Xbox Skyrim AE - Mod List / Load Order

I know STEP doesn't support modding Skyrim on a console but I was hoping someone had some knowledge of a stable mod list / load order I could follow.  I have always played Skyrim on PC at my desk but I recently decided to buy Skyrim AE on Xbox just to try out playing the game on a console from the comfort of my couch.  Problem is, I can't seem to get it to run stable after modding it.

38 minutes ago, z929669 said:

All I can offer is the plugin load order that is best for the mods with plugins we use in the current guide. You can use this as a proxy for xbox

loadorder.txt 8.86 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks.  The mod list in the STEP guide is pretty specific to PC (which I've completed for my PC).  On Xbox, the only way to download and install mods is through the Bethesda.net interface in the game which is very limited in comparison to NexusMods.

And to make things more difficult, there's multiple versions of Tech's Realistic Water Two on there. O_o

image.thumb.png.cd8ba8079d4f1dc77d85c66d03f724ef.png

Edited by Kattmandu

7 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Thanks.  The mod list in the STEP guide is pretty specific to PC (which I've completed for my PC).  On Xbox, the only way to download and install mods is through the Bethesda.net interface in the game which is very limited in comparison to NexusMods.

Indeed.

I provided you the plugin load order specifically because this is what applies to xBox. The mod install priority = plugin load order priority on xBox (I believe), but these are very different on the PC, so it's best if you sort your mods according to the plugin priority that I provided.

If you are using other mods not on this list, then you need to determine if they use plugins or not. If they do, then sort on xBox according to the function of the mod. If they do not use plugins, then sort according to asset preference you want to 'win' in the game (i.e., which model/texture you prefer)

12 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

And to make things more difficult, there's multiple versions of Tech's Realistic Water Two on there. O_o

image.thumb.png.cd8ba8079d4f1dc77d85c66d03f724ef.png

For this sort of thing, see if you can discover a publish date, and use the latest one. I can tell you that TechAngel's version of RWT is what you want, but I cannot say if it corresponds to the latest version on Nexus.

Bethesda.net makes a real mess of things, so using mods from them on xBox will be hit or miss unless you dig more where there is ambiguity. Some mods are no-brainers and should be loaded early (e.g., USSEP, SMIM)

21 minutes ago, z929669 said:

For this sort of thing, see if you can discover a publish date, and use the latest one. I can tell you that TechAngel's version of RWT is what you want, but I cannot say if it corresponds to the latest version on Nexus.

That's just it, Tech's was last updated in February of 2020 whereas WillOhTheWisp updated their version a month ago.  Woe is me.  :confusion:

3 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

That's just it, Tech's was last updated in February of 2020 whereas WillOhTheWisp updated their version a month ago.  Woe is me.  :confusion:

Yes, well that's the crappy Bethesda policy of letting anyone upload mods. I would not use anything but Isoku's or Tech's, because they are the RWT team along with SparrowPrince. I don't think Tech is supporting xBox any longer though.

Just in case anyone comes here looking for help on the Xbox, I found this reddit page quite helpful in determining load order.  Open the Excel Spreadsheet by clicking on the LLO Tool link and then reference the MOD List tab for determining your load order. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkyrimModsXbox/comments/te3g4z/rskyrimmodsxbox_informational_modding_guide/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

image.thumb.png.d5dcaf31d01e0df4d8b48d4947a2dbfe.png