DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

I have a question about dyndolod or xlodgen when selecting worldspaces.

Let's say it crashes on certain worldspace and I track which were generated by following folder structure in the output.

Would selecting remaining worldspaces + the one that crashed generate a correct dyndolod?

This would mean person runs dyndolod twice overwriting everything that dyndolod generated firstly before crash.

For terrain, object, tree LOD meshes/texture the worldspace that didn't complete successfully needs to be selected again and it needs to be completed without errors.

Plugins are only fine if the process "completes successfully" as explained in the manual. Plugins will only contain records and have valid data files for the worldspaces that were selected, obviously.

Basically, all output needs to be generated without errors to make sure everything works. You can not continue to generate plugins if there was a problem and need to start from scratch.

Edited by sheson

Grass LOD generation and the rest worked out fine now, but I noticed a slightly color variance between full model grass and LOD grass (sometimes depending on time of day and weather conditions) these are some examples where it is very noticible (seen from dragonsreach great porch - so from a child world to tamriel worldspace):
wu4f8pgi.png

wajs7u4h.png

n8any4xt.png

Generated grass chache, genereated lodxgen billboards and than dyndolod. TexGen generation was with standard settings.

Logs:

DynDOLOD_SSE_log

DynDOLOD_SSE_Textures_Used_Tamriel

DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log

DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_LOD

From Export folder:

LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel

LODGen_SSE_Textures_Used_Tamriel

LODGen_SSE_Object_Atlas_Map_Tamriel

As mentioned before, as TOD or weather seems to compensate it sometimes, I don't think it makes sense to play with brightness/colors in the settings of LodGen, but maybe I am wrong.
Also I am using an ENB so it's even more visible (but still there/visible if ENB is disabled).

Sometimes it looks way off and on other times in blends in perfectly, so I'll leave it.

I do have read, that this was mentioned before, so my conclusion is:

It is as it is, due to the different lightning of the grass LOD, right? But I still wanted to post it, because maybe it helps you to find something what could be done about this.

I had no errors while generating everything, so no error logs were created, do you need something more?

Grass LOD generation and the rest worked out fine now, but I noticed a slightly color variance between full model grass and LOD grass (sometimes depending on time of day and weather conditions) these are some examples where it is very noticible (seen from dragonsreach great porch - so from a child world to tamriel worldspace):

Generated grass chache, genereated lodxgen billboards and than dyndolod. TexGen generation was with standard settings.

As mentioned before, as TOD or weather seems to compensate it sometimes, I don't think it makes sense to play with brightness/colors in the settings of LodGen, but maybe I am wrong.

Also I am using an ENB so it's even more visible (but still there/visible if ENB is disabled).

Sometimes it looks way off and on other times in blends in perfectly, so I'll leave it.

I do have read, that this was mentioned before, so my conclusion is:

It is as it is, due to the different lightning of the grass LOD, right? But I still wanted to post it, because maybe it helps you to find something what could be done about this.

I had no errors while generating everything, so no error logs were created, do you need something more?

The problem is that the grass uses its very own limited shader (similar to tree LOD) that is not available otherwise.

The default settings work for for vanilla grass, vanilla weathers and no ENB. It seems ENB or weather mods account most for the discrepancies. It might be possible for Boris do something with ENB (and me using a specific setting for it in the BTO) so grass LOD is affected similar to the real grass.

Changing the brightness RGB settings can be used to adjust the color tone. If the grass LOD is always a bit too green, lower the green, raise the red values a bit. 

The full texture and the color values of pixels with alpha can also have an effect on the overall color tone of the billboards. You might want to test with different GrassMSAlphaThreshold=112 settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI. Higher values make grass LOD billboards thinner, e.g. use a bit less of their more transparent pixels of the full texture.

Edited by sheson

I have extremely long Dyndolod generations that takes half a day and all I did was following your manuals settings in texgen lodgen dyndolod and press ultra trees. Before ultra trees I had no issue.

CPU and RAM usage is normal

Trees EVT Custom large

Treesfallback is to 0

I used to generate 3d trees on previous dyndolod version in 1 hour

Dyndolod output size is 14gb at the moment after like 8 hours

Dyndolod generating object LODS for worldspaces takes most of the time.

https://easyupload.io/m/uiibye

Edited by Yugen

I have extremely long Dyndolod generations that takes half a day and all I did was following your manuals settings in texgen lodgen dyndolod and press ultra trees. Before ultra trees I had no issue.

CPU and RAM usage is normal

Trees EVT Custom large

Treesfallback is to 0

I used to generate 3d trees on previous dyndolod version in 1 hour

Dyndolod output size is 14gb at the moment after like 8 hours

Dyndolod generating object LODS for worldspaces takes most of the time.

https://easyupload.io/m/uiibye

FAQ: LODGen.exe: Runs a long time / The LOD files generated are several GB in size

A: The selected configuration options require a lot of work. Do not manually close LODGen.exe. Wait for all processes to complete before closing DynDOLOD.

A: If there are more objects with LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the models used for LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the terrain meshes, it takes longer. 

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack setting without understanding what it does and what it is for. 

What is the point of setting full models fallback with a tree mod that 3D tree LOD models?
Check ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt that the specific 3D tree LOD models are found.

