Where is the MCM?

LynziRaeighn

Question

It didn't seem to cause any issue when I used NMM to activate the plugins and it's easy to do from there. If people think that is safe and you don't mind downloading it then you could always do that? Again, I'm a massive noob.

Question: I've got all the mods I want on, some from STEP and some I found through GEMS. After jiggering the load order a teensy bit after reading the nexus pages for the mods, etc, I appear to have most everything working.

What I wanted to ask is if there's anyway to check if the following mods are working without playing along to a point where I will come in contact with them. Also, do any of these appear in the MCM (because if they do then I must have done something wrong again)?: NonEssentialChildren, The Choice is Yours, Ars Metallica, The Paarthunax Dilemma.

I've been using BOSS but found that it doesn't fix everything perfectly. I'm confident I've got the general hang of this though.

It didn't seem to cause any issue when I used NMM to activate the plugins and it's easy to do from there. If people think that is safe and you don't mind downloading it then you could always do that? Again, I'm a massive noob.

Question: I've got all the mods I want on, some from STEP and some I found through GEMS. After jiggering the load order a teensy bit after reading the nexus pages for the mods, etc, I appear to have most everything working.

What I wanted to ask is if there's anyway to check if the following mods are working without playing along to a point where I will come in contact with them. Also, do any of these appear in the MCM (because if they do then I must have done something wrong again)?: NonEssentialChildren, The Choice is Yours, Ars Metallica, The Paarthunax Dilemma.

I've been using BOSS but found that it doesn't fix everything perfectly. I'm confident I've got the general hang of this though.

I don't think any of those have MCM options.  You can test Non-Essential Children by giving one of the little buggers in Whiterun a few taps on the head with your greatsword or use the targetted console command "kill" if you'd rather not bludgeon children.  If the mod's enabled they should die, if not then they'll take a knee and get back up. 

The Choice is Yours can be checked by talking to a guard until he mentions one one of the factions.  If hearing the rumor makes it appear in your quest log then it's not working. 

Ars Metallica can be checked by visiting a forge.  If there's an option to smelt arrows then the mod's working.

Unfortunately I can't think of a simple check for Paarthunax, you'll have to wait and find out for that one :P