Error loading plugin list: EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found

Rooker

Question

I ran DynDOLOD several months ago when I had Skyrim installed on a standalone SSD for games (F:). Everything worked fine the first time I did this. I've now installed a much larger SSD, moved Windows and moved my games to it. So Skyrim is installed to C: now (at C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim). I'm trying to update DynDOLOD because I changed one of the mods DynDOLOD.esp made a master, but texgen and dyndolod both keep trying to read from the old file path for Skyrim and I can't find where it's saving this old information to change or delete it. DynDOLOD_settings.ini doesn't have any file paths listed in it.

It shows me this and stops.

[00:00:00.086]    TexGen based on xEdit x64 (2DFE4407) starting session 2019-01-07 01:03:22
[00:00:00.091]    Using Skyrim Data Path: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\
[00:00:00.095]    Using Backup Path: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\TES5Edit Backups\
[00:00:00.098]    Using Cache Path: C:\Users\Rooker\Desktop\Skyrim Folder\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\
[00:00:00.101]    Using ini: C:\Users\Rooker\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.107]    Using save path: C:\Users\Rooker\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves\
[00:00:00.112]    Using plugin list: C:\Users\Rooker\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.117]    Using settings file: C:\Users\Rooker\AppData\Local\Skyrim\DynDOLOD_settings.ini
[00:00:00.122]    Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\Rooker\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.137]    Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

14:46:42.431 <8688:24872> [D] hook_GetFileAttributesW [lpFileName=C:\Users\markc\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt] [reroute.fileName()=E:\Profiles\Default\plugins.txt] [res=20] [originalError=0] [fixedError=0]

We can see the redirect is working and there doesn't seem to be an error.

That leaves starting the games launcher once to update path information or xLODGen being blocked access by UAC or antivir etc.

Game Launcher!  That was it!

THANK YOU!!

Hi. I have problem with xLODGen (never had before) and have tried the solutions mentioned in this thread. Any other ideas?

Log:

Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: Drive:\Modding\Tools\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output\
Using Scripts Path: D:\Modding\Tools\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\
Using ini: C:\Users\hgmpo\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
Using custom ini: C:\Users\hgmpo\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimCustom.ini
Using save path: C:\Users\hgmpo\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\__MO_Saves\
Using plugin list: C:\Users\hgmpo\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
Using settings file: C:\Users\hgmpo\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.sseviewsettings
Using language: English
Using general string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
Using translatable string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
Using VMAD string encoding: 65001 (UTF-8)
Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\hgmpo\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

Sry, solved...

Edited by Mercury71

At one point, I had SSE on both my C drive and D drive, but now I only have it on my D drive. DynDOLOD is also on my D drive, as the D drive is where I want my main SSE install to be. However, everytime I run TexGen or DynDOLOD, it looks in the C drive, where SSE no longer exists, and comes up empty.

The exact error is:
Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\]>

I watched the GamerPoets video, I added the -sse to "Arguments", and re-ran the Skyrim SE launcher through Steam.

I have tried changing the "Start In" argument in MO2 to:
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
and D:\DynDOLOD (DynDOLOD is in my D drive, outside of Steam.)
and none of these have helped DynDOLOD find my actual Skyrim install.

It works if I run it from the C drive's directory, (when the c drive copy is installed) but if I were to use that copy, none of the modded textures would be generated.
I need to be able to get DynDOLOD to search for my SSE\Data folder that exists on my D drive, and stop looking for the one that no longer exists on my C drive. 

I installed Resources, Scripts, and DLL with MO2, as well as launching from MO2.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Here is the link to my DynDOLOD/TexGen debug log: https://pastebin.com/hBs6Fcjs

4 hours ago, BankSecurity said:

At one point, I had SSE on both my C drive and D drive, but now I only have it on my D drive. DynDOLOD is also on my D drive, as the D drive is where I want my main SSE install to be. However, everytime I run TexGen or DynDOLOD, it looks in the C drive, where SSE no longer exists, and comes up empty.

The exact error is:
Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\]>

I watched the GamerPoets video, I added the -sse to "Arguments", and re-ran the Skyrim SE launcher through Steam.

I have tried changing the "Start In" argument in MO2 to:
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data
D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
and D:\DynDOLOD (DynDOLOD is in my D drive, outside of Steam.)
and none of these have helped DynDOLOD find my actual Skyrim install.

It works if I run it from the C drive's directory, (when the c drive copy is installed) but if I were to use that copy, none of the modded textures would be generated.
I need to be able to get DynDOLOD to search for my SSE\Data folder that exists on my D drive, and stop looking for the one that no longer exists on my C drive. 

