DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

A quote from Open Cities:

"Due to the liberal use of occlusion planes in the mod, the game will not render anything on the opposite side of the city walls in any given location. So your viewing content will be limited to roughly what you'd see if you were in the closed city worldspaces."

I guess I've answered my own question.

Ahh...  It's probably not so obvious in vanilla game, but with v3.0 the LODs just look so good it makes that line painfully obvious.  Open Cities would be the only solution then?

Either that, or create a patch/mod that copies more or less every reference that is missing (or make the walls higher)

Sorry for the stupid question.  Just wondering what would happen if those occlusion planes were moved somewhere where they would be essentially disabled.  Would that allow things outside/inside to render correctly, or maybe result in a bugfest?

Edit: That was assuming using Open Cities

Edited by ikonomov

Either that, or create a patch/mod that copies more or less every reference that is missing (or make the walls higher)

Yeah, I was thinking about that, but once those objects are there, we'll probably be looking more at them and noticing the missing people and animals. lol

I posted the question on the Open Cities forum thread.  Let's see if Arthmoor will be kind to my inquiry, or maybe somebody else curious enough to try this.  With a newer system and the ability to play with G-sync using SSE Display Tweaks I'm thinking maybe this would be possible and allow a "true" open city view.

I just uploaded DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.0 Alpha-7 which includes a new Whiterun Exterior Grass patch.

After installing the DynDOLOD output, the grass is active and No Grass in Object should typically just create the few missing cgid files. You can then move them from the MO2 Overwrite folder into your usual grass cache mod.

Since the Whiterun worldspace itself has no LOD, the grass cache cgid files for the Whiterun worldspace are not required for Grass LOD generation with DynDOLOD.

Awesome!  To be clear, should I recreate the grass cache, or just run DynDOLOD?

Sorry for the stupid question.  Just wondering what would happen if those occlusion planes were moved somewhere where they would be essentially disabled.  Would that allow things outside/inside to render correctly, or maybe result in a bugfest?

Edit: That was assuming using Open Cities

I don't think you need to anything about the planes. Occlusion planes really block the view, as in everything that is completely behind just vanishes. As such, they are typically only inside structures and objects that would naturally block the view.

Awesome!  To be clear, should I recreate the grass cache, or just run DynDOLOD?

You do not need to generate the grass cache for the WhiterunWorld before running DynDOLOD, as the *.cgid files for the WhiterunWorld space are not used for any LOD generation.

I just uploaded DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.0 Alpha-7 which includes a new Whiterun Exterior Grass patch.

After installing the DynDOLOD output, the grass is active and No Grass in Object should typically just create the few missing cgid files. You can then move them from the MO2 Overwrite folder into your usual grass cache mod.

Since the Whiterun worldspace itself has no LOD, the grass cache cgid files for the Whiterun worldspace are not required for Grass LOD generation with DynDOLOD.

That's so nice. Thanks for this update, works great and looks so much better than before.

'One last thing' I still have while generating LODs (not only specific to DynDOLOD 3.0, it did also happen with 2.87):

First to say, I have nothing specially found for this in the help files (and I don't even know to what I am supposed to search for) and maybe it's caused by my own fault.

I think it started to happen as I converted JK's Skyrim.esp into an .esm (read something that this would reduce z-fighting/texture flickering for LODs) and that the worldspaces should additionally go into an .esp -> so now I have JK's Skyrim.esm with all records as they were in the original .esp and an additional JK's Skyrim.esp where are only all Worldspaces are present (except tamriel). All other mod dependencies were edited, too, so that they will use the .esm.

No errors so far ingame, everthing is working great and also LODs are genereted correctly.

With the exception of 5 recors/objects. These are always rendered, even if I am standing directly in front of them. My previous workaround was to just set these 5 records to 'initally disabled' which did is job -

the disadvantage of doing so is: I have to do it everytime I regenerate DynDOLOD again.

These are the records I am speaking of:

jksskyrimesm_023840_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:9504A260] (places MrkCWextTowerPlatform01_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:09008FBB] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthOriginExt [CELL:0000717B] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at -43,1))

jksskyrimesm_001FA9_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:9504A334] (places MrkCWextTowerPlatform01_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:09008FBB] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthOriginExt [CELL:0000717B] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at -43,1))

jksskyrimesm_000DB3_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:9504A2AC] (places RTWall05Inner_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:09008FCE] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000BCF0] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at 43,-25))
jksskyrimesm_023951_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:9504A3E2] (places RTWall03Outer_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:09008FF7] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000BCF0] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at 43,-25))
jksskyrimesm_023952_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:9504A41D] (places RTSouthGate01_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:09008FFD] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000BCF0] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at 43,-25))

And some screenshots of them:

Markarth before disabled:

5cebbro6.png
Markarth after disabled:
r8zffi73.png
Riften floating LOD wall:
s8ddlyoc.png
Riften another LOD wall before disabled:
xaaq4rnp.png
Another LOD wall after disabled:
dz4tdcss.png

And also the newest Logs (with Alpha 27):

DynDOLOD Log

So my actual question is: Is this somehow my fault, with cause in the JK's Skyrim.esm (and my try to convert it into it and that something went wrong) or could this be something which is maybe fixible by you? I don't know why the LODs are always visible and not disappearing if I come closer to them.

