Lods in EVT do not look like the billboard

Illuminate

Question

Hi Im new here and was wondering after installing DynDOLOD and EVT and its corresponding billboard, the lods do not look like the trees upclose.

So I read the manual and also in the nexus page document, I checked the dyndolod output and it was using the EVT billboard and also looked at all the dds and they were also using the EVT. However ingame the lods look like they were blurry and it wasnt a crisp 4k. I tried to save the tamrieltreelod without mipmap but the problem still persisted, for the fun of it I also made it uncompressed but that made me have an infinite loading screen after going outside even after doing the skse.ini fix.

I can show the screenshots after I finished work.

Edited by Illuminate

The link shows 2 images of billboards. They seem to be taken from the tree LOD atlas. 

One is named Billboard texture of Image 2 and the other for Image 3. How can there be a different  billboard for the full model tree and then for its LOD?

Instead, look up the source billboard dds for the base record of the tree in the textures/terrain/lodgen folder.

Post the reference form ID.

Edited by sheson

Could you please explain what is out of sync better? To me, everything looks correct. You've installed SFO v4 from the Alternative Trees files. The loaded and LOD TreePine match that. Vurt never converted these textures to the snowy pines, therefore, your light snowy pines are also correct (there is no match for SFO v4). Then you have SFO Snowy Pines installed from the same file. That seems to match your LOD for the TreePineSnow. ...so everything looks to be in order, unless you're wanting 3D trees.

The link shows 2 images of billboards. They seem to be taken from the tree LOD atlas. 

One is named Billboard texture of Image 2 and the other for Image 3. How can there be a different  billboard for the full model tree and then for its LOD?

Instead, look up the source billboard dds for the base record of the tree in the textures/terrain/lodgen folder.

Post the reference form ID.

Is the source billboard dds the dds with a single tree? Where should I find the folder on the dyndolod output or?

Billboard textures are a LOD resource that are used by DynDOLOD to generate the tree LOD atlas.

The DynDOLOD log prints a list of the used billboard file paths.

They can be found in the load order, typically added as separate mods or included with the tree mods. 

You were asked to check their overwrite order is correct in the first few posts. 

Use MO2 right window data tab to find loose files. It will also show which mod supplies each file.

Could you please explain what is out of sync better? To me, everything looks correct. You've installed SFO v4 from the Alternative Trees files. The loaded and LOD TreePine match that. Vurt never converted these textures to the snowy pines, therefore, your light snowy pines are also correct (there is no match for SFO v4). Then you have SFO Snowy Pines installed from the same file. That seems to match your LOD for the TreePineSnow. ...so everything looks to be in order, unless you're wanting 3D trees.

Nah I was just asking if they look like that, because the billboards look very high detailed compared to ingame

Edited by Illuminate

Nah I was just asking if they look like that, because the billboards look very high detailed compared to ingame

Billboards usually are higher detail than in-game LODs. Your billboard could be 4K and very detailed, but your LODs will come out looking about the same. If you higher detail, 3D trees are your only option unless Sheson knows some tricks I don't to get more detail to come from the billboard to the in-game LOD.

First post says "the lods do not look like the trees upclose". To me that means the used billboards for generating the tree LOD texture atlas do not match the full models.

Until an image of the used billboard texture is posted and properly compared to the full model and to its LOD in game I have no idea what the problem is supposed to be or what to do about it.

Edited by sheson

First post says "the lods do not look like the trees upclose". To me that means the used billboards for generating the tree LOD texture atlas do not match the full models.

Until an image of the used billboard texture is posted and properly compared to the full model and to its LOD in game I have no idea what the problem is supposed to be or what to do about it.

Yeah, that's why I chimed in. I didn't see anything wrong with the images and knew immediately what he had installed from EVT (want to take that mod over? ::D: LOL! ...I'm not kidding...  ::|: ). That's why I asked. Seems he's just wanting higher detailed LOD.