I installed Resources, Scripts, and DLL with MO2, as well as launching from MO2.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Here is the link to my DynDOLOD/TexGen debug log: https://pastebin.com/hBs6Fcjs

Moved the post to a thread with similar question. Use forum search. Answer is still the same.

https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use the game launcher to set the current location of the game in the Windows Registry. See Windows Registry Key for more.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Windows-Registry-Key explains how to update path information stored in the Windows Registry.

So, when I was trying to install Dyndolod, it all installed and all, however when I tried running TexGen... it didn't quite go so well.

I got this message when trying to run it... turns out I try to go find that file... well it does not exist on my computer.

TexGenx64_Oq3wLeTPS4.png

On 1/13/2023 at 12:44 AM, Yamamoto said:

So, when I was trying to install Dyndolod, it all installed and all, however when I tried running TexGen... it didn't quite go so well.

I got this message when trying to run it... turns out I try to go find that file... well it does not exist on my computer.

TexGenx64_Oq3wLeTPS4.png

When making posts, upload the entire log as text. Do not post screenshots of text, post the text instead. See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum

The message says that a directory does not exist. The directory this refers to is typically the data path that is found via the Windows registry key for the game. The found data path is listed earlier in the log. See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Windows-Registry-Key

Use a legal game version. Could also be a permission problem because of the OS, antivir etc.

Hi All,

I have been trying to get Dyndolod working on a vanilla build of SKSE from GOG, using Vortex and can not get any tools to run despite following all troubleshooting advice. Any help would be appreciated.

Focusing on TexGen, I have used the command args to point to the correct directory. This does not seem to work for the data or the plugin list, although by entering the data arg it allows the program to launch. FYI I have tried with "" around the directories also.

Command Args:

-SSE   -D:C:\GOG\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data\  -P:C:\Users\*MyName*\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\

TexGen Log:

[00:00:00.039]    TexGen based on xEdit x64 (5E5F5B6B) starting session 2023-03-21 13:23:29
[00:00:00.041]    Game Mode: SSE
[00:00:00.044]    Game Name: Skyrim Special Edition
[00:00:00.046]    Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\GOG\Skyrim\
[00:00:00.048]    Using Backup Path: C:\GOG\Skyrim\SSEEdit Backups\
[00:00:00.050]    Using Scripts Path: C:\Users\*MyName*\Desktop\SKSE MODS\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\
[00:00:00.052]    Using Cache Path: C:\Users\*MyName*\Desktop\SKSE MODS\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\
[00:00:00.055]    Using Temp Path: C:\Users\*MyName*\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\
[00:00:00.057]    Using ini: C:\Users\*MyName*\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.059]    Using save path: C:\Users\*MyName*\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\
[00:00:00.062]    Using plugin list: C:\Users\*MyName*\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.066]    Using settings file: C:\Users\*MyName*\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_settings.ini
[00:00:00.068]    Using language: English
[00:00:00.072]    Using general string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
[00:00:00.075]    Using translatable string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
[00:00:00.142]    Using VMAD string encoding: 65001 (UTF-8)
[00:00:00.145]    Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\*MyName*\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.151]    Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

Notice that the plugin directory is not pointing to the same one in the command argument (GOG).
Also, I have moved the plugins.txt file to the directory that it is using and it still gives the same error.
One other thing I noticed is that the log capitalizes the P in Plugins.txt, whereas the plugins.txt file generated by Vortex does not. Manually changing this made no difference.

Any ideas?

Edited by A_La_Derp
wrong info

On 3/21/2023 at 3:23 AM, A_La_Derp said:

Hi All,

I have been trying to get Dyndolod working on a vanilla build of SKSE from GOG, using Vortex and can not get any tools to run despite following all troubleshooting advice. Any help would be appreciated.

Focusing on TexGen, I have used the command args to point to the correct directory. This does not seem to work for the data or the plugin list, although by entering the data arg it allows the program to launch. FYI I have tried with "" around the directories also.

