DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

2 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

I see.  Understood.

Ah yea I thought maybe that was supposed to happen so I didn't mention it.  I have been setting the "make large trees large references" box, but I guess that showed in the logs and probably wouldn't matter for this case?

Ah bingo. I should have noticed that option being checked as well. Seems like making them large references makes BOS not swap them anymore. Curious.

I suppose I will have to add a check to not make trees large references if the base record is swapped with Cells/Locations/Region condition.

• +1 1

I would like to generate grasslod with dyndolod 3.0. Unforunatelly it takes ways too much time. I tried different grass setups, but it takes almost the same. Lodgenx64.exe start to generate object lod for tamriel. The first 10 level is takes 5 mins to generate /level but later every level even slows down. One level can be an hour. So i can not wait that long but maybe it is normal, i do not know.

Is there any way to speed it up? Or can i change someting in the settings? I followed the guise from here. I would appreciate any help. 

Edited by Baby_Face

6 minutes ago, Baby_Face said:

I would like to generate grasslod with dyndolod 3.0. Unforunatelly it takes ways too much time. I tried different grass setups, but it takes almost the same. Lodgenx64.exe start to generate object lod for tamriel. The first 10 level is takes 5 mins to generate /level but later every level even slows down. One level can be an hour. So i can not wait that long but maybe it is normal, i do not know.

Is there any way to speed it up? Or can i change someting in the settings? I followed the guise from here. I would appreciate any help. 

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which LODGen log and DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Use-the-Latest-Versions

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Long-running-time-or-output-several-GB-in-file-size

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Settings

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Ah bingo. I should have noticed that option being checked as well. Seems like making them large references makes BOS not swap them anymore. Curious.

I suppose I will have to add a check to not make trees large references if the base record is swapped with Cells/Locations/Region condition.

Oh, yay!  I don't even know why I check that box...I tend to try all the new features even if I don't know exactly their effect, lol.

1 hour ago, Baby_Face said:

Dyndolod starts to generating the following lod levels. When i would like to generate grass lod, it takes way too much time. I heard for others takes maximum 4-6 hours, my is more over than this.

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt 3.98 kB · 2 downloads

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Use-the-Latest-Versions

1 hour ago, leostevano said:

Sheson, I have some strange orbs flying inside childworld whiterun

image.thumb.png.509474ab9c5c0102526da9066762f82f.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.d8a6f74da1a84e6c00b050c5671d3c0c.jpeg

I just rearrange my load order recently, so I cant figure out is this because of my current load order, my dyndolod settings, or the new alpha.

Here's the full logs : https://ufile.io/3jno7uby

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Glow-LOD#Fake-Lights
Check Fake lights child worlds to add FXGlow LOD in place of lights in the child worlds of the selected world that LOD is generated for. This adds the FXGlow LOD to the major cities when looking in from the outside.

Do not check the option if you do not want fake lights in child worlds.

7 minutes ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Glow-LOD#Fake-Lights
Check Fake lights child worlds to add FXGlow LOD in place of lights in the child worlds of the selected world that LOD is generated for. This adds the FXGlow LOD to the major cities when looking in from the outside.

Do not check the option if you do not want fake lights in child worlds.

I see, thanks for clarifying Sheson.

56 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

DynDOLOD 3a154

Combined Worldspaces for LOD "breaks" the 3D Tree LOD UseMipMaps passthru of full model texture mipmaps to the object LOD atlas.

Clipping of DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds: Without Tamriel_Combine.ini | With Tamriel_Combine.ini

image.pngimage.png

Full logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RM3PQmqDxLnhbcJ12pJq0SbEDL9t2B2i/view

Thanks.

Combining worldspaces does not really change anything about object LOD atlas generation.

The source texture filename was not provided. Make sure all LOD models/shapes using that texture set "UseMipMaps" and have the same AlphaThreshold.

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

The source texture filename was not provided. Make sure all LOD models/shapes using that texture set "UseMipMaps" and have the same AlphaThreshold.

Sorry, the source texture is textures/landscape/trees/treepineforestbranchcomp.dds.

