DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 170

sheson

2 hours ago, markuskarttunen said:

Interestingly, as far as I can see I didn't notice any shift (as in moving the billboard along any axis) but rather a whole turn from the side view, which does look better though; pictured here. I haven't touched the trunk nor the crown models between these two runs. From afar it looks rather good now unless zoomed in from an angle, which I don't think is possible to counter with a model like this on hybrids, but I think I'm going to release a stripped down 3D version of the trunk anyway.

Yes, that is totally wrong/flipped and will be fixed in the next alpha. Generate LOD with this text version of LODGen again. https://mega.nz/file/oJJkQQAb#HX-qd-P7pJJi2c-BItUzq1qSeEunwXV988G3k5GnQQ4 and it should all match

53 minutes ago, sheson said:

Yes, that is totally wrong/flipped and will be fixed in the next alpha. Generate LOD with this text version of LODGen again. https://mega.nz/file/oJJkQQAb#HX-qd-P7pJJi2c-BItUzq1qSeEunwXV988G3k5GnQQ4 and it should all match

I'd love to come back with results on this one but unfortunately AMD has decided to bless me with the blackscreen-treatment with that version of LODGen. I've got the latest recommended drivers but this just happens on some versions of dyndolod, I've decided to live with it until I get around buying a 4090 or any other card with drivers that don't crash daily.

18 minutes ago, markuskarttunen said:

I'd love to come back with results on this one but unfortunately AMD has decided to bless me with the blackscreen-treatment with that version of LODGen. I've got the latest recommended drivers but this just happens on some versions of dyndolod, I've decided to live with it until I get around buying a 4090 or any other card with drivers that don't crash daily.

LODGen does not use any DIrectX, OpenGL etc. functions.

7 minutes ago, sheson said:

LODGen does not use any DIrectX, OpenGL etc. functions.

Really? I've thought it'd have a lot of GPU stuff going on as if I blackscreen during a lod generation it happens right after the little lodgen window pops up, pushes a couple level 4 lods and everything goes black.

9 hours ago, markuskarttunen said:

Hello Sheson, thank you for DynDOLOD and especially it's Hybrid tree LOD feature. Its a game changer and allows for near-seamless transition of LOD and full models without tanking performance. I have a question/request on it, I have no idea if it's possible though but thought I'd ask. Would it be possible for TexGen to generate the hybrid tree trunk renders from all 4 sides instead of 2 and apply them on their respective one-sided planes if template4.nif is selected as the flatnif? This would make them more consistent on tree models that have a very "chaotic" trunk geometry (eg. ReachCliffTree01 pictured here). Thank you for your time :)

For such trees, I always just use 'optimized' full models as sheson mentioned. Even sometimes for really thick straight trunks. The trunk billboards for most trees are too far away to really notice the minutia, IMO, and I'm just happy that they only use 4 or 8 triangles :) If you know what to look for, you can usually spot a billboard anyway (particularly if they are really fat billboards).

1 hour ago, markuskarttunen said:

I posted yesterday about possibly related issues with latest alpha and AMD. Completely removing Adrenaline by reinstalling "Drivers only" option (with "Factory Reset" option ticked) of 22.5.1 resolved my troubles.

14 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I posted yesterday about possibly related issues with latest alpha and AMD. Completely removing Adrenaline by reinstalling "Drivers only" option (with "Factory Reset" option ticked) of 22.5.1 resolved my troubles.

Funnily the latest A106 has caused no issues but some earlier versions have consistently blackscreened on me. Imma take a look at my drivers once more, I know I don't have the adrenaline installed (since nothing on it works anyway) but can't remember if I factory reset it back in the day. Thanks! :)

Hi any help pls.

I recieve this error.

Error: File not found textures\bscyrodiil\architecture\farmhouse\cyrodiilfarmstucco02.dds

(I extracted Bsheartland.bsa in BSA extractor, found those mentioned, copied that to the mod folder nad still nothing, same error).

And first of all I did not even had Bruma in my load order....so what the hack is this

thank You very much

Edited by JiriHodan

23 minutes ago, JiriHodan said:

Hi any help pls.

I recieve this error.

Error: File not found textures\bscyrodiil\architecture\farmhouse\cyrodiilfarmstucco02.dds

(I extracted Bsheartland.bsa in BSA extractor, found those mentioned, copied that to the mod folder nad still nothing, same error).

And first of all I did not even had Bruma in my load order....so what the hack is this

thank You very much

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.
If there was a message window, use the "Copy this message to clipboard" link to copy and post the entire message as explained on the first post

As explained on the first post, search for and then actually do read older posts about the same problem. https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=cyrodiilfarmstucco02.dds&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=223, the first post of  the search results says:
cyrodiilfarmstucco02.dds is part of Beyond Reach and the texture is required because arnima.esm is in the load order.
Read the next couple posts as well.

While there should be not need to ever unpack any BSA from unrelated mods, the message still tells you exactly what the problem is as explained in the contextual help that opens when clicking the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" in case there is a message pop-up.  Read this page https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures, especially if you believe the mentioned file exists at the mentioned location of the games data folder that is used by the tool.  The file either really does not exist wherever the tool is looking for it, or the tool is prevented from file access by the OS.

Error: File not found scripts\ccbgssse038_assassinenablescript.pex ccbgssse038-bowofshadows.esl ccBGSSSE038EnableTrigger [ACTI:FE020835]

Ignore or change the name of the script in Xedit to ccbssse038_assassinenableonattachscript.pex?

2 hours ago, Elaura said:

Error: File not found scripts\ccbgssse038_assassinenablescript.pex ccbgssse038-bowofshadows.esl ccBGSSSE038EnableTrigger [ACTI:FE020835]

Ignore or change the name of the script in Xedit to ccbssse038_assassinenableonattachscript.pex?

Sure why not. That script has matching properties.

• Like 1

Hey folks, I keep getting this error and im at a loss. It doesn't give a specific reason for the error. Any tips?

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Setting EditorID to skyrimesm_0DDD36_DynDOLOD_FIX failed for DynDOLOD.esp [REFR:000DDD36] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00007157] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -38,2))

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

9 hours ago, EazyH said:

Hey folks, I keep getting this error and im at a loss. It doesn't give a specific reason for the error. Any tips?

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Setting EditorID to skyrimesm_0DDD36_DynDOLOD_FIX failed for DynDOLOD.esp [REFR:000DDD36] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00007157] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -38,2))

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Search for the error message to find existing posts as explained on the first post. https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=Setting EditorID to&quick=1&type=forums_topic&item=17510

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds#Requirements
The workarounds require plugins containing deleted large references to be cleaned. Every plugin containing deleted references should be cleaned. See the Prerequisites section of the Generation Instructions for more.

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
Clean and error check the load order with xEdit. Clean every plugin that LOOT suggests to clean