Help Needed: hybrid trees and distant structure pop in.

ex0_tekk

Question

hey there :) I play Skyrim VR and I've been working on teaching myself LODGen, Texgen and DynDOLOD, ive been fixing (or at the very least mitigating issues) regarding these great mod tools without the need for posting anywhere online for help, STEP guides and YouTube are fantastic, but now is the time to ask a few questions.

I love the MCM DynDOLOD settings and features, but is there a hidden .ini setting where you can change those large numbers on the fly? because with VR sitting there scrolling to the right takes a very very long time, it's not practical for testing DynDOLOD tree distance settings within the game, I have hybrid trees enabled because I could not for the life of me get trees to stop popping in and out from the distance with static or animated trees with any amount of tweaks in MCM or any ini files, I would load up my new game and trees off in the distance would show very quickly and then disappear in the distance and I would keep getting this pop-in tree effect as I moved around the map, incredibly frustrating, so I figured out Hybrid settings and now seems to work really nice and I can finally see trees far off in the distance and they don't disappear randomly off and on, but now I'm having Dragonsreach issues with missing textures in the distance and not showing up until I walk very close to Whiterun, I have to be at the walls to see the Dragonsreach roof fade in, but then it disappears again when I walk away.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any recommended settings for hybrid trees, animated or static? and what .ini settings are used so everything looks full and lush? I'm SO close to being ready to play this game with 214 mods installed, i was so happy and shocked to see my map was covered in trees too!,  I just need to figure out these 2 minor issues. (a good hybrid tree distance setting and not having structures pop in and out.) I have a very high end PC but I prefer static and hybrid trees for added performance with so many mods.

Sorry for the long winded 1st post.

Thanks for any help on this.

Edited by ex0_tekk

7 answers to this question

Well it seems i have figured out the link between the ini file in my Bilago ini tweak software and the MCM DynDOLOD settings, so that's good, but im still unsure of a good hybrid / static tree setting to show all trees at all times, also, Dragonsreach has re-appeared, lol.

fblocklevel0distance = ?

fblocklevel1distance = ?

fblockmaximumdistance = ?

fsplitdistancemult = ?

ftreeloaddistance = ?

any suggestions would be great, thanks. :)

Edited by ex0_tekk

even with Skyrim VR? , i thought i read somewhere it didn't support VR?

and if so, i can just use Bethini through MO2?

i've noticed changing my INI settings in my Bilago program through MO2 has had no effect on MCM or Dyndolod in general. :(

Edited by ex0_tekk

even with Skyrim VR? , i thought i read somewhere it didn't support VR?

and if so, i can just use Bethini through MO2?

i've noticed changing my INI settings in my Bilago program through MO2 has had no effect on MCM or Dyndolod in general. :(

Well, guess BethINI doesn't support VR because DoubleYou/Vuud doesn't have the VR version for dumping the INIs and testing. I would think those settings would still match the normal game's settings, but I could be wrong.

I don't have the VR version and I don't know what all is different. They probably are largely the same, but I wouldn't run BethINI on it, as it probably would blow up.

However, what you could do is go inside the presets folder of BethINI and take some of the values I have in there for the settings you want. For instance, BethINI High preset setting for the settings you questioned are as follows:

[TerrainManager]
fBlockLevel0Distance=46443
fBlockLevel1Distance=69665
fBlockMaximumDistance=92887
fSplitDistanceMult=1.0890
fTreeLoadDistance=46443