Where is the MCM?

LynziRaeighn

Question

Never mind, I fixed it. The problem was that I hadn't installed SkyUI and iHUD through NMM. Had tried doing it with Wrye Smash.

MCM is where it should be now and I feel accomplished.

This shouldn't have made any difference at all. Are you sure you've setup Wrye correctly?

I'm pretty sure I read that they are now only NMM compliant (or whatever the word is). Wrye is fine and everything is working now.

I don't think it's possible for a mod to work with NMM but not WB as long as you're installing it correctly... I use WB only and I have it working.  Not sure what the problem is though; worst case scenario you can remove any trace of SkyUI and re-download the files.

Well I put it on with NMM so I don't know if I should bother?

Up to you I suppose.  I don't even have NMM installed, so I'm not 100% sure how WB will interact with it.  For one thing though, WB won't restore any files from NMM that it overwrites.  For example, if Mod A is installed by NMM and uses texture X and Mod B installed by WB uses the same texture, uninstalling Mod B will simply erase the file, WB won't know to restore Mod A's version of X.

Are you trying to use SkyUI or just the MCM by itself?  SkyUI is just an ESP/BSA combo, so it should install through WB no problem.  If it's not showing up then there's got to be some issue with SKSE, or you're not setting something else up correctly.

Well, I accidentally pressed something to do with turning on all unactivated plugins on NMM and that made them all get a green tick in Wrye. I'm not sure if I was meant to do something else in Wrye but now a mod's MCM bit is showing up when it didn't when I just used Wrye.

I didn't realise I was supposed to activate anything after installing?

Well, I accidentally pressed something to do with turning on all unactivated plugins on NMM and that made them all get a green tick in Wrye. I'm not sure if I was meant to do something else in Wrye but now a mod's MCM bit is showing up when it didn't when I just used Wrye.

I didn't realise I was supposed to activate anything after installing?

There's a difference between installing the mod: placing the files in the Skyrim directory; and activating it: telling Skyrim to use the ESP.  The former is done in the Installers tab in WB while the latter is done in the Mods tab (not sure how the UI works in NMM).

If you're referring to activating a mod, then that's expected.  Skyrim only looks at one file when determining what ESPs to use, so if you activate a mod in NMM, WB will see that it's activated and say so (with the green tick); in this regard all the mod managers will "be on the same page" as it were.  The incompatibility comes in when you're installing the mods, that's where each of the mod managers has their own approach and won't know what the others are doing.  It sounds like you installed the mod through WB but never activated it until you did in NMM.

*slaps forehead*

I thought I was doing so well, too.

I'm assuming then that was my mistake and if I install everything with Wrye and make sure to activate them then I don't have anything to worry about?

Haha, gotta love those brainfart moments.  Everything should work fine if installed through WB.  As far as Skyrim itself is concerned, it doesn't matter how the files get into the Data folder as long as they do.  Yeah, basically just install the mods you want, how you want and then you can just activate everything in the Mods tab of WB, run BOSS, and you should be good to go.

Is there a way to just have a mod activated when you install it with WB? I really hate when I do a fresh install and then I have to click every esm/esp. I'm guessing that is by design though.

I've forgotten to activate new mods a million times by just installing them and then just starting Skyrim without going to the mods tab.

Is there a way to just have a mod activated when you install it with WB? I really hate when I do a fresh install and then I have to click every esm/esp. I'm guessing that is by design though.

I've forgotten to activate new mods a million times by just installing them and then just starting Skyrim without going to the mods tab.

Not as far as I know, I haven't even found an "Activate all" button.  Submit it as a request to the WB team.