DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Edit: Actually scrap that.
I hid the whole meshes/terrain/tamriel/objects folder and not only these few meshes from the screenshot - and I'm still getting crashes...
So my stupid a## didn't fix anything and I hope I didn't waste your time when reading this.
I guess I will have to test more... Unfortunately, I can't get rid of my original post so I'm sorry 'bout that.

Wish you a nice day :)

5 hours ago, NoahR said:

Hello Sir Sheson. First of all, thank you for your amazing work and for being so active and helpful. 

I recently restarted modding skyrim after a longer break and built my LO.
I've been using DyndoLod 2.0 for a long while and tried out 3.0 months ago without any issues. 

The problem came when I tried to run DYNDOLOD 3.0 (pre AE version, using Papyrus Logs) with Ultra Settings etc. 
My game would literally crash after launching either a new game or getting into an already existing save file. I tracked the crashes down to the Dyndolod.esp.
After a loooong while of constantly running dyndolod again and again. I came across an old post where you pretty much told the person to manually disable chunks of DYNDOLOD Output and check if it works. I did that and came across empty meshes (file size 235b, name of NiNode ''obj'') in the meshes/terrain/objects folder, which I disabled afterwards. No crashes happened afterwards. (Netscript Framework Crash Logs would also mention this mesh in the crash logs)
Screenshot-272.png
Desktop-Screenshot-2021-11-22-19-02-03-8

Do you perhaps know what type of mods could cause these types of meshes to be generated via dyndolod? I have never had this issue before.

(Here is my LO if u rly need it)
https://paste.ee/p/B9mYE

(Edit: NTOverhaul.esp is tree replacer and NTADDON.esp tree addon, NGOverhaul.esp is grass mashup)

With kind regards,
Noah

3 hours ago, NoahR said:

Edit: Actually scrap that.
I hid the whole meshes/terrain/tamriel/objects folder and not only these few meshes from the screenshot - and I'm still getting crashes...
So my stupid a## didn't fix anything and I hope I didn't waste your time when reading this.
I guess I will have to test more... Unfortunately, I can't get rid of my original post so I'm sorry 'bout that.

Wish you a nice day :)

Read the DynDOLOD FAQ and the DynDOLOD Readme how to troubleshoot CTD. Pay attention to the log messages, especially warning and errors about textures.

Read the first post what log files to upload when making reports. Include the LODGen log Tamriel, too. A load order includes all mods not just the list of plugins. Use modwatch if you want to provide that information.

If I had to guess it's the invalid texture from RedBag's Rorikstead.esp as discussed before.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the DynDOLOD FAQ and the DynDOLOD Readme how to troubleshoot CTD. Pay attention to the log messages, especially warning and errors about textures.

Read the first post what log files to upload when making reports. Include the LODGen log Tamriel, too. A load order includes all mods not just the list of plugins. Use modwatch if you want to provide that information.

If I had to guess it's the invalid texture from RedBag's Rorikstead.esp as discussed before.

1. Sorry. Next time (hopefully, a next time won't happen since dyndolod usually run perfectly fine for me) I will keep this in mind! 
2. Thank you SO MUCH! It fixed all my problems - I ran dyndolod without RedBag's Rorikstead.esp and I haven't experienced any CTD for 50 min now. Just shows how incompetent I was when trying to fix it myself. Such a simple and fast solution. <3

37 minutes ago, NoahR said:

1. Sorry. Next time (hopefully, a next time won't happen since dyndolod usually run perfectly fine for me) I will keep this in mind! 
2. Thank you SO MUCH! It fixed all my problems - I ran dyndolod without RedBag's Rorikstead.esp and I haven't experienced any CTD for 50 min now. Just shows how incompetent I was when trying to fix it myself. Such a simple and fast solution. <3

Temporarily disabling plugins or mods is a troubleshooting step. It does not fix errors / invalid textures.

The mod contains an invalid texture that needs to be updated. Either download the fix provided by the mod author (check the bug section) or remove the mod permanently.

I keep getting an Out of Memory error when trying to start TexGenx64 in the new Alpha 55.

