DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Hi Sheson,

I wanted to ask which guide should I follow of yours? Manual inside folders or S.T.E.P 0.3

Thing is both of them are different let's say xlodgen Bake normal maps in one guide is on and another is off, quality numbers are different and some other options presented in xlodgen.

In step guide you presented vram above +4 and below options and manual guide has only one option which you are unsure is it for quality or performance.

Edited by Yugen

Hi Sheson,

I wanted to ask which guide should I follow of yours? Manual inside folders or S.T.E.P 0.3

Thing is both of them are different let's say xlodgen Bake normal maps in one guide is on and another is off, quality numbers are different and some other options presented in xlodgen.

In step guide you presented vram above +4 and below options and manual guide has only one option which you are unsure is it for quality or performance.

This DynDOLOD support forum is not part of the S.T.E.P guide.

This thread is for discussing questions and reporting problems about the DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha. Use its first posts and included manual for information about how TexGen/DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha work.

xLODGen terrain LOD beta has its own thread here https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-68-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal/

These posts, readmes and manuals are the documentations that explain how the tools work and what the features do. The tools have sane presets. However, these documentations are not modding guides. If you read them you will find they are as generic as possible, regardless of mod manager, mods and plugins.

As I keep answering to these types of questions since years, if you want to know which features, options or settings to use, compare before/after settings and screenshots yourself. The best or desired settings depend on the load order, used mods, game settings, hardware and user preference.

I would assume modding guide takes these things into account and have tested the offered settings for their particular guide and selection of mods. I do not really check or support any guides. In fact guides often have outdated/wrong usage instructions while at the same time have good settings for their particular selection of mods.

• +1 1

Hey Sheson it's me again you good friend that annoys this forum thread

How do I confirm that grass has files for the LOD?
Currently trying Veydosebrom regions and either I can't figure out how or it doesn't have any lods at all.

Not all grass types have LOD / grass LOD billboards

Check TexGen generates grass LOD billboards for all desired grass types. Plugins from mods often forget to set object bounds on base records, which filters them out from automatic grass/tree LOD billboard generation. See ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGenConfiguration.html for more details.

Is there a way without texgen? 

Edited by Yugen

Hey Sheson it's me again you good friend that annoys this forum thread

How do I confirm that grass has files for the LOD?

Currently trying Veydosebrom regions and either I can't figure out how or it doesn't have any lods at all.

Not all grass types have LOD / grass LOD billboards

Check TexGen generates grass LOD billboards for all desired grass types. Plugins from mods often forget to set object bounds on base records, which filters them out from automatic grass/tree LOD billboard generation. See ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGenConfiguration.html for more details.

Is there a way without texgen? 

TexGen.html (which opens by clicking the Help button in TexGen) and the already mentioned TexGenConfiguration.html explain the requirements, settings and filters that need to be met for a billboard to be automatically created. It also explains which text file to check to know which billboards were created.

Whenever TexGen is used to generate tree/grass LOD billboards, it will also create text files ..\textures\terrain\lodgen\TexGen_[GAMEMODE]_[Tree|Grass]_Billboards.txt which contain a list of all trees or grasses, regardless of any settings or failures. If the line ends in ',False' it means this tree or grass billboard was filtered out. 

Is there a way to do what without TexGen?

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

Is there a way to do what without TexGen?

I thought you first run texgen to confirm everything like settings and filters that need to be met for a billboard to be automatically created

Edited by Yugen

I thought you first run texgen to confirm everything like settings and filters that need to be met for a billboard to be automatically created

You run TexGen to create billboards. In case an expected billboard was not created you check the log, txt files, object bounds etc. and fix or change whatever causes the billboard not be created or you try to force its creation as explained in the TexGenConfiguration.html

• +1 1

Hey Sheson I have good question!

So setting this below seems to make grass load very long distances and this is the only option for potato pcs

1 = Display grass only in active cells (without fade) and let DynDOLOD handle inactive cell Grass 

Is it possible to tweak u grid to lower than 5 for the grass to take less gpu performance. *I seem to read alot of UGRIDSTOLOAD discusssions saying it is unsafe, but as we know lots of is old news

It seems that this setting is crucial for lods however with this setting distance settings in Grass Objects Meh321 mod doesn't respond anymore.

Like if grass lods started way closer (right after Fade/Distance=#)  it would save so much performance.
I understand that this is too hard to do to seperate lods and grass just wonder does it exist at the moment? The option to have shorter grass distance and right after this grass generated lods or does it rely on ugrids number?

Edited by Yugen

Hey Sheson I have good question!

So setting this below seems to make grass load very long distances and this is the only option for potato pcs

1 = Display grass only in active cells (without fade) and let DynDOLOD handle inactive cell Grass 

Is it possible to tweak u grid to lower than 5 for the grass to take less gpu performance. *I seem to read alot of UGRIDSTOLOAD discusssions saying it is unsafe, but as we know lots of is old news

It seems that this setting is crucial for lods however with this setting distance settings in Grass Objects Meh321 mod doesn't respond anymore.

Like if grass lods started way closer and grass ugridstoload was shorter aswell it would save so much performance.

