that works or not. Doesn't look like it.

This is with MSAA off:

Posted Image

This is with MSAA on:

Posted Image

I think he asked for a comparison of SMAA, not MSAA.

Oops, typo. Thats a SMAA comparison. I'll edit my post.

This is how it looks using SMAA through enb (skyrealism ENB 1.39)

What other AA settings did you use? Is it just SMAA alone or in combination with hardware-AA?

ty

I use MSAAx4 through the launcher (or skyrimprefs.ini: iMultiSample=4). I haven't checked if that actually works though. I don't think it looks like it's working.