[00:05] Background Loader: finished
[00:00] Loading configuration files
[00:00] Game: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimSE.exe, Version: 1.6.323, Date: 2021-11-22 19:06:19
[00:00] SKSE: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe, Version: 2.1.3, Date: 2021-11-23 00:46:30
[00:00] DynDOLOD DLL: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\DynDOLOD.dll, Version: 2.45, Game Version: 1.6.323, Date: 2021-11-23 01:45:00
[00:00] PapyrusUtil DLL: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\PapyrusUtil.dll, Version: 4.1, Game Version: 1.6.323, Date: 2021-11-23 08:53:56
[00:00] Program: D:\Game Apps\Manual Mods\DynDOLOD\TexGenx64.exe, Version: 3.0.0.0, Date: 2021-11-23 16:31:58
[00:00] Started by: C:\Windows\explorer.exe, Version: 10.0.22000.120, Date: 2021-10-07 18:40:59
[00:00] External: D:\Game Apps\Manual Mods\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, Date: 2021-10-20 01:00:00

Strange since I ran DynDOLOD on the same setup 5 days ago with no problem, on the new AE build. Is this related to the 1.6.323 update?

16 minutes ago, jpteixeira said:

I keep getting an Out of Memory error when trying to start TexGenx64 in the new Alpha 55.

Strange since I ran DynDOLOD on the same setup 5 days ago with no problem, on the new AE build. Is this related to the 1.6.323 update?

Read the first post which log files and bugreport.txt to upload when making posts.

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log files and bugreport.txt to upload when making posts.

Sorry, this must be all. Bugreport.txt not uploaded as the file doesn't exist. Below is a copy of the error.

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error: Memória esgotada.

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Manual | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

34 minutes ago, jpteixeira said:

Sorry, this must be all. Bugreport.txt not uploaded as the file doesn't exist. Below is a copy of the error.

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error: Memória esgotada.

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Manual | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 501.44 kB · 1 download TexGen_SSE_log.txt 378.36 kB · 0 downloads

The out of memory message happens while testing the graphics card. This part did not really change in the past 10 alphas or so.

If there is more than one graphics card, it is supposed to use the first / better one. See that the primary card is set correctly in the OS/driver.

Make sure VRAM is not used up too much by other processes.

32 minutes ago, sheson said:

The out of memory message happens while testing the graphics card. This part did not really change in the past 10 alphas or so.

If there is more than one graphics card, it is supposed to use the first / better one. See that the primary card is set correctly in the OS/driver.

Device manager correctly recognizes the GPU. Last driver update was 16 of november, and the last I used DynDOLOD successfully was 18th of november. GPU is a Radeon RX6900 XT (16 GB VRAM). I tried lauching TexGenx64 with Task Manager opened and neither RAM or VRAM passed 50% usage.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

I'm having same issue, with latest alpha. Exactly. VRAM is fine, GFX card is fine as always. I'm running against SAE 1.6.323. Same mod list as I recently ran without issue using Alpha 53 against SAE 1.6.318. No bugreport.txt. Repeated 4x.

TexGen_SSE_log.txtTexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

7 hours ago, jpteixeira said:

Device manager correctly recognizes the GPU. Last driver update was 16 of november, and the last I used DynDOLOD successfully was 18th of november. GPU is a Radeon RX6900 XT (16 GB VRAM). I tried lauching TexGenx64 with Task Manager opened and neither RAM or VRAM passed 50% usage.

8 hours ago, jpteixeira said:

29 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I'm having same issue, with latest alpha. Exactly. VRAM is fine, GFX card is fine as always. I'm running against SAE 1.6.323. Same mod list as I recently ran without issue using Alpha 53 against SAE 1.6.318. No bugreport.txt. Repeated 4x.

This should hopefully be fixed in Alpha 56

Hey, I downloaded Alpha 56, but the executable gave me an error which "Could not determine application mode. Do not rename executables." I didn't even rename anything and gave the same error when I try to launch the executable directly. Can you check it out?

57 minutes ago, Jake0233 said:

Hey, I downloaded Alpha 56, but the executable gave me an error which "Could not determine application mode. Do not rename executables." I didn't even rename anything and gave the same error when I try to launch the executable directly. Can you check it out?

I can not really check a problem that happens on your PC, OS  or installation. Without any information there is only one thing I can tell you: do not rename or modify any of the files.

There might be a problem with the archive. Let me me upload a new one.

1 hour ago, Jake0233 said:

Recreated and uploaded the Standalone archive again. Download Alpha-56 again unpack into new, empty folder.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1