BethINI failing

sllc1960

Question

I downloaded standalone BethINI.  When I run it, the dialog box asking to choose game comes up.  I pick Fallout4, it then asks me to locate the "Fallout4Launcher.exe" file.  When I do that, it says I don't have permission to access that file and BethINI closes.  I have set BethINI to run as administrator and set the Fallout folders to have full access.  I also put BethINI and Fallout4Launcher as an exceptions in my Bitdefender virsus scanning.  None of this has solved the problem.  Any help would be appreciated!!!

I am running Windows 11 64 bit.  The Fallout 4 game was downloaded from Microsoft through the Xbox app on my PC.   I installed on my C drive in a standalone folder separate from the Program Files, etc.

Also should mention that I can run Fallout4Launcher just fine, so I'm confused about the "lack of permission" when running BethINI.  I'm logged on computer with Administrator rights.

Edited by sllc1960
more detail

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, ABoxOfDonuts said:

im trying to use bethini on my xbox gamepass version of skyrim se and im getting this error (see screenshot below). Any ideas?

2131761427_DesktopScreenshot2023_03.05-08_22_40_17.thumb.png.22205e8d17b534859b6990e0eadc00a4.png

I merged your post into this one so all discussion is in one place.