Cathedral Landscape grass texture stretch

uxnoel

Hi. I followed STEP SE v1.0, and I am currently loving the experience. However there is a small visual glitch that I encountered-- I have Cathedral Landscape installed, and I noticed that when looking from a distance, some parts from this one type of grass texture (I think it's REleafpile_tallquaduv2.DDS) would always stretch in an unnatural way. The stretch would disappear however if I move closer to the said texture. I wonder if anyone else has this problem and if there is any fix for this?

Skyrim Special Edition 8_30_2021 2_23_42 PM (2).png

Edited by uxnoel

Update: I found out that it was always that one leaf in the REleafpile_tallquaduv2.DDS would stretch itself out. I don't know what caused that, but I used photoshop to edit that one leaf out from both the diffuse map and normal map. Now there is no more stretching, because the one leaf is gone.

However there might be a better solution other than "removing" the problem, and I would like to know if there is.

Yeah, old save, new save, different location, same problem. It would always be this specific texture that has the stretching. I remember a few month ago when I last followed step the problem was there too.

I don't know how to mess with UV. It didn't even occur to me that the mesh could be the problem lol.

45 minutes ago, uxnoel said:

Yeah, old save, new save, different location, same problem. It would always be this specific texture that has the stretching. I remember a few month ago when I last followed step the problem was there too.

I don't know how to mess with UV. It didn't even occur to me that the mesh could be the problem lol.

The UV is mapped in modeling software like 3DsMax or Blender, but you can tweak it in NifSkope by right clicking on the BSTriShape or NiTriShape > Texture > Edit UV .... but that is kind of hit or miss.