I understand that this is too hard to do to seperate lods and grass just wonder does it exist at the moment? The option to have shorter grass distance and right after this grass generated lods or does it rely on ugrids number?

The game ignores values

Read the performance part of the second post.

Edited by sheson

I created DynDOLOD from scratch (changed something in my loadorder and so I thought it was the best to rerun it).

Everything seems fine, no errors, all was genereted.

But DynDOLOD won't be enabled on Dragonsreach Porch...I only get following error message:
fqrgtnz2.png

'DynDOLOD can not find master data in DynDOLOD_None'

'DynDOLOD can not read data from DynDOLOD_None'

And because of this, DynDOLOD stays deactivated as soon as I am in this cell. I haven't had this error when I posted the screenshots about the grass billboard colors.

As mentioned above, I changed my loadorder, but I also did the whole LOD generation process from scratch. Only change is I swtiched from alpha 20 to alpha 22.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log

Edited by PRieST

I created DynDOLOD from scratch (changed something in my loadorder and so I thought it was the best to rerun it).

Everything seems fine, no errors, all was genereted.

But DynDOLOD won't be enabled on Dragonsreach Porch...I only get following error message:

fqrgtnz2.png

'DynDOLOD can not find master data in DynDOLOD_None'

'DynDOLOD can not read data from DynDOLOD_None'

And because of this, DynDOLOD stays deactivated as soon as I am in this cell. I haven't had this error when I posted the screenshots about the grass billboard colors.

As mentioned above, I changed my loadorder, but I also did the whole LOD generation process from scratch. Only change is I swtiched from alpha 20 to alpha 22.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log

Are you using the latest Alpha-21?

Check the FAQ answers for this message.

Edited by sheson

Are you using the latest Alpha-21?

Check the FAQ answers for this message.

Found this in the FAQ:

Q: Game: DynDOLOD could not read DynDOLOD_Worlds / DynDOLOD can not read data for [worldspace name] from DynDOLOD_Worlds / DynDOLOD_Worlds does not belong to these DynDOLOD plugins / DynDOLOD can not read bunchofnumbers from DynDOLOD_[worldspace name] / DynDOLOD_[worldspace name] does not belong to these DynDOLOD plugins / DynDOLOD can not read index data from DynDOLOD_[worlspace name] / DynDOLOD can not find [worldspace name] in DynDOLOD_Worlds / DynDOLOD can not find master data in DynDOLOD_[worldspace name]

A: Make sure SKSE and DynDOLOD DLL or PapyrusUtil are installed correctly, see DynDOLOD requires DynDOLOD.DLL/PapyrusUtil above.

A: Make sure the *.[json|txt] data files in the SKSE subfolder of the DynDOLOD output and the DynDOLOD plugins are in sync from the same generation process. Check the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Information page in the game that all plugins and files have the same bunch of numbers.

A: Make sure the *.[json|txt] data files in the SKSE subfolder of the DynDOLOD output are in the load order and can be read. In case DynDOLOD DLL is used, check the c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\[skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log for errors.

I am using Alpha 22.

The SKSE folder is there, with all the files. The message itself seems to point to a missing world - it want's to find the world 'none' ?

DynDOLOD_Worlds.txt

DynDOLOD_Worlds.json

These two files look fine to me?

PapyrusUtil Log (is loading the .json)

Bunchofnumbers is also correct (I looked it up in the MCM first...they are identical)

Haven't changed anything concerning PapyrusUtil (with alpha 20 I didn't hat this error)

Edited by PRieST

Found this in the FAQ:

I am using Alpha 22.

The SKSE folder is there, with all the files. The message itself seems to point to a missing world - it want's to find the world 'none' ?

DynDOLOD_Worlds.txt

DynDOLOD_Worlds.json

These two files look fine to me?

PapyrusUtil Log (is loading the .json)

Bunchofnumbers is also correct (I looked it up in the MCM first...they are identical)

Haven't changed anything concerning PapyrusUtil (with alpha 20 I didn't hat this error)

The worlds.txt|json are missing an entry for whiterundragonsreachworld=tamriel and katariahworld=tamriel

This was fixed in Alpha-21 and I have those entries with Alpha-22 as well.

Edited by sheson

I was sure I clicked *select all* worldspaces to generate lod with dyndolod...

But ok, as These worlds are missing, is it enough to Update the plugins with only selecting These two worldspaces?

These worlds can not be selected. Their entries are automatically added to the worlds files, because they are child worlds that use their Tamriel parent world for LOD and SkyCell.

You can update plugins the way you asked, though, it just doesn't apply here.

Double check you really have the lastest Alpha and that all the output was generated by it.

Edited by sheson

Hi,

I am trying to run Alpha 22 in SkyrimVR, and am getting a "no configuration files found" in TexGen64.

I did run it successfully in SE, and checked which configuration files it found for SE, and found the 7 TexGen SE scripts it runs in the Configs folder.

I do not see any TES5VR scripts-is it supposed to be finding and running the same 7 TexGen SE scripts as SE, or separate VR scripts?

Thanks!

Edit: I have run the non-Alpha version of DynDOLOD with no problems in VR using a similar mod order.

TexGen_TES5VR_log.txt

Edited by butterenough