DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Thank you for your quick response on this. I've been checking over everything. Sorry for not posting correctly. 

The issue I was having was caused by incomplete grass cache I believe. I have regenerated just now, after regenerating my grass cache again and the atlas includes the grass.

If anyone else is having the same issue: Check your grass cache is complete for each world you have generated it for if you've checked everything else.

It works really well! I'm very happy with the results, can't sing TexGen and DynDOLOD's praises enough.

1 hour ago, Lulie said:

Thank you for your quick response on this. I've been checking over everything. Sorry for not posting correctly. 

The issue I was having was caused by incomplete grass cache I believe. I have regenerated just now, after regenerating my grass cache again and the atlas includes the grass.

If anyone else is having the same issue: Check your grass cache is complete for each world you have generated it for if you've checked everything else.

It works really well! I'm very happy with the results, can't sing TexGen and DynDOLOD's praises enough.

That is the first thing the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List suggests to check.

Skyrim SE, DynDOLOD 3a134

Hello, I'm the crazy guy who is obsessed with trees (or lack thereof) outside the walls of Solitude in SolitudeWorld not matching the Tamriel ultra tree LODs, and who made a big fuss about them in the past. I'm very grateful for the Parent > Child feature - this is a dream come true, so thank you very much. I'm also grateful for moving the vanilla occlusion planes further away so that more stuff is visible outside the walls in the child worldspaces. This is beautiful.

I'm trying to understand why some references are not being copied to child worldspace when Parent > Child is used. Specifically, some USSEP tree references are not copied to SolitudeWorld, even though object LOD is generated for them in Tamriel worldspace.

Relevant DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt log lines for [REFR:05063113]:

[07:39] [BuildReferences] <Debug: Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnow03.nif_-670_1074_-52_105 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:05063113] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000925A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,26))>
[...]
[08:19] [ApplyReferenceUpdates] <Debug: Processing Default Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:05063113] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000925A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,26))>
[...]
[16:13] [AddMissingReferences] <Debug: Ignoring master Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:05063113] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000925A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,26))>

What causes the Ignoring master message above? I couldn't find anything in [..]\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_* config files that would cause this.

These references do not appear in DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldMatches.txt so there is another reason for them to be skipped.

Trees added by USSEP in [CELL:0000925A]:

image.png

Trees copied by DynDOLOD to DynDOLOD.esm in [CELL:0004E3DC] (they're all from Skyrim.esm):

image.png

Is there a separate log for Parent > Child copies? It looks like [..]\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldCopies_Tamriel.txt is only for Child > Parent copies.

Thank you.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

Skyrim SE, DynDOLOD 3a134

Hello, I'm the crazy guy who is obsessed with trees (or lack thereof) outside the walls of Solitude in SolitudeWorld not matching the Tamriel ultra tree LODs, and who made a big fuss about them in the past. I'm very grateful for the Parent > Child feature - this is a dream come true, so thank you very much. I'm also grateful for moving the vanilla occlusion planes further away so that more stuff is visible outside the walls in the child worldspaces. This is beautiful.

I'm trying to understand why some references are not being copied to child worldspace when Parent > Child is used. Specifically, some USSEP tree references are not copied to SolitudeWorld, even though object LOD is generated for them in Tamriel worldspace.

Relevant DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt log lines for [REFR:05063113]:

[07:39] [BuildReferences] <Debug: Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnow03.nif_-670_1074_-52_105 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:05063113] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000925A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,26))>
[...]
[08:19] [ApplyReferenceUpdates] <Debug: Processing Default Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:05063113] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000925A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,26))>
[...]
[16:13] [AddMissingReferences] <Debug: Ignoring master Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:05063113] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000925A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,26))>

What causes the Ignoring master message above? I couldn't find anything in [..]\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_* config files that would cause this.

These references do not appear in DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldMatches.txt so there is another reason for them to be skipped.

Trees added by USSEP in [CELL:0000925A]:

image.png

Trees copied by DynDOLOD to DynDOLOD.esm in [CELL:0004E3DC] (they're all from Skyrim.esm):

image.png

Is there a separate log for Parent > Child copies? It looks like [..]\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldCopies_Tamriel.txt is only for Child > Parent copies.

Thank you.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Are you reporting, that there is LOD for a tree that can be seen when being inside Solitude, that does not have a full model when getting close to the tree, so the LOD fades to nothing?

Ignoring Master: it is assumed that if a plugin (other than the game plugins) adds new references to a cell in the parent worldspace and also adds new references to the same cell in the child worldspace, that the mod author knows what they are doing and there is no need to copy anything from the parent worldspace to the child worldspace for that cell for that plugin.

The unofficial patch deletes a vanilla tree (000E13C5) and then adds a new tree references (xx063113) with the exact same parameters in cell -17,26 of Tamriel. What the is supposed to accomplish other than causing stuck tree LOD in the Tamriel worldspace I am not sure. The unofficial patch adds references to the cell -17,26 in SolitudeWorld, however they do not add new references for the trees.

DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldMatches.txt in the log folder is the combination of the references listed in the same file in the config folder that were found in the current load order plus any new the references that were matched.

There is no discrete log file for the references that have been copied from parent world to child world. The debug log has them, for example:
[AddMissingReferences] <Debug: Skyrim.esm [REFR:0010408C] (places MountainTrim01ReachMoss01 [STAT:00041B04] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000768A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -47,-7)) -> DynDOLOD.esm skyrimesm_10408C_MarkarthWorld_DynDOLOD_PARENT_DynDOLOD_NOLOD [REFR:0967BDAC] (places MountainTrim01ReachMoss01 [STAT:00041B04] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthWorld&DynDOLOD&CELL&%47&%7 [CELL:0967BDAB] (in MarkarthWorld "Markarth" [WRLD:00016D71] at -47,-7))>

45 minutes ago, sheson said:

Are you reporting, that there is LOD for a tree that can be seen when being inside Solitude, that does not have a full model when getting close to the tree, so the LOD fades to nothing?

Yes.

Ignoring Master: it is assumed that if a plugin (other than the game plugins) adds new references to a cell in the parent worldspace and also adds new references to the same cell in the child worldspace, that the mod author knows what they are doing and there is no need to copy anything from the parent worldspace to the child worldspace for that cell for that plugin.

Ok got it, thanks.

The unofficial patch deletes a vanilla tree (000E13C5) and then adds a new tree references (xx063113) with the exact same parameters in cell -17,26 of Tamriel. The unofficial patch adds references to the cell -17,26 in SolitudeWorld.

Yes, but these references added by USSEP in SolitudeWorld are disabled by [..]\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Rules\DynDOLOD_SSE_unofficialskyrimspecialeditionpatchesp.ini. So their LOD fades to nothing.

image.png

Are we supposed to manually delete or edit DynDOLOD_SSE_unofficialskyrimspecialeditionpatchesp.ini to get the correct results? It seems counter-intuitive and not very user-friendly.

It seems the issue is that Parent > Child tries to match parent/child references before rules are applied.

How about making the Delete rules into a .patch instead, that would be applied before Parent > Child and Child > Parent are processed?

28 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Yes.

Ok got it, thanks.

Yes, but these references added by USSEP in SolitudeWorld are disabled by [..]\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Rules\DynDOLOD_SSE_unofficialskyrimspecialeditionpatchesp.ini. So the LOD fades to nothing.

image.png

Are we supposed to manually delete or edit DynDOLOD_SSE_unofficialskyrimspecialeditionpatchesp.ini to get the correct results? It seems counter-intuitive and not very user-friendly.

It seems the issue is that Parent > Child tries to match parent/child references before rules are applied.

How about making the Delete rules into a .patch instead, that would be applied before Parent > Child and Child > Parent are processed?

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

As explained, this is an ALPHA version to test things and iron out bugs. Certain things may be incomplete, not work as expected or change considerably between versions. You are asked to report the actual problem as explained, also at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum.

Are you reporting that there is tree LOD visible from SolitudeWorld that fades into nothing when getting close to the trees inside SolitudeWorld?
If that is the case, make a screenshots, including the full model tree in the Tamriel worldspace for which the LOD has been generated. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots and post that in addition to the log and debug log.

Parent to child world copies are done once all rules have been applied. See https://dyndolod.info/DynDOLOD-Reference. (4) Applies rules, (12) copies parent to child.

Rules files for plugins are included to make things compatible automatically if the plugin is present. If they require changes, then those changes will be part of future versions.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Are you reporting that there is tree LOD visible from SolitudeWorld that fades into nothing when getting close to the trees inside SolitudeWorld?
If that is the case, make a screenshots, including the full model tree in the Tamriel worldspace for which the LOD has been generated. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots and post that in addition to the log and debug log.

I'll give you a proper report with screenshots, console info, logs etc. but it's going to take a long while. I'd need to update to Alpha 139 first, I guess.

Meanwhile, please read my description in plain English which should be pretty clear without looking at pictures:

• Tree ref added by USSEP in Tamriel:
[REFR:05063113] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000925A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,26))
  • Copy of previous tree ref, in SolitudeWorld, also added by USSEP:
[REFR:0506313A] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -17,26)
  • Relevant excerpts of debug log:
[01:49] [DynDOLODGenerate] <Debug: 101	unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp;0006313A None None None None None Delete Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:0506313A] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -17,26)>
[...]
[04:55] [ApplyReferenceRules] <Debug: Processing Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:0506313A] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -17,26)>
[04:55] [DisableReference] <Notice: Disabled Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:0506313A] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -17,26)>
[04:55] [CopyMainRecordToFile] <Debug: Processing DynDOLOD.esm Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:0506313A] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -17,26)>
[...]
  • Commentary:
    • At 1:49, DynDOLOD acknowledges the Delete rule from DynDOLOD_SSE_unofficialskyrimspecialeditionpatchesp.ini concerning [REFR:0506313A].
    • At 4:55, DynDOLOD applies that rule by disabling [REFR:0506313A] in DynDOLOD.esm. After that point, [REFR:0506313A] no longer "exist" in SolitudeWorld, it's not visible anymore. [REFR:05063113] in Tamriel has become "orphaned": it no longer has a matching copy in SolitudeWorld, since [REFR:0506313A] has been permanently disabled.
    • At 16:13, DynDOLOD decides to "Ignore master" for [REFR:05063113] because it apparently doesn't see that its copy [REFR:0506313A] has been previously disabled by DynDOLOD.esm. That evaluation is incorrect, as there is effectively no visible copy for [REFR:05063113] in SolitudeWorld anymore.