When generating object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld only, this texture doesn't appear in DynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txt. It's not used by any model in that worldspace. It logically doesn't appear in DynDOLOD_DLC2SolstheimWorld.dds either.

When generating object LOD for Tamriel only (without Tamriel_Combine.ini), the mipmaps in the atlas are correct as expected from UseMipMaps. This means all LOD models/shapes using that texture set "UseMipMaps" and have the same AlphaThreshold.

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

When generating object LOD for Tamriel only (without Tamriel_Combine.ini), the mipmaps in the atlas are correct as expected from UseMipMaps. This means all LOD models/shapes using that texture set "UseMipMaps" and have the same AlphaThreshold.

No, it does not mean that. The order in which assets are processed is not always the same.

Use a dedicated unique texture filename for one of the LOD models and let me know if this unique texture has mipmaps created or not.

DynDOLOD Summary Of Messages reports:

Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellbase01.nif Skyrim.esm ImpExtIceTowerShellBase01_NoIce [STAT:000C1D50]Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellbase01.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellBase01 [STAT:0006F74A]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershelldoor03.nif Skyrim.esm ImpExtIceTowerShellDoor03_NoIce [STAT:000C1DBC]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershelldoor03.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellDoor03 [STAT:0006F74D]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellstairs01.nif Skyrim.esm ImpExtIceTowerShellStairs01_NoIce [STAT:000C1DBB]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellstairs01.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellStairs01 [STAT:0006F750]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellwall01.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellWall01 [STAT:0006F752]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellwall02.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellWall02 [STAT:0006F753]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellwall03.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellWall03 [STAT:0006F754]
Warning: File not found textures\dungeons\imperial\impextdecals01ice_n.dds. Used by Meshes\dungeons\imperial\exteriorice\impexticetowershellwall04.nif Stretched Snow Begone.esp ImpExtIceTowerShellWall04 [STAT:0006F755]

I made a bug report on Stretched Snow Begone and received this reply from the author:

"This is probably a problem with Dyndolod and this sort of problem has been reported before with Dyndolod so I would suggest reporting this to the Dyndolod forums because they would be more able to help you.

I think these errors are probably benign though as its been reported before, in the comment section, that these kind of errors sometimes pop up when running dyndolod and they don't really cause problems. 

By the way, I used the BAE program to look through the base games texture bsa files and the "impextdecals01ice_n.dds" doesn't even exist within them so I think this texture may be something added by dyndolod. "

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

https://ufile.io/f/kvg6a

Yeah, I'm a bit lost on this one. In the screenshots, you can see what I mean. As soon as I load into that save (IE, get close to the building), I take a screenshot, and the windmill building is there. After a second, the game loads in objects that are close to me, and for some reason that windmill disappears. It's all 3 windmills in that area, actually. As you can see in the close-up screenshot, it's probably been flagged as disabled.

Now, this 100% was not an issue before. I did recently update (clean save + rerun, as per the Update page on Dyndolod.info) my Dyndolod installation, and it's possible that I inadvertently changed some of my settings. Specifically, I cannot remember what I had previously checked for Upgrade NearGrid Refs, Large Refs workaround, and Downgrade FarGrid Refs. My uLargeRef size is 9 btw.

When I disable & uninstall Dyndolod, the issue goes away.

I did try to check out the building in question in SSEEdit, but I cannot for the life of me find it. I can find it in the Creation Kit, but I cannot find that RefID, or even BaseID, or EditorName anywhere in SSEEdit. So once I manage to find that I'll update this post.

In the meantime, what did I do wrong? Based on intuition and not much else, I suspect I messed up when I updated Dyndolod, and changed some of the NearGrid and FarGrid refs.

I've just never encountered the situation where the LODs were fine but the base object was disabled. I'm sure the load order is correct, at least in terms of that building. Again, this is 30 hours into this playthrough and I'm 100% certain this didn't use to be an issue.

Thanks! And thanks to Sheson for this amazing mod, I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

closeUp.jpg

loadIn.jpg

secondsAfterLoadIn.jpg

Edited by elwood612