DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

I was able to verify that when the new DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha-1 file is installed, Alduin is invisible.  Don't even have to run Textgen or DynDOLOD.  So it wasn't any of the settings I chose.  Am running this in Vortex with 1.5.97 SE version.  Using alternate mod in both examples.  Starting in the forest/campsite next to Helgen cave.  You will hear him above as he flies by, but you will not see him or his shadow.  Vanilla start of game, you will hear him, see his fire and powers, but you will not see him or his shadow.  I know with the older dlls, I saw him in forest/campsite.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Why is there LOD generated for zaomvigilantworld or any of the other Vigilant worldspaces. These worldspaces are supposed to be ignored by default for a reason. Did you change settings to make it available?

Can you replicate this is a vanilla game, quest, worldspace like Tamriel?

Did you ever use the older workarounds before with Alpha 107 and the PapyrusUtil/DynDOLOD DLL scripts?

Upload skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\zAoMVigilantWorld_objects.txt from the DynDOLOD output. The no data for index errors in the DynDLOD.log should not happen, not sure if related or not.

I regenerate LOD for Tamriel only (With Large Reference Bugs Workarounds), and repeat what i do in sample video, the bug stil happends.

Edited by blueetenicolet

55 minutes ago, blueetenicolet said:

I regenerate LOD for Tamriel only (With Large Reference Bugs Workarounds), and repeat what i do in sample video, the bug stil happends.

I tried disable DynDOLOD-DLL-NG Scripts.3.00-Alpha-1 in left of MO2, and enter the game, of course a message shows: DynDOLOD papyrus scripts are the wrong version. But i found the bug won't happen. Maybe the bug is really caused by somthing in  DynDOLOD-DLL-NG Scripts.3.00-Alpha-1.

I think i have to stop using Large Reference Bugs Workarounds until it is fixed.

Edited by blueetenicolet

7 hours ago, Kansas72 said:

Okay. It worked. Not sure why it didn't before so thank you. But another issue has arose. Alduin is invisible. I hear him. He breathes fire and everything. I use alternate start. I have started vanilla cut scene and starting out in wild. I hear him, but he's invisible.  Anyone else have this issue? I dont have any mods with him other than 2 dragon mods. 4k serpentine dragon and HD reworked dragon collection. This samething happened the last time it worked with no error message.  I tried the move to player console command but it didnt work.   Any ideas?

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

1 hour ago, Kansas72 said:

I was able to verify that when the new DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha-1 file is installed, Alduin is invisible.  Don't even have to run Textgen or DynDOLOD.  So it wasn't any of the settings I chose.  Am running this in Vortex with 1.5.97 SE version.  Using alternate mod in both examples.  Starting in the forest/campsite next to Helgen cave.  You will hear him above as he flies by, but you will not see him or his shadow.  Vanilla start of game, you will hear him, see his fire and powers, but you will not see him or his shadow.  I know with the older dlls, I saw him in forest/campsite.

Also post the papyrus logs.

When I generate LOD for the vanilla game and alternate start, I see Alduin flying above no problem when using the camping in the woods start.

1 hour ago, blueetenicolet said:

Upload the log and debug log for that generation and the papyrus log.

You mean doing the exact same thing in the vigilant worldspace, right? Can you find anything similar with a vanilla quest in the Tamriel worldspace?

31 minutes ago, sheson said:

Upload the log and debug log for that generation and the papyrus log.

You mean doing the exact same thing in the vigilant worldspace, right? Can you find anything similar with a vanilla quest in the Tamriel worldspace?

Well the log and debuglog has been overwrited by a non-Large Reference Bugs Workaround generation,  i will generate with Large Reference Bugs Workaround again and repeat that, then upload the log.

Yes exactly same thing in vigilant worldspace.  Sorry i can only confirm two quests that have this bug, because it is impossible for me to save and reload the game every time I receive a quest while playing. The one is dawnguard quest, DLC1 VQ07 touch the sky, in interior Ancestor Glade, after you read the elder scroll, you will got the quest, and a marker point to Darkfall Cave will display on compass and map, but it will disaapear if you save the game and read, like that in sample video. The other is that in sample video. They're both not in Tamriel world i think.

Edited by blueetenicolet

18 minutes ago, blueetenicolet said:

Well the log and debuglog has been overwrited by a non-Large Reference Bugs Workaround generation,  i will generate with Large Reference Bugs Workaround again and repeat that, then upload the log.

Yes exactly same thing in vigilant worldspace.  Sorry i can only confirm two quests that have this bug, because it is impossible for me to save and reload the game every time I receive a quest while playing. The one is dawnguard quest, DLC1 VQ07 touch the sky, in interior Ancestor Glade, after you read the elder scroll, you will got the quest, and a marker point to Darkfall Cave will display on compass and map, but it will disaapear if you save the game and read, like that in sample video. The other is that in sample video. They're both not in Tamriel world i think.

