Solstheim Texture Overhaul

sneakybastardd

Solstheim Texture Overhaul

Posted Image

I Couldn't find any retexture out there that satisfied my eyes, as I didn't think it was enough eye candy in it so I decided to use my skills to make it as photo-realistic as it could be. (no offense to any artist out there).

The diffuse (texture) and normalmap(depth map) is 2048 px and some huge models use 4096.

both covers their detail to the maximum.

There is also a alternative version that is in size 1024-2048 for those that can't handle the power.

The mod aim's to retexture whole Solstheim and be as lore Friendly as possible.

STO gives you Detailed 3D textures at your disposal.

No more do you have to walk in a Morrowind world that is flat and blurred. 

Check out my mod for more pics and to try it. 

NMM Compatible of course!

Click here!

Before and after in one :

Click on image for bigger view

Left default - Right mine

Posted Image

Animated landscape pic:

Posted Image

Animated "Swamp Town" pic:

Posted Image

If you don't mind some constructive criticism, I feel like alot of your textures differ too far from the vanilla feel of the game, particularly the landscape ones. I prefer SHD/Langley's over yours for all landscape textures for that reason. Most of the architecture textures, however, are relatively faithful to vanilla and are big improvements. They are, on average, darker than the vanilla textures, but I feel that's reasonable given the prevalence of ash/soot/etc on the island.

If you don't mind some constructive criticism' date=' I feel like alot of your textures differ too far from the vanilla feel of the game, particularly the landscape ones. I prefer SHD/Langley's over yours for all landscape textures for that reason. Most of the architecture textures, however, are relatively faithful to vanilla and are big improvements. They are, on average, darker than the vanilla textures, but I feel that's reasonable given the prevalence of ash/soot/etc on the island.[/quote']

Going to see what I can do about it. Thanks :)

If you don't mind some constructive criticism' date=' I feel like alot of your textures differ too far from the vanilla feel of the game, particularly the landscape ones. I prefer SHD/Langley's over yours for all landscape textures for that reason. Most of the architecture textures, however, are relatively faithful to vanilla and are big improvements. They are, on average, darker than the vanilla textures, but I feel that's reasonable given the prevalence of ash/soot/etc on the island.[/quote']

What Landscape textures didn't fit to vanilla?

What your mod needs is:

1) A modular BAIN installer. (so we can pick the textures we want to mix in)

2) A suggestion to Cestral to check out the mod and how well it incorporates into the rest of TPC.

I like many of the textures from the screenshots, but since I'm currently testing full STEP 2.2.1, I can't give you any more constructive feedback.

If you don't mind some constructive criticism' date=' I feel like alot of your textures differ too far from the vanilla feel of the game' date=' particularly the landscape ones. I prefer SHD/Langley's over yours for all landscape textures for that reason. Most of the architecture textures, however, are relatively faithful to vanilla and are big improvements. They are, on average, darker than the vanilla textures, but I feel that's reasonable given the prevalence of ash/soot/etc on the island.[/quote'']

Sorry, posted that right before going to bed and I'm at work now. If you're still interested I can post a more detailed analysis tonight.

If you don't mind some constructive criticism' date=' I feel like alot of your textures differ too far from the vanilla feel of the game' date=' particularly the landscape ones. I prefer SHD/Langley's over yours for all landscape textures for that reason. Most of the architecture textures, however, are relatively faithful to vanilla and are big improvements. They are, on average, darker than the vanilla textures, but I feel that's reasonable given the prevalence of ash/soot/etc on the island.[/quote'']

Sorry, posted that right before going to bed and I'm at work now. If you're still interested I can post a more detailed analysis tonight.

Yes please! Make sure you download the main file again because I changed them to be more Lorefriendly! :)

As promised, here are the textures I felt differed the most from vanilla... left is vanilla/HR texture pack, middle is Serious HD or Solstheim landscape, right is your mod.

ahh! I see! I see what I can do, I Don't think i will change ash, I like how it looks already. Thanks! :)

I think I can remove some highlights on the ash tho, makeing it fit more to vanilla.

• 6 months later...