xLODGENx64 Not loading

Zasahar

Question

Hello!

I am using Mod Organizer and have added xLODGenx64 to run it from there but the problem is, it doesn't run/open. I don't get any screens it just flickers and then goes back out to Mod Organizer. I am able to run the x86 version but not the x64. I checked to make sure I have Visual C++ installed for x64 which I do have and I have made sure my virus scanner is disabled when attempting this. I have linked a short video that better shows what is happening.

Of note, I am able to run the x86 version of xLODGen and generate output files, should I just resort to using that even though I am on a x64 setup? I have the same problem with TexGenx64 which I can run at x86 like xLOD. Oddly enough though I do not have this problem with DynDLOD which will run the x64 exe file. Thanks!

7 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Zasahar said:

Hello!

I am using Mod Organizer and have added xLODGenx64 to run it from there but the problem is, it doesn't run/open. I don't get any screens it just flickers and then goes back out to Mod Organizer. I am able to run the x86 version but not the x64. I checked to make sure I have Visual C++ installed for x64 which I do have and I have made sure my virus scanner is disabled when attempting this. I have linked a short video that better shows what is happening.

Of note, I am able to run the x86 version of xLODGen and generate output files, should I just resort to using that even though I am on a x64 setup? I have the same problem with TexGenx64 which I can run at x86 like xLOD. Oddly enough though I do not have this problem with DynDLOD which will run the x64 exe file. Thanks!

What is the purpose of the video? I does not seem to provide any additional or useful information to the statement.

Check the MO2 log.

Check the xLODGen log. Run xLODGenx64.exe directly without MO2.
Make sure to provide well formatted command line arguments.
Make sure UAC is blocking anything either.

xLODGenx64 is a renamed xEditx64, which is compiled from the same source code as the x86 version. xEdit is a Delphi program. It does not require any Visual c++ runtimes, that is for Texconv and LODGen.

TexGenx64.exe is a renamed DynDOLODx64.exe. The only difference is the icon.

24 minutes ago, sheson said:

What is the purpose of the video? I does not seem to provide any additional or useful information to the statement.

Check the MO2 log.

Check the xLODGen log. Run xLODGenx64.exe directly without MO2.
Make sure to provide well formatted command line arguments.
Make sure UAC is blocking anything either.

xLODGenx64 is a renamed xEditx64, which is compiled from the same source code as the x86 version. xEdit is a Delphi program. It does not require any Visual c++ runtimes.

Thank you for your response. I will go through the logs and see if anything pops up that may explain it.  I apologize, I have been troubleshooting this for about a week on discord and someone will inevitably ask me "screenshots" even though I literally say "nothing is happening" lol :). Thanks again and I'll post an update after I take a peek. Would it hurt just to run everything in x86 or is that generally note a good idea since the environment is x64?

30 minutes ago, Zasahar said:

Thank you for your response. I will go through the logs and see if anything pops up that may explain it.  I apologize, I have been troubleshooting this for about a week on discord and someone will inevitably ask me "screenshots" even though I literally say "nothing is happening" lol :). Thanks again and I'll post an update after I take a peek. Would it hurt just to run everything in x86 or is that generally note a good idea since the environment is x64?

The x86 version has a good chance to run of memory.

The logs seem to the obvious first thing to check. Starting without MO2 the second.

Take note of the edit to my first post about DynDOLODx64 and TexGenx64 being the same program. Texgenx64 is the equivalent of starting DynDOLODx64.exe with a -texgen command line argument.

50 minutes ago, sheson said:

The x86 version has a good chance to run of memory.

The logs seem to the obvious first thing to check. Starting without MO2 the second.

Take note of the edit to my first post about DynDOLODx64 and TexGenx64 being the same program. Texgenx64 is the equivalent of starting DynDOLODx64.exe with a -texgen command line argument.

Okay there is no log file generated in xLODGen so I started it without MO:

Using Fallout4 Data Path: 
Using Scripts Path: D:\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\
Using ini: 
Fatal: Could not find ini

It looks like it is looking for Fallout4 by default?

xlodgen64.jpg

35 minutes ago, z929669 said:

See the MO command arguments for xLODgen in this table. I assume you are running for SSE, but other arguments exist for other games. You can also rename the EXE file itself, but this works for setting the proper game and launching the program via MO.

I renamed the xLODGENx64  to SSELODGenx64 and can run it that way. I guess I can do that, MO still will not run it from there for whatever reason. Sorry yes I am new to this :D

1 hour ago, Zasahar said:

I renamed the xLODGENx64  to SSELODGenx64 and can run it that way. I guess I can do that, MO still will not run it from there for whatever reason. Sorry yes I am new to this :D

That is the same as xLODGenx64.exe with -sse in the arguments field on MO2 executable.

Refer to the documentation of the mod manager you are using https://github.com/ModOrganizer2/modorganizer/wiki/Executables-window

Make sure to always set a dedicated output folder by adding -o:"c:\output" to the arguments field for xLODGen.

2 hours ago, Zasahar said:

Okay there is no log file generated in xLODGen so I started it without MO:

Using Fallout4 Data Path: 
Using Scripts Path: D:\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\
Using ini: 
Fatal: Could not find ini

It looks like it is looking for Fallout4 by default?

xlodgen64.jpg

xEdit/xLODGen default to FO4, yes.

To set the game mode add -sse or replace x of filename with SSE.
Edit/LODGen as part of the filename or -edit/-lodgen as arguments define the tool mode.