DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 170

sheson

4 hours ago, 1erCru said:

Feel like I should know this ..

How does one get grass to render in what looks like the farthest section before the horizon line. I use NGIO grass mode 2. The grass renders quite a ways but the last section of what it viewable just looks like it has some clumps of grass. its so far away it doesnt matter really but was wondering if maybe I have missed something.

Maybe I missed something in the INi files ?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD Grass LOD is generated for LOD level 4 only.

You can use the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings to change object LOD distances.

If grass LOD seems to be missing for certain types of grasses, they probably do not have billboards generated. See the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List

Hi Sheson, 

first of all thanks for your hard work. I have been using dyndolod with ngio quite a while and cant imagine running skyrim without.

I wanted to generate new textures with Texgen for Alpha 65 but i keep getting an error for a missing file. 

when generating temp files im getting this error:

Error: File not found textures\dlc01\landscape\icelakesurface.dds.

I have checked mo2 data folder structure and the file is not provided by resources archive

I am using the latest resource alpha 19. 

I have disabled my virus protection just to make sure nothing is getting blocked but getting the same error.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by duffB

52 minutes ago, duffB said:

Hi Sheson, 

first of all thanks for your hard work. I have been using dyndolod with ngio quite a while and cant imagine running skyrim without.

I wanted to generate new textures with Texgen for Alpha 65 but i keep getting an error for a missing file. 

when generating temp files im getting this error:

Error: File not found textures\dlc01\landscape\icelakesurface.dds.

I have checked mo2 data folder structure and the file is not provided by resources archive

I am using the latest resource alpha 19. 

I have disabled my virus protection just to make sure nothing is getting blocked but getting the same error.

Thanks in advance for your help!

textures\dlc01\landscape\icelakesurface.dds is a vanilla texture in Skyrim - Textures3.BSA

As the TexGen options window says: "In case of file not found errors verify the log that all the required BSA files are loaded."

2 hours ago, sheson said:

textures\dlc01\landscape\icelakesurface.dds is a vanilla texture in Skyrim - Textures3.BSA

As the TexGen options window says: "In case of file not found errors verify the log that all the required BSA files are loaded."

Ah yes thanks. for anyone wondering incase having the same issue: The AE update from steam changed the textures4.bsa to not include those files anymore. Im doing a full patch downgrade now to fix this.. 

1 hour ago, duffB said:

Ah yes thanks. for anyone wondering incase having the same issue: The AE update from steam changed the textures4.bsa to not include those files anymore. Im doing a full patch downgrade now to fix this.. 

Let me be more specfic.

textures\dlc01\landscape\icelakesurface.dds is a vanilla texture that is in Skyrim Textures3.BSA for 1.5.x and in Skyrim Textures4.BSA for Skyrim 1.6.x

Make sure that the vanilla BSA files are listed in the [Archive] section of Skyrim.INI like in the default INI as it is created by the launcher so they are automatically loaded by xEdit/XLODGen/DynDOLOD. The loaded BSA files will be listed in the message log.

There is no need to downgrade or upgrade anything. You only need to make sure the base game is setup properly.

16 minutes ago, sheson said:

Let me be more specfic.

textures\dlc01\landscape\icelakesurface.dds is a vanilla texture that is in Skyrim Textures3.BSA for 1.5.x and in Skyrim Textures4.BSA for Skyrim 1.6.x

Make sure that the vanilla BSA files are listed in the [Archive] section of Skyrim.INI like in the default INI as it is created by the launcher so they are automatically loaded by xEdit/XLODGen/DynDOLOD. The loaded BSA files will be listed in the message log.

There is no need to downgrade or upgrade anything. You only need to make sure the base game is setup properly.

my skyrim.ini looks like this: 

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa

bLoadArchiveInMemory=1

sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList=Skyrim - Animations.bsa

and my log of texgen looks like this at the start:

[00:00] Background Loader: starting...
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Misc.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Shaders.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Interface.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Animations.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Sounds.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Textures0.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Textures1.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Textures2.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Textures3.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Textures4.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Textures5.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Textures6.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Textures7.bsa] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: [Skyrim - Textures8.bsa] Loading Resources.

still getting the error. 

24 minutes ago, duffB said:

my skyrim.ini looks like this: 

and my log of texgen looks like this at the start:

still getting the error. 

Start the load order in xEdit

Start the Asset Browser with CTRL + F3

Enter the filename into the filter field. The Asset Browser shows which container(s) contain the file. The first one listed wins. Data means loose files.

textures\dlc01\landscape\icelakesurface.dds is a vanilla texture that ships with the vanilla BSA files for Skyrim Special Edition or the Dawnguard DLC or HiRes DLC for Skyrim.

If the texture is not in the vanilla BSA files, then the BSA files are not vanilla anymore / being overwritten or there are some kind of access problems.

Verify the integrity of the local game files in Steam to restore the vanilla BSA files.

Read the first post which entire logfiles to upload when making posts.

53 minutes ago, sheson said:

Start the load order in xEdit

Start the Asset Browser with CTRL + F3

Enter the filename into the filter field. The Asset Browser shows which container(s) contain the file. The first one listed wins. Data means loose files.

textures\dlc01\landscape\icelakesurface.dds is a vanilla texture that ships with the vanilla BSA files for Skyrim Special Edition or the Dawnguard DLC or HiRes DLC for Skyrim.

