A few issues I ran into installing the LE 3.0 guide

Dave0523

I installed most of the new LE 3.0 guide today, and found a few issues with the guide...

Step 1 - Tool Installation only lists TES5Edit.

02-Extenders - SKSE - The instructions on creating the skse.ini file is missing the graphic and the video.

04-Foundation - DynDOLOD - The instructions say to install the SE resources file, instead of LE.

04-Foundation - SRO - The instructions say to install SRO 1.7 update instead of SRO 1.8 update.

06-Models & Textures - Armor Mesh Fixes - links to https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39704, should be https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/99044.

06-Models & Textures - FALMER - does not specify a baseline.

06-Models & Textures - RUSTIC DRAGONS - does not specify a baseline.

08-Character Appearance - FAR-Forgotten Argonian Roots - I don't know if it was just me, or my version of MO2 (version 2.3.2 from LE Nexus site), but dragging and dropping the 4 different texture folders into the data folder resulted in each folder overwriting the last instead of merging them together.  I ended up extracting the archive, merging the texture folders together in File Explorer, and making a new archive, which I then installed.

14-Gameplay - Quests - Even Better Quest Objectives FOMOD instructions says to select nothing under Compatible Mods; however, several mods that are already installed already have their patches selected.  Are we to unselect there mods?  I'm assuming yes, and also assuming that Step Skyrim LE Conflict Resolution Patch has those patches included, but you know what they say about assuming...

16-Interface - Smaller Vanilla Cursors - does not have FOMOD instructions.

18-Lighting & Weather - Vivid Weathers - does not have FOMOD instruction.

Edit: 20-Patches - Step Skyrim LE Lighting and Weather Patch reported a missing master.  It was looking for "Step Skyrim LE - CR Patch.esp", but Step Skyrim LE Conflict Resolution Patch installed "Step SkyrimLE - CR Patch.esp" (no space between Skyrim & LE).

xLODGen - Terrain Generation - Setting graphics are missing.

That's all that I can recall off the top of my head.

--Dave

Edited by Dave0523

18 hours ago, Dave0523 said:

Step 1 - Tool Installation only lists TES5Edit.

02-Extenders - SKSE - The instructions on creating the skse.ini file is missing the graphic and the video.

04-Foundation - DynDOLOD - The instructions say to install the SE resources file, instead of LE.

04-Foundation - SRO - The instructions say to install SRO 1.7 update instead of SRO 1.8 update.

06-Models & Textures - Armor Mesh Fixes - links to https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39704, should be https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/99044.

06-Models & Textures - FALMER - does not specify a baseline.

06-Models & Textures - RUSTIC DRAGONS - does not specify a baseline.

16-Interface - Smaller Vanilla Cursors - does not have FOMOD instructions.

18-Lighting & Weather - Vivid Weathers - does not have FOMOD instruction.

Edit: 20-Patches - Step Skyrim LE Lighting and Weather Patch reported a missing master.  It was looking for "Step Skyrim LE - CR Patch.esp", but Step Skyrim LE Conflict Resolution Patch installed "Step SkyrimLE - CR Patch.esp" (no space between Skyrim & LE).

xLODGen - Terrain Generation - Setting graphics are missing.

Fixed! Thanks for the reports! Call out to Smaller Vanilla Cursors is that it's user preference which options to install. I've added a short note stating that.

08-Character Appearance - FAR-Forgotten Argonian Roots - I don't know if it was just me, or my version of MO2 (version 2.3.2 from LE Nexus site), but dragging and dropping the 4 different texture folders into the data folder resulted in each folder overwriting the last instead of merging them together.  I ended up extracting the archive, merging the texture folders together in File Explorer, and making a new archive, which I then installed.

Wow...I had never noticed that! Thanks for pointing this out! I've updated the instructions for a proper installation. 

14-Gameplay - Quests - Even Better Quest Objectives FOMOD instructions says to select nothing under Compatible Mods; however, several mods that are already installed already have their patches selected.  Are we to unselect there mods?  I'm assuming yes, and also assuming that Step Skyrim LE Conflict Resolution Patch has those patches included, but you know what they say about assuming...

You're correct. Simply unselect everything that is auto-selected within those two sections.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I just wanted to check in with one of the issue brought up in the original post.

I am following the SkyrimLE3.0.0 page and ran in to an issue with xLODGen at the end. The guide tells me to "Ensure only the Terrain LOD is ticked in the right pane" but I only see options for Tree and Object LOD. There is no option for me to tick "Terrain LOD".  

I don't know if this is the same issue that the original poster had when they said "xLODGen - Terrain Generation - Setting graphics are missing.", or if it's a uique issue for myself.

Since the guide told me to only check "Terrain LOD", I didn't check anything else and naturally, there was no output when I generated. As of now, I have moved on without doing this step, but just wanted to ask if there is anything I can do address this.

I downloaded xLODGen according to the link provided in the STEP page which is version 3.2.1.

2 hours ago, d-dayer said:

Hello, I just wanted to check in with one of the issue brought up in the original post.

I am following the SkyrimLE3.0.0 page and ran in to an issue with xLODGen at the end. The guide tells me to "Ensure only the Terrain LOD is ticked in the right pane" but I only see options for Tree and Object LOD. There is no option for me to tick "Terrain LOD".  

I don't know if this is the same issue that the original poster had when they said "xLODGen - Terrain Generation - Setting graphics are missing.", or if it's a uique issue for myself.

Since the guide told me to only check "Terrain LOD", I didn't check anything else and naturally, there was no output when I generated. As of now, I have moved on without doing this step, but just wanted to ask if there is anything I can do address this.

I downloaded xLODGen according to the link provided in the STEP page which is version 3.2.1.

I haven't used the latest LODGen stuff from sheson, but the OP currently points to:

image.png

... not sure if this is why the Terrain LOD option is missing:

image.png

@TechAngel85 will need to confirm, as I have not installed LE at all for a while much less according to the guide

The same may be the case for the Occlusion check box. Could all be due to updated LODGen software, but IDK.

EDIT: I just checked the version in sheson's OP, and it's 4.1.3.1, which is the same version it's been for a long time, so not sure what is happening. You should revisit the guide under Tool Setup and STEP 5 ... you may have missed something. You will need to be more specific about how/where you found:

2 hours ago, d-dayer said: