FNV LODGen The system cannot find the path specified

SaintLuther

Question

As the title suggests I'm using lodgen for FNV and I've used dyndolod for years for both Skyrim and FNV and ive never encountered this before. When I generate lod the folders will be empty and every lod that was supposed to be generated will say "The system cannot find the path specified" like this "[NVDLC03BigMT] No options file found: C:\Users\Bailey\Downloads\lod\Edit Scripts\FNVLODGen_OldWorldBlues_NVDLC03BigMT_Options.txt" Any ideas? It's like it's not realizing where the files are. Am I supposed to add something like -fnv to the mod organizer thingy?

Edited by SaintLuther

15 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, SaintLuther said:

As the title suggests I'm using lodgen for FNV and I've used dyndolod for years for both Skyrim and FNV and ive never encountered this before. When I generate lod the folders will be empty and every lod that was supposed to be generated will say "The system cannot find the path specified" like this "[NVDLC03BigMT] No options file found: C:\Users\Bailey\Downloads\lod\Edit Scripts\FNVLODGen_OldWorldBlues_NVDLC03BigMT_Options.txt" Any ideas? It's like it's not realizing where the files are. Am I supposed to add something like -fnv to the mod organizer thingy?

Yes, you can either rename the executable or add the command switch to shortcut or MO shortcut path in EXE setup:

8 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Yes, you can either rename the executable or add the command switch to shortcut or MO shortcut path in EXE setup:

So I did that but it's still giving the same error. Does there need to be anything else in this folder?

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

2 minutes ago, SaintLuther said:

is the path the binary or the arguments?

Path = same as "binary" but without the file name at end ... I have always though that the "start in" param was stupid. The OS/app should always know it is same string without file or params ... unless it's not. Never encountered otherwise and seems to not make any sense. Must be a use case, but I can't imagine what it would be

2 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Path = same as "binary" but without the file name at end ... I have always though that the "start in" param was stupid. The OS/app should always know it is same string without file or params ... unless it's not. Never encountered otherwise and seems to not make any sense. Must be a use case, but I can't imagine what it would be

Oh ok so I did that but it's still doing the same thing. Is there something I'm missing it's like lodgen doesnt recognize my mod organizer installation exists

Untitled.png

2 minutes ago, SaintLuther said:

Oh ok so I did that but it's still doing the same thing. Is there something I'm missing it's like lodgen doesnt recognize my mod organizer installation exists

Untitled.png

You are invoking the app via MO, right? Also, when you run the app, note that path in DynDOLOD/TexGen itself to be sure it is pointing to same place.

1 minute ago, z929669 said:

You are invoking the app via MO, right? Also, when you run the app, note that path in DynDOLOD/TexGen itself to be sure it is pointing to same place.

Yea im running it through MO but wdym "note that path in DynDOLOD/TexGen itself to be sure it is pointing to same place." sorry if I seem stupid I'm just not the best when it come to stuff like this.

3 minutes ago, SaintLuther said:

Yea im running it through MO but wdym "note that path in DynDOLOD/TexGen itself to be sure it is pointing to same place." sorry if I seem stupid I'm just not the best when it come to stuff like this.

image.png

image.png

No problem!

3 minutes ago, z929669 said:

image.png

image.png

Ahh i see but the FNV lodgen has a different UI it's not like skyrim lodgen where u run texgen then dyndolod it's just dyndolod (p.s. i do check all the boxes just in case u think i dont lol)

Untitled.png

Edited by SaintLuther

Just now, SaintLuther said:

Ahh i see but the FNV lodgen has a different UI it's not like skyrim lodgen where u run texgen then dyndolod it's just dyndolod

I see. I don't run FO games, so wasn't sure. I guess I did know about FNVLODGen vaguely though. You will need to wait for sheson or Google it. @Majorman probably knows. he is curating our FNV guide and knows this stuff well.

7 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I see. I don't run FO games, so wasn't sure. I guess I did know about FNVLODGen vaguely though. You will need to wait for sheson or Google it. @Majorman probably knows. he is curating our FNV guide and knows this stuff well.

Roger that thx for the help tho

If the OS tells a program that a path can not be found, then it means the path or file does not exist or read/write access has been denied.
This might happen because of antivir, trying to write to special windows folders or virtual mod folders etc. Always use a dedicated output folder.

Unpack the program into a dedicated folder as well. Do not run from the download folder...

if there is no options file, then the log will print a line so users know where to put it in case they require to add custom settings.

From the first post of the xLODGen thread:
Rename xLODGen.exe to [game mode]LODGen.exe (TES5LODGen.exe for example) or start with command line parameter -fnv, -fo3, -fo4, -fo4vr, -tes5, tes5vr, -sse, -enderal, -enderalse

Obviously use latest xLODGen terrain LOD beta version.

Rule of thumb: do not install games or mods in the directory where Windows is (usually C:\). It can cause a lot of access rights issues. Move FNVLodGen to another directory and run it as an administrator. Also move your output folder (the argument starting as - o) to another hard drive/partition. 

Another issue might be the lack of LodGen reaorces. You require FNVLODGen resources at least and the esp file has to be activated. 

28 minutes ago, Majorman said:

Rule of thumb: do not install games or mods in the directory where Windows is (usually C:\). It can cause a lot of access rights issues. Move FNVLodGen to another directory and run it as an administrator. Also move your output folder (the argument starting as - o) to another hard drive/partition. 

Another issue might be the lack of LodGen reaorces. You require FNVLODGen resources at least and the esp file has to be activated. 

Actually, C:\ is fine. It's certain other locations under C:\ that are under UAC control: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:System_Setup_Guide#Modding_Folder