If the texture is not in the vanilla BSA files, then the BSA files are not vanilla anymore / being overwritten or there are some kind of access problems.

That helped figuring out that my BSAs were appearently corrupted.. I re verified my files and it works again. Thank you for your time!

Edited by duffB

hi! good news this time!

i had been messing around with the lodgen.. trying all sorts of combinations. i was recommended to lower fblocklevel0 lod distance to below 50,000 units. suddenly: everything worked. even with the tree plugin.

just happily reporting ^^

- omniguous

Edited by Omniguous
clarification

A similar question was asked earlier but was not answered. Asking from the point of view of a mod user, not a mod author:

Am I correct in assuming that flagging an 'Initially disabled large reference' UDR in a non-ESM plugin as Deleted would turn it into a 'Overwritten large reference' 'Deleted Reference' warning? Disregarding the implications of a Deleted reference, would that actually prevent the Large Reference Bugs?

Thanks.

43 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

A similar question was asked earlier but was not answered. Asking from the point of view of a mod user, not a mod author:

Am I correct in assuming that flagging an 'Initially disabled large reference' UDR in a non-ESM plugin as Deleted would turn it into a 'Overwritten large reference' 'Deleted Reference' warning? Disregarding the implications of a Deleted reference, would that actually prevent the Large Reference Bugs?

Thanks.

Any large reference that is overwritten by an ESP triggers large reference bugs and if the deleted flag is set can cause CTD if anything else tries to access that reference.

To "delete" a large reference, create an overwrite in an ESM flagged plugin (can be ESL flagged, too) and move it underground z=-30000. No initially Disabled flag, no enable parent.

That is what the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules Reference dropdown = Delete does. It will try to use DynDOLOD.esm for the overwrite if possible.

16 minutes ago, sheson said:

Any large reference that is overwritten by an ESP triggers large reference bugs

Sorry for being thick in the head, but this is ambiguous... :) Are you considering a REFR marked Deleted in an ESP as an overwrite or not in the statement above? Again, ignoring the fact that Deleted references are dangerous, a Deleted-flagged REFR can be interpreted as "not existing", rather than "existing and overwritten". Does a Deleted-flagged REFR in an ESP at the highest priority in the load order cause the Large Reference Bugs?

Can you please clarify, thanks.

Going on a tangent here, considering that all DLCs and Update.esm are part of the vanilla SSE game, aren't you concerned that issuing all these Deleted Reference warnings for Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm and Update.esm is merely "noise" that doesn't really help and can confuse users? If these references are used by SSE mods and cause CTDs, it's a bug in the mod, not in the vanilla game. For all intents and purposes, these REFR don't exist in the vanilla SSE game - they should not be used. There is no need to "clean" them either.

The WIP version of the STEP guide for SSE/SAE doesn't advise users to clean the vanilla masters. They'll be faced with a ton of Deleted Reference warnings and wondering if they've done something wrong, perhaps flooding you with stupid support questions in the process.

Hi, I am using DynDOLOD 3 and have the latest version, plus the latest Dyndolod Resources installed. I have a problem when running Dyndolod (Texgen works fine), where it will just close on me in the middle of the process. It closes at different times (ie, MarkarthWorld, SkuldafnWorld, FalmerValley, etc). It's inconsistent. After trying 4 or 5 times, it will eventually complete successfully. I've got my mods folder exempt from antivirus, and have even tried with antivirus disabled completely. Any ideas what is causing this? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Mousetick said:

Sorry for being thick in the head, but this is ambiguous... :) Are you considering a REFR marked Deleted in an ESP as an overwrite or not in the statement above? Again, ignoring the fact that Deleted references are dangerous, a Deleted-flagged REFR can be interpreted as "not existing", rather than "existing and overwritten". Does a Deleted-flagged REFR in an ESP at the highest priority in the load order cause the Large Reference Bugs?

Can you please clarify, thanks.

Going on a tangent here, considering that all DLCs and Update.esm are part of the vanilla SSE game, aren't you concerned that issuing all these Deleted Reference warnings for Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm and Update.esm is merely "noise" that doesn't really help and can confuse users? If these references are used by SSE mods and cause CTDs, it's a bug in the mod, not in the vanilla game. For all intents and purposes, these REFR don't exist in the vanilla SSE game - they should not be used. There is no need to "clean" them either.

The WIP version of the STEP guide for SSE/SAE doesn't advise users to clean the vanilla masters. They'll be faced with a ton of Deleted Reference warnings and wondering if they've done something wrong, perhaps flooding you with stupid support questions in the process.

This is an absolute statement: Any large reference that is overwritten by an ESP triggers large reference bugs.
The deleted flag does not change the fact that the large reference is being overwritten.
The ignore flag makes a record non-existent. The record does not have any affect with the ignore flag. If a record has no effect it does not overwrite anything.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-References

Message about deleted references are statements of facts.
Cleaning is a prerequisite before generating LODhttps://tes5edit.github.io/docs/7-mod-cleaning-and-error-checking.html

Update, DLC and CC plugins change between game updates and there are older mods/plugins out there that have not been made with the (future) changes / additions of plugins in mind.
If a guide wants to skip the simple and save process of cleaning to save a few minutes time in a setup that takes hours / days, then it should provide a patch that fixes such problems and other issues in the load order.
If you believe warning and error messages are noise, I suggest to simply fix the cause of the problem nonetheless. Incidentally taking care of known problems - regardless of how mundane they seem - helps greatly with stability and troubleshooting later on.