DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

2 hours ago, Jackal99 said:

I strongly recommend testing before releasing any new version. sorry this reply but this is my feedback.

I strongly recommend reading before posting.

From the first post: This is an ALPHA version to test things and iron out bugs. Certain things may be incomplete, not work as expected or change considerably between versions.

https://dyndolod.info#DynDOLOD-3-Alpha
This website and DynDOLOD 3 are currently an ALPHA version to test things and iron out bugs.
Certain things may be incomplete, not work as expected or change considerably between versions.
Using the latest version and providing feedback or reporting problems is a requirement to participate in the alpha test.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/68518
DynDOLOD 3 is currently an ALPHA version to test things and to iron out bugs. Certain things may be incomplete, not work as expected or change considerably between versions. Report problems or ask question on the official DynDOLOD support forum. Use DynDOLOD 2 to not participate in the alpha test.

DynDOLOD is shared with the public for free specifically for the purpose of people testing it and to report bugs in order to improve it.

New versions are tested with a vanilla game setup and whatever mods are relevant for the current problem reports.

Either provide a problem report as explained in the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum and or provide constructive feedback by actually defining what specifically should be tested before releasing a new version. 

• +1 1

Alright this WIN.BTO causes a freeze consistently in a specific spot. If I remove the BTO, the freezes stop. There are many other spots as well that had a freezes, but for purposes of this half-half testing I tested with one specific spot to get consistent results. The spot is near sleeping tree camp. Regardless, after removing this file I wasn't able to find any spot with freezes no matter how much I ran around so I suspect this was only this BTO file causing it.

Tamriel.4.-28.-12.WIN.bto

Screenshot of the spot in-game

Spot in the map

27 minutes ago, Ylikollikas said:

Alright this WIN.BTO causes a freeze consistently in a specific spot. If I remove the BTO, the freezes stop. There are many other spots as well that had a freezes, but for purposes of this half-half testing I tested with one specific spot to get consistent results. The spot is near sleeping tree camp. Regardless, after removing this file I wasn't able to find any spot with freezes no matter how much I ran around so I suspect this was only this BTO file causing it.

Tamriel.4.-28.-12.WIN.bto

Screenshot of the spot in-game

Spot in the map

Also upload the default non winter BTO for the same level/coordinates. Since there are no issue for no season it will be easier to spot what is different.

Hi all, apologies if I've made a mistake in my post, this is my first time on the forum. When running what should be DynDOLOD's final generation step, the LODs themselves, I receive an error at the very last step of processing, one that I couldn't find elsewhere on google - 

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Adding DynDOLOD.esp as master to DynDOLOD.esm not possible.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all DynDOLOD related files as well as the installer only to get the same error. I am on the latest version of DynDOLOD with all runtimes and dependencies installed (resources SE + papyrus DLLs). There was no crash or error report generated that I could find, just standalone world logs and the TexGen ones. Does anyone have an idea on what could be causing this? Help would be much appreciated.

29 minutes ago, Onyxeagle171 said:

Hi all, apologies if I've made a mistake in my post, this is my first time on the forum. When running what should be DynDOLOD's final generation step, the LODs themselves, I receive an error at the very last step of processing, one that I couldn't find elsewhere on google - 

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Adding DynDOLOD.esp as master to DynDOLOD.esm not possible.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all DynDOLOD related files as well as the installer only to get the same error. I am on the latest version of DynDOLOD with all runtimes and dependencies installed (resources SE + papyrus DLLs). There was no crash or error report generated that I could find, just standalone world logs and the TexGen ones. Does anyone have an idea on what could be causing this? Help would be much appreciated.

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log, debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload when making posts.

7 minutes ago, Ylikollikas said:

4th version did not cause freeze. Was something discovered that I should account for or fix in my next DynDOLOD run?

Some 3D tree LOD models only used for winter set a wrong shader flag like "Cloud LOD". They also seem to miss the flags ZBufferWrite and maybe DoubleSided in case of crowns/leaves.

Since they have "passthru" in the filename and/or shape names, the shaders are used as is and not normalized.

You can check and change this with NifSkope. If you need help identifying them, let me know.

7 hours ago, Mousetick said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Child-Parent-Worldspace-Copies addresses references with object LOD, but doesn't mention dynamic LOD. So I'm assuming they're not supported. I'd appreciate it if you could clarify this point and hint at whether this is something you might try to address in the future.

So far Parent > Child only copies references that have object LOD only.

Here is a test version that also copies references that have dynamic LOD https://mega.nz/file/gNJhlIpC#wYtntkA4Nw6hp9IBFv5tgF_L4ASrjmHDyptzeoS6qhE
Test for side effects in all 5 cities.

View from Tamriel balcony | Harbor with Icerunner | LODs off

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Those 2 screenshots should show more informative console. I assume this shows the full model xx0000C3A.

View from Solitude balcony | Harbor with missing Icerunner | LODs off

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

We typically expect LOD to be turned off when the cells that references are placed into are attached. If you move backwards a cell, you should see the dynamic LOD for the ship.

* By the way, do you know why the console shows the original ship [REFR:2E000C3A] is defined by DynDOLOD.esm? It's actually defined by SaveTheIcerunner.esp:

image.png ???

The base record is defined by the last overwrite for the reference, so base defined shows DynDOLOD.esm. The base record itself is not overwritten, so base last changed is also DynDOLOD.esm. For the why, see https://dyndolod.info/DynDOLOD-Reference#17-Convert-enabled-references

It's set to zero in DynDOLOD_SSE_childworld_SolitudeWorld.ini:

; set to 1 to not enable dynamic LOD in this child worldspace
NoDynamicLOD=0

So maybe there's a bug, or I'm not understanding what the effect of this setting is supposed to be.

NoDynamicLOD=0 is what you normally want in order to see dynamic LOD when inside the child worldspace.

NoDynamicLOD=1 disables dynamic LOD when inside the child worldspace.

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

You can check and change this with NifSkope. If you need help identifying them, let me know.

That would be appreciated! I was able to find some from going through all the winter 3D lod models that I was able to find, but I don't know if I missed any. I fixed the flags in following models:

Spoiler

- pinus01_53acddabpassthru_lod.nif

- pinus03_2051fbc5passthru_lod.nif

- pinus05_a5dcd7d9passthru_lod.nif

- pinus_tall01_b576ef43passthru_lod.nif

- pinus_tall03_d1ff661epassthru_lod.nif

- pinus_tall05_027cff8dpassthru_lod.nif