DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

I have tried generating with TexGen four times now. When it is generating textures is stops on a random texture, usually 1 texture and just stops. Currently the last line of the log is...

[05:50]     Creating C:\[SKYRIM SE]\DynDOLOD 3.00\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\statueofauriellod.dds from 1 textures

Why is this happening? It was happening before I updated TexGen and Dyndolod AND after.

59 minutes ago, DisgustingBliss said:

I have tried generating with TexGen four times now. When it is generating textures is stops on a random texture, usually 1 texture and just stops. Currently the last line of the log is...

[05:50]     Creating C:\[SKYRIM SE]\DynDOLOD 3.00\TexGen_Output\textures\dlc01\lod\statueofauriellod.dds from 1 textures

Why is this happening? It was happening before I updated TexGen and Dyndolod AND after.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum which log, debug and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload.

I will list the things that worked for people in the past as discussed in this thread. Try one at time until it hopefully works:

Make sure UAC and antivirus are not interfering. Add exceptions for all executables, also for in ..\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe for example.

Update the graphics driver to the latest version. Install the driver only without the crapware or terminate the crapware before using the tools.

Check the task manager for stuck Texconvx64.exe that TexGen might be waiting for. If you terminate all Texconvx64.exe TexGen should have a related error message and stop.

Add LockTexconv=1 under [TexGen] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI to see if that changes anything.

If not, test if adding RenderSingle=1 under [TexGen] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI lets it run through.

If not, test if adding RenderTexturesSingleThread=1 under [TexGen] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.IN changes anything.

If not, test if instructing Texconv to not use the GPU by adding TexconvAdapterIndex=-1 under [TexGen] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.IN changes anything.

If it still gets stuck, upload both the log and the debug log.

4 hours ago, fractalbase said:

Not trying to work around errors in plugins that DynDOLOD finds, but DynDOLOD seems to DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txtbe processing plugins that are disabled.  Is that intended?

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which debug log to also upload when making posts.

DynDOLOD is a modified xLODGen, which is a tool mode of xEdit. The xEdit background loader is what loads plugins.

xEdit automatically loads plugins that are enabled in C:\Users\crichmond\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt.
xEdit automatically loads plugins that are masters required by plugins.

8 hours ago, CyborgArmGUn said:

Updated to DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-10 and um...

0 idea what to do with this

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2023.08.18 - 16.35.13.19.jpg

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log debug and papyrus log to upload when making posts.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds

DynDOLOD problem with worlds config file

You probably did not generate LOD with the Large reference bugs checkbox checked or there was a problem with the generation being incomplete.
If it is not that, then upload c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log and ../Data/SKSE/Plugins/DynDOLOD_Data/DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt if it exists in addition to the other logs.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:58 AM, Blackread said:

Almost forgot, there were also these things:

5QdE4zF.pngXAuOazh.png

The first picture is from Evermore in Beyond Reach, the second is the entrance to Cidhna Mine in Markarth. To my eyes it looks like either LOD or the underside mesh, but I wasn't able to target it in console so I assume it's the former, unless things have changed.

Edit: Remembered the tll command. Using it made the low res objects disappear, so they indeed are LOD.

This is a vanilla bug. The model is so placed it spans across cells and since there are no large references when LOD has to show for it just peeks into active cells.

Next version will have an update to the mesh mask rule that already exist for arnima.esm to just delete it. There are already so many mountain models placed in the parent world that cover up the terrain I did not see any bad side effects doing a brief check.

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is a vanilla bug. The model is so placed it spans across cells and since there are no large references when LOD has to show for it just peeks into active cells.

Next version will have an update to the mesh mask rule that already exist for arnima.esm to just delete it. There are already so many mountain models placed in the parent world that cover up the terrain I did not see any bad side effects doing a brief check.

Sounds like a good solution, thank you.