And these 5 are the only ones, which causing this, I haven't seen any other LODs which are not disappearing if I come closer.

That's so nice. Thanks for this update, works great and looks so much better than before.

'One last thing' I still have while generating LODs (not only specific to DynDOLOD 3.0, it did also happen with 2.87):

First to say, I have nothing specially found for this in the help files (and I don't even know to what I am supposed to search for) and maybe it's caused by my own fault.

I think it started to happen as I converted JK's Skyrim.esp into an .esm (read something that this would reduce z-fighting/texture flickering for LODs) and that the worldspaces should additionally go into an .esp -> so now I have JK's Skyrim.esm with all records as they were in the original .esp and an additional JK's Skyrim.esp where are only all Worldspaces are present (except tamriel). All other mod dependencies were edited, too, so that they will use the .esm.

No errors so far ingame, everthing is working great and also LODs are genereted correctly.

With the exception of 5 recors/objects. These are always rendered, even if I am standing directly in front of them. My previous workaround was to just set these 5 records to 'initally disabled' which did is job -

the disadvantage of doing so is: I have to do it everytime I regenerate DynDOLOD again.

These are the records I am speaking of:

jksskyrimesm_023840_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:9504A260] (places MrkCWextTowerPlatform01_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:09008FBB] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthOriginExt [CELL:0000717B] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at -43,1))

jksskyrimesm_001FA9_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:9504A334] (places MrkCWextTowerPlatform01_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:09008FBB] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of MarkarthOriginExt [CELL:0000717B] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at -43,1))

jksskyrimesm_000DB3_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:9504A2AC] (places RTWall05Inner_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:09008FCE] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000BCF0] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at 43,-25))
jksskyrimesm_023951_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:9504A3E2] (places RTWall03Outer_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:09008FF7] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000BCF0] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at 43,-25))
jksskyrimesm_023952_DynDOLOD_CHILD [REFR:9504A41D] (places RTSouthGate01_DynDOLOD_LOD [sTAT:09008FFD] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:0000BCF0] (in Tamriel "Himmelsrand" [WRLD:0000003C] at 43,-25))

And some screenshots of them:

Markarth before disabled:

5cebbro6.png
Markarth after disabled:
r8zffi73.png
Riften floating LOD wall:
s8ddlyoc.png
Riften another LOD wall before disabled:
xaaq4rnp.png
Another LOD wall after disabled:
dz4tdcss.png

And also the newest Logs (with Alpha 27):

DynDOLOD Log

So my actual question is: Is this somehow my fault, with cause in the JK's Skyrim.esm (and my try to convert it into it and that something went wrong) or could this be something which is maybe fixible by you? I don't know why the LODs are always visible and not disappearing if I come closer to them.

And these 5 are the only ones, which causing this, I haven't seen any other LODs which are not disappearing if I come closer.

Do not rename the plugin to esm. Just set the flag. If you rename the plugin then rules added for the ESP file name won't match and not apply anymore. Also, any patches that require the original filename as master would need updating as well.

Edited by sheson

Do not rename the plugin to esm. Just set the flag. If you rename the plugin then rules added for the ESP file name won't match and not apply anymore. Also, any patches that require the original filename as master would need updating as well.

Ah ok, setting the flag is enough? I updated all mods which needed the .esp as master (changed the master with wyrebash).

So I'll better revert the .esm back into .esp.

Hm...maybe next time reading things twice...

It also doesn't matter. that these 5 records are still forwarded into the .esp, because the rules aren't applied?

Edited by PRieST

You do not need to generate the grass cache for the WhiterunWorld before running DynDOLOD, as the *.cgid files for the WhiterunWorld space are not used for any LOD generation.

Ah, I think I'm having the opposite problem, actually.  When I am inside Whiterun looking out (I guess this means I'm in WhiterunWorld), there is no regular grass drawn outside of the Whiterun walls.  So the grass LOD appears, but there is nothing before it, so it looks like a barren landscape until you get to the LOD distance.

It's not the biggest issue as I can just not look over the walls.  But if there's some easy way to fix it, that would be nice.  Although it's not really a DynDOLOD issue.

Ah, I think I'm having the opposite problem, actually.  When I am inside Whiterun looking out (I guess this means I'm in WhiterunWorld), there is no regular grass drawn outside of the Whiterun walls.  So the grass LOD appears, but there is nothing before it, so it looks like a barren landscape until you get to the LOD distance.

It's not the biggest issue as I can just not look over the walls.  But if there's some easy way to fix it, that would be nice.  Although it's not really a DynDOLOD issue.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/15348-dyndolod-300-alpha-27/?p=244872

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/15348-dyndolod-300-alpha-27/?p=244899

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/15348-dyndolod-300-alpha-27/?p=244903

Edited by sheson

So, after running xLODGen and TexGen, DynDOLOD is getting stuck between different world spaces. In the console window, it only gets to LOD Level 4 before closing itself. Then, in the main DynDOLOD window, it eventually stops with the timer running. I know saying, "It's frozen, HALP" isn't very specific, but what are some areas that I can look at to try and solve this problem?