If you have a case where it happens, test if there is anything different with this non NG DynDOLOD DLL https://mega.nz/file/lcZgFKjB#LQRHlKnI4c3W8DPPv6QDOsAXg6SzfY7cq6mV--Rg4rg for 1.5.97 specifically. Just replace the DynDOLOD.DLL only and then do the same tests.

If it also happens with this DLL, upload DynDOLOD.log from the SKSE log folder and the papyrus log as well.

12 hours ago, Anubis said:

So, CTD sorted out. (don't know why it happened in the first place though)

I have another thing to fix - it's about grass lod. I created the cache and followed the instructions.

1. Do I need the Grass cache folder active in my load order. If yes, then why ?

2. Although (I think) I followed the instructions to the letter, I get weird patches of grass on the lod. The lod is still mostly barren, with only small patches of certain grass.

How to make it so that the whole lod is covered ?

https://imgur.com/qB4CIim

Close-up view using TFC command:

https://imgur.com/n3xkfyB

The grass cache is/can be  used by NGIO. It saves the engine from generating grass every time new cells are loaded.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Not-all-grass-types-have-LOD-grass-LOD-billboards

1 hour ago, sheson said:

If you have a case where it happens, test if there is anything different with this non NG DynDOLOD DLL https://mega.nz/file/lcZgFKjB#LQRHlKnI4c3W8DPPv6QDOsAXg6SzfY7cq6mV--Rg4rg for 1.5.97 specifically. Just replace the DynDOLOD.DLL only and then do the same tests.

If it also happens with this DLL, upload DynDOLOD.log from the SKSE log folder and the papyrus log as well.

Test1: I delete the scripts in DynDOLOD-DLL-NG Scripts.3.00-Alpha-1, leave the dll only (DynDOLOD Resources still enabled) to test, a message shows: DynDOLOD papyrus scripts are the wrong version (as expected).  The bug still happen. Both the NG DLL and SE DLL.

Test2: This time i disabled the DynDOLOD Resources too, test with the DLL only, bug still happens. Both the NG DLL and SE DLL.

LOGS02.zip

18 minutes ago, blueetenicolet said:

Test1: I delete the scripts in DynDOLOD-DLL-NG Scripts.3.00-Alpha-1, leave the dll only (DynDOLOD Resources still enabled) to test, a message shows: DynDOLOD papyrus scripts are the wrong version (as expected).  The bug still happen. Both the NG DLL and SE DLL.

Test2: This time i disabled the DynDOLOD Resources too, test with the DLL only, bug still happens. Both the NG DLL and SE DLL.

LOGS02.zip 267.24 kB · 0 downloads

What happens without any DLL and without DynDOLOD Resources?

If it still happens, does it happen with only DynDOLOD.esm but without DynDOLOD.esp?

7 minutes ago, sheson said:

What happens without any DLL and without DynDOLOD Resources?

If it still happens, does it happen with only DynDOLOD.esm but without DynDOLOD.esp?

Resources ✔  DLL✔   -- bug Happend

Resources ✔  DLL✖   -- NO bug

Resources ✖  DLL✔   -- bug Happend

Resources ✖  DLL✖   -- NO bug

when Resources ✖  DLL(no scripts)✔

esm ✔ esp✔ -- bug Happend

esm ✔ esp✖ -- bug Happend

esm ✖ esp✖ -- NO bug

39 minutes ago, blueetenicolet said:

Resources ✔  DLL✔   -- bug Happend

Resources ✔  DLL✖   -- NO bug

Resources ✖  DLL✔   -- bug Happend

Resources ✖  DLL✖   -- NO bug

when Resources ✖  DLL(no scripts)✔

esm ✔ esp✔ -- bug Happend

esm ✔ esp✖ -- bug Happend

esm ✖ esp✖ -- NO bug

So you are saying the bug happens with only DynDOLOD.esm and no DynDOLOD.esp, no DynDOLOD Resources and no DynDOLOD DLL scripts but with either DynDOLOD DLL NG or the test DLL. 

In that case, test what happens with this test DLL https://mega.nz/file/gch1lZxQ#-9LoOBIuOIpK8hhxMsXlFLatsSElo-1bl4E7Ipr-QKM

Edit: Also upload the DynDOLOD.esm please.

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

So you are saying the bug happens with only DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp, no DynDOLOD Resources and no DynDOLOD DLL scripts but with either DynDOLOD DLL NG or the test DLL. 

In that case, test what happens with this test DLL https://mega.nz/file/gch1lZxQ#-9LoOBIuOIpK8hhxMsXlFLatsSElo-1bl4E7Ipr-QKM

Tested with DynDOLOD.esm and with/without DynDOLOD.esp, no bug happened.

Enable Resources and DLL scripts, DynDOLOD.esm,DynDOLOD.esp, test again, bug won't happend.

Seems this test DLL have no problem.

Good job!

P.S : I test with dawnguard quest Touch The Sky again, also no bug here. NICE!

Edited by blueetenicolet