I also have a suggestion of a few lines to be added to \DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldMatches.txt to fix a few issues when copying SolitudeWorld with NoCellsWithNAVM=0:

Spoiler

The Great City of Solitude.esp;136D4;The Great City of Solitude.esp;136D4;[REFR:050136D4] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeDocksEntrance [CELL:00009279] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -15,25));[REFR:050136D4] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeDocksEntrance [CELL:00009279] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -15,25))
The Great City of Solitude.esp;136D6;The Great City of Solitude.esp;136D6;[REFR:050136D6] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeDocksEntrance [CELL:00009279] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -15,25));[REFR:050136D6] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeDocksEntrance [CELL:00009279] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -15,25))
The Great City of Solitude.esp;147DB;The Great City of Solitude.esp;147DB;[REFR:050147DB] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeExterior02 [CELL:0000927A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -16,25));[REFR:050147DB] (places MountainTrimSlab [STAT:0006F273] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of SolitudeExterior02 [CELL:0000927A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -16,25))
The Great City of Solitude.esp;C4AE;The Great City of Solitude.esp;C4AE;[REFR:0500C4AE] (places MountainPeak02 [STAT:00043F55] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009298] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -13,24));[REFR:0500C4AE] (places MountainPeak02 [STAT:00043F55] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009298] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -13,24))

The details for the issues are at the bottom of my comment here:

I generated Tamriel LOD with these additions and the end result looked good to me.

DLL NG Alpha-10 / DynDOLOD 3a134 / Resources 3a38

Not sure if the discrepancy is expected, but reporting just in case:

• DynDOLOD MCM shows DLL version 3.07

image.png

• ..\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log shows DLL version 3.09
DynDOLOD NG plugin version: 3.0.9.0 | SKSE version: 2.0.20.0 | Game version: 1-5-97-0
[...]

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

DLL NG Alpha-10 / DynDOLOD 3a134 / Resources 3a38

Not sure if the discrepancy is expected, but reporting just in case:

• DynDOLOD MCM shows DLL version 3.07

image.png

• ..\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log shows DLL version 3.09
DynDOLOD NG plugin version: 3.0.9.0 | SKSE version: 2.0.20.0 | Game version: 1-5-97-0
[...]

The MCM showing the same API version for everything is expected.

DynDOLOD 3a134 / Resources 3a38 / DLL NG + Scripts 3a10

The exterior doors of Heljarchen Hall don't load correctly when approached from far away. The full model doesn't load and the load door doesn't work (it doesn't teleport to the interior cell). Though strangely the activation prompt is displayed, and the opening sound is played when activated - but nothing else happens.

• Coming from Dawnstar approaching from the north, door is not properly loaded.
  • Coming from Whiterun approaching from the south, door is not properly loaded.
  • Saving the game in front of the door and reloading doesn't change anything.
  • Saving the game in front of the door, quitting, restarting and reloading the save properly loads the door model which then teleports correctly when activated.
  • With the door properly loaded, walking away from cell 7,9 to cell 1,4 and coming back, the door is again properly loaded.
  • With the door properly loaded, walking away from cell 7,9 to cell 16,4 and coming back, the door is not properly loaded.
  • Both doors (first and second floors) are affected.
  • Problem doesn't occur when DynDOLOD plugins and DLL/scripts are disabled.

Misloaded Door | Activation Prompt | From a distance

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

From a distance (DynDOLOD door disabled, vanilla door should be loaded but is not) | From far away (DynDOLOD door enabled)

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Misc. notes:

• This is with an ongoing, long-running game on which I recently upgraded from Alpha 120 (without LR-workarounds) to Alpha 134. Upgrade was done by the book (save in interior cell, disable DynDOLOD, load, clean save, ...). Everything went smoothly and without a hitch. I have only played a few hours so far and not travelled all over, but everything else is looking and working great.
  • I have the other 2 Hearthfire homes built but I haven't checked them yet.
  • I thought about trying on a new game, but Hearthfire's homes don't "exist" on a new game and it's not exactly straightforward to spawn them (quest, bunch of enable parents, ...). ASLAL can start the player in a HF home so I could try that perhaps.

Full Logs here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19EQbVwyzUSpR3ReaOWITDJFmMuKv5JYF/view

* Papyrus logs are not provided. I'll await your instructions and guidance for troubleshooting further.