What am I supposed to look for in the TexGen logs? You probably want to upload the DynDOLOD and LODGen logs.

Is it any different compared to DynDOLDO 2.87?

Edited by sheson

Don't know used to work before.

<What am I supposed to look for in the TexGen logs? You probably want to upload the DynDOLOD and LODGen logs.

Uploaded files which were written in page one.

Only difference in 2.87 was that I used to change script in 2.87 about trees from 1 to 0 and I have never seen warnings before

Lodgen files doesn't really say much.

https://easyupload.io/m/b0xdu8 Lodgen files

https://imgur.com/ca26Co5 Current state of dyndolod just in case

Edited by Yugen

The problem is that the grass uses its very own limited shader (similar to tree LOD) that is not available otherwise.

The default settings work for for vanilla grass, vanilla weathers and no ENB. It seems ENB or weather mods account most for the discrepancies. It might be possible for Boris do something with ENB (and me using a specific setting for it in the BTO) so grass LOD is affected similar to the real grass.

Changing the brightness RGB settings can be used to adjust the color tone. If the grass LOD is always a bit too green, lower the green, raise the red values a bit. 

The full texture and the color values of pixels with alpha can also have an effect on the overall color tone of the billboards. You might want to test with different GrassMSAlphaThreshold=112 settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI. Higher values make grass LOD billboards thinner, e.g. use a bit less of their more transparent pixels of the full texture.

Thanks for your answer, maybe I'll play around with it, but I don't think it's worth the try, because it's very dependent on weather/lightning.

Anyway, if I reran LODgen again, as mentioned in your second post, I'll only have to generate the grass LODs for testing different settings?

To test different GrassBrightnessTop or GrassBrightnessBottom settings, change GrassLargeReference in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_[WORLDSPACE].txt, start DynDOLOD in expert mode, select the desired worldpace and click the Execute LODGen button. Then merge the new output with the existing output, overwriting all older files.
May be plain obvious, but I wanted to be sure about this.

Don't know used to work before.

DynDOLOD and LODGen logs.

Uploaded files which were written in page one.

Only difference in 2.87 was that I used to change script in 2.87 about trees from 1 to 0 and I have never seen warnings before

Lodgen files doesn't really say much.

https://easyupload.io/m/b0xdu8 Lodgen files

https://imgur.com/ca26Co5 Current state of dyndolod just in case

Carefully read first post again. It says [DynDOLOD|TexGen]

What warnings did not you see before?

Why do set full models as fall back instead of billboards with a tree mod that has 3D tree LOD models?

Generating BTO with full model trees can take a long time.

Check ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt that the specific 3D tree LOD models are found.

Thanks for your answer, maybe I'll play around with it, but I don't think it's worth the try, because it's very dependent on weather/lightning.

Anyway, if I reran LODgen again, as mentioned in your second post, I'll only have to generate the grass LODs for testing different settings?

May be plain obvious, but I wanted to be sure about this.

Executing LODGen generates the *.BTO object LOD meshes for the selected worldspace with the existing export file. Also use the Specific chunk option to only generate a single specific BTO for quick testing.

It might be the case, but I am too deep in generation that I am afraid to close it now.

I will try without fulllodback once again to see if this is the case.

Carefully read first post again. It says [DynDOLOD|TexGen]

What warnings did not you see before?

Why do set full models as fall back instead of billboards with a tree mod that has 3D tree LOD models?

Generating BTO with full model trees can take a long time.

Check ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt that the specific 3D tree LOD models are found.

Executing LODGen generates the *.BTO object LOD meshes for the selected worldspace with the existing export file. Also use the Specific chunk option to only generate a single specific BTO for quick testing.

Thanks for the quick replies

Hello, I'm excited to try this new version of DynDOLOD, the grass lod seems amazing.

Running Texgen (3.00 alpha-21) I've encountered an error message with the mod Finding Derkeethus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19550): "Skipped Load: Duplicate FormID [00012FB4] in file [FE 024] Finding_Derkeethus.esp".

I'm unfamiliar with this type of error, but checked in xEdit just in case, and came out empty. The same mod didn't return such an error with the current stable version of TexGen (2.87).

I'll try disabling this mod and running texgen for now.

Could you explain how to recalculate object bounds?  Or point to where it is explained?

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGenConfiguration.html

In case the object bounds are not set properly in a plugin, the CreationKit Object Window has a right click context menu entry 'Recalc Bounds' to update them.

Hello, I'm excited to try this new version of DynDOLOD, the grass lod seems amazing.

Running Texgen (3.00 alpha-21) I've encountered an error message with the mod Finding Derkeethus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19550): "Skipped Load: Duplicate FormID [00012FB4] in file [FE 024] Finding_Derkeethus.esp".

I'm unfamiliar with this type of error, but checked in xEdit just in case, and came out empty. The same mod didn't return such an error with the current stable version of TexGen (2.87).

I'll try disabling this mod and running texgen for now.

Was there no "Help with message" link in the error message that loads ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\DuplicateFormID.html?

A duplicate FormID in a plugin can be removed by loading and saving the plugin in CreationKit.

Temporarily disabling plugins is a troubleshooting step and not a fix.

Edited by sheson