Repeat each step above for each and every tree reference added by USSEP in Tamriel, with its corresponding copy in SolitudeWorld disabled by DynDOLOD_SSE_unofficialskyrimspecialeditionpatchesp.ini.

End result: USSEP tree references in the cells outside the walls of Solitude have Tamriel LODs (as expected). Inside SolitudeWorld, when those LODs fade, no full models appear for those trees, since their copy was disabled and no new copy was made by DynDOLOD during Parent > Child.

Full logs (using Alpha 134) here if you'd like to take a look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19EQbVwyzUSpR3ReaOWITDJFmMuKv5JYF/view

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

I'll give you a proper report with screenshots, console info, logs etc. but it's going to take a long while. I'd need to update to Alpha 139 first, I guess.

Meanwhile, please read my description in plain English which should be pretty clear without looking at pictures:

• Tree ref added by USSEP in Tamriel:
[REFR:05063113] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000925A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -17,26))
  • Copy of previous tree ref, in SolitudeWorld, also added by USSEP:
[REFR:0506313A] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -17,26)
  • Relevant excerpts of debug log:
[01:49] [DynDOLODGenerate] <Debug: 101	unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp;0006313A None None None None None Delete Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:0506313A] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -17,26)>
[...]
[04:55] [ApplyReferenceRules] <Debug: Processing Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:0506313A] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -17,26)>
[04:55] [DisableReference] <Notice: Disabled Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:0506313A] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -17,26)>
[04:55] [CopyMainRecordToFile] <Debug: Processing DynDOLOD.esm Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [REFR:0506313A] (places TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00037EE6] (in SolitudeWorld "Solitude" [WRLD:00037EDF]) at -17,26)>
[...]
  • Commentary:
    • At 1:49, DynDOLOD acknowledges the Delete rule from DynDOLOD_SSE_unofficialskyrimspecialeditionpatchesp.ini concerning [REFR:0506313A].
    • At 4:55, DynDOLOD applies that rule by disabling [REFR:0506313A] in DynDOLOD.esm. After that point, [REFR:0506313A] no longer "exist" in SolitudeWorld, it's not visible anymore. [REFR:05063113] in Tamriel has become "orphaned": it no longer has a matching copy in SolitudeWorld, since [REFR:0506313A] has been permanently disabled.
    • At 16:13, DynDOLOD decides to "Ignore master" for [REFR:05063113] because it apparently doesn't see that its copy [REFR:0506313A] has been previously disabled by DynDOLOD.esm. That evaluation is incorrect, as there is effectively no visible copy for [REFR:05063113] in SolitudeWorld anymore.

Repeat each step above for each and every tree reference added by USSEP in Tamriel, with its corresponding copy in SolitudeWorld disabled by DynDOLOD_SSE_unofficialskyrimspecialeditionpatchesp.ini.

End result: USSEP tree references in the cells outside the walls of Solitude have Tamriel LODs (as expected). Inside SolitudeWorld, when those LODs fade, no full models appear for those trees, since their copy was disabled and no new copy was made by DynDOLOD during Parent > Child.

Full logs (using Alpha 134) here if you'd like to take a look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19EQbVwyzUSpR3ReaOWITDJFmMuKv5JYF/view

Thanks.

If there are visual issues in the game, then make useful screenshots of them and upload those screenshots together with the log and debug log for that generation.
Always use the latest version. Maybe something changed in the meantime, maybe not. You do not have to do a full generation. Just Tamriel without extra options Occlusion etc. A small test load order with minimum required mods.

On 8/29/2023 at 5:06 PM, sheson said:

DynDOLOD does not change terrain/land or generates terrain LOD.

What makes you believe DynDOLOD has anything to do with the gap between a reference that is placed by a 3rd patry plugins and the terrain/land?
What rudimentary troubleshooting have you done? Does the problem go away without DynDOLOD output or plugins in the load order?

Hi,

as you have released two? new Versions i will investigate this matter further after i have done a new generation. 

It would be a waste of our time to chase ghosts in different/outdated software versions :) 

If the matter persists, i will take a look in xedit etc. and will posts the data.

Thx 

• sheson changed the title to DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 140

I had some of the grass cache but not ALL of the grass cache for Tamriel. I had some issues with MO2 when generating towards the end of the process the first time I did it. So I thought this first point was OK because I did indeed have grass cache files.