Thank you.

the following file in dyndolod 3 alpha resource might be corrupt:

Error accessing D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\lod\imperial\impexttowershelltop01_lod_3.nif Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

D:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse>dir impexttowershelltop01_lod_3.nif /s
 Volume in drive D is Games NVMe SSD
 Volume Serial Number is 504F-77C0

Directory of D:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse\DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00-52897-Alpha-38-1691175144\Meshes\lod\imperial

07/23/2021  08:00 PM             5,751 impexttowershelltop01_lod_3.nif
               1 File(s)          5,751 bytes

Total Files Listed:
               0 Dir(s)  1,002,555,133,952 bytes free

The big error  I got from running dyndolod:

LODGen Failed To Generate Object LOD
In case LODGen failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds, check the log messages for the filenames of LODGen logs to check for further details:

Check ..DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_[GAME MODE]_[WORLDSPACE]_log.txt
See LODGen for further explanations and hints and possible solutions for certain error codes.

See Expert Mode how to execute LODGen again for a worldspace to complete object LOD generation.

Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for arnimaDUPLICATE003. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_arnimaDUPLICATE003_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Falskaar. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Falskaar_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_log.txt

all the listed logs reference the mentioned nif.

I ran Cathedral Asset Optimizer on the "DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00-52897-Alpha-38-1691175144" mod folder and redeployed mods and will run DynDOLOD again and hopefully the issue is fixed.

2 hours ago, fractalbase said:

the following file in dyndolod 3 alpha resource might be corrupt:

Error accessing D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\meshes\lod\imperial\impexttowershelltop01_lod_3.nif Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

D:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse>dir impexttowershelltop01_lod_3.nif /s
 Volume in drive D is Games NVMe SSD
 Volume Serial Number is 504F-77C0

Directory of D:\Vortex Mods\skyrimse\DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00-52897-Alpha-38-1691175144\Meshes\lod\imperial

07/23/2021  08:00 PM             5,751 impexttowershelltop01_lod_3.nif

Total Files Listed:
               0 Dir(s)  1,002,555,133,952 bytes free

The big error  I got from running dyndolod:

LODGen Failed To Generate Object LOD
In case LODGen failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds, check the log messages for the filenames of LODGen logs to check for further details:

Check ..DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_[GAME MODE]_[WORLDSPACE]_log.txt
See LODGen for further explanations and hints and possible solutions for certain error codes.

See Expert Mode how to execute LODGen again for a worldspace to complete object LOD generation.

Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for arnimaDUPLICATE003. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_arnimaDUPLICATE003_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for DLC2SolstheimWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Falskaar. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Falskaar_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds. Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld AUT. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_AUT_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld SPR. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_SPR_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld SUM. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_SUM_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld WIN. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_WIN_log.txt
Error: LODGenx64Win.exe failed to generate object LOD for WyrmstoothWorld. LODGenx64Win.exe returned 25B. Check D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_log.txt

all the listed logs reference the mentioned nif.

I ran Cathedral Asset Optimizer on the "DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00-52897-Alpha-38-1691175144" mod folder and redeployed mods and will run DynDOLOD again and hopefully the issue is fixed.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log, debug log and at least one of the mentioned lodgen logs. Also upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

The impexttowershelltop01_lod_3.nif included in DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 has a time stamp from 2021-07-24. If the file is corrupt it probably happened because of an incomplete archive download or after unpacking.

56 minutes ago, sheson said:

With the attached test version of the DynDOLOD DLL NG the doors should be unaffected. Let me know.

Thanks. Unfortunately there was no improvement, sorry.

For testing I loaded a save from inside the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun (DynDOLOD should be "idle" at that point) and rode to Heljarchen Hall: still no doors :(

DynDOLOD.log:

Spoiler
DynDOLOD NG plugin version: 3.0.10.0 | SKSE version: 2.0.20.0 | Game version: 1-5-97-0
DynDOLOD save/load handler installed.
DynDOLOD Papyrus functions installed.
Default Trampoline => 0B / 28B (00.00%)
Trampoline initialized.
Default Trampoline => 14B / 28B (50.00%)
Default Trampoline => 28B / 28B (100.00%)
DynDOLOD Patch installed.
DynDOLOD Cell Events installed.
DynDOLOD Menu Events installed.
DynDOLOD Player Events installed.
Reading file Data/SKSE/Plugins/DynDOLOD_Data/DynDOLOD_NG_Worlds.txt
Reading file Data/SKSE/Plugins/DynDOLOD_Data/DynDOLOD_NG_Tamriel.txt