Command Args:

-SSE   -D:C:\GOG\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data\  -P:C:\Users\*MyName*\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\

TexGen Log:

[00:00:00.039]    TexGen based on xEdit x64 (5E5F5B6B) starting session 2023-03-21 13:23:29
[00:00:00.041]    Game Mode: SSE
[00:00:00.044]    Game Name: Skyrim Special Edition
[00:00:00.046]    Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\GOG\Skyrim\
[00:00:00.048]    Using Backup Path: C:\GOG\Skyrim\SSEEdit Backups\
[00:00:00.050]    Using Scripts Path: C:\Users\*MyName*\Desktop\SKSE MODS\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\
[00:00:00.052]    Using Cache Path: C:\Users\*MyName*\Desktop\SKSE MODS\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\
[00:00:00.055]    Using Temp Path: C:\Users\*MyName*\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\
[00:00:00.057]    Using ini: C:\Users\*MyName*\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.059]    Using save path: C:\Users\*MyName*\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Saves\
[00:00:00.062]    Using plugin list: C:\Users\*MyName*\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.066]    Using settings file: C:\Users\*MyName*\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_settings.ini
[00:00:00.068]    Using language: English
[00:00:00.072]    Using general string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
[00:00:00.075]    Using translatable string encoding: 1252  (ANSI - Latin I)
[00:00:00.142]    Using VMAD string encoding: 65001 (UTF-8)
[00:00:00.145]    Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\*MyName*\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.151]    Fatal: Error loading plugin list: <EDirectoryNotFoundException: The specified path was not found>

Notice that the plugin directory is not pointing to the same one in the command argument (GOG).
Also, I have moved the plugins.txt file to the directory that it is using and it still gives the same error.
One other thing I noticed is that the log capitalizes the P in Plugins.txt, whereas the plugins.txt file generated by Vortex does not. Manually changing this made no difference.

Any ideas?

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read this https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOG carefully.

Always enclose entire paths with double quotes. This is required when they contain spaces.

You can see from the log the data path is truncated Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\GOG\Skyrim\
That is the path the plugins listed in plugins.txt can not be found in.

The -p command line argument is a path to a file and not to a folder. Include the plugins.txt filename.
Also use the -m command line argument to point to the INI folder.

DOS/Windows file systems are not case sensitive.

On 3/21/2023 at 1:03 PM, sheson said:

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read this https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOG carefully.

Always enclose entire paths with double quotes. This is required when they contain spaces.

You can see from the log the data path is truncated Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\GOG\Skyrim\
That is the path the plugins listed in plugins.txt can not be found in.

The -p command line argument is a path to a file and not to a folder. Include the plugins.txt filename.
Also use the -m command line argument to point to the INI folder.

DOS/Windows file systems are not case sensitive.

I don't understand why the data path is where it is looking for plugins.txt if I am specifying a path to the file with -p?

I have added quotations and the -m argument and the logs still aren't representative of the paths specified.

When I added quotation marks, some paths in the log have \ before the drive letter.

-SSE   -d:"C:\GOG\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data\"  -p:"C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt"  -m:"C:\Users\Michael\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\"

I think there is something very basic I am missing here.

texgen_SSE_log.txt

3 hours ago, A_La_Derp said:

I don't understand why the data path is where it is looking for plugins.txt if I am specifying a path to the file with -p?

I have added quotations and the -m argument and the logs still aren't representative of the paths specified.

When I added quotation marks, some paths in the log have \ before the drive letter.

-SSE   -d:"C:\GOG\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data\"  -p:"C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt"  -m:"C:\Users\Michael\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\"

texgen_SSE_log.txt 1.42 kB · 1 download

If you have assets required in your desktop path, remember that Windows has at least two shortcut links to this path (and anything under %USERPROFILE%) for backward compatibility with legacy apps. It's never a good idea to run programs from %USERPROFILE% paths or that need resources from this path. This is probably why Dyndolod is returning \C:\

Change the location of everything to a path on your C:\ drive like C:\Games or C:\Modding rather than C:\Users\. This path is also under UAC 'protection'

All your problems will likely go away then.

On 3/22/2023 at 12:48 AM, A_La_Derp said:

texgen_SSE_log.txt 1.42 kB · 2 downloads

What I wrote is that the non existing data path is where the plugins listed in plugins.txt can not be found in.

The log you uploaded still shows the truncated data path and the standard paths for the INI and plugins.txt:
Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: \C:\GOG\Skyrim\
Using ini: C:\Users\Michael\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini

Using plugin list: C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt

Note that the log also shows the data path to start with \c:\... and not c:\... hence the The path format is not supported
This extra \ in front can not happen if the actual -d command is -d:"C:\GOG\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data\"
if the first -d command line is already mangled, the subsequent -p and -m command lines are then not discovered properly.

Either the command line arguments are not set correctly or not passed correctly to the tools.

DynDOLOD is a modified xEdit. Did you not have similar problems when setting up xEdit?

https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\.

On 4/12/2023 at 9:02 PM, m0ntewyn said:

wtf?

Снимок экрана 2023-04-13 010634.png

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts.
Do not post screenshots of text/log. Post the text/logs instead. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Copy-and-Paste-Text
Search the forum to find similar posts as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Use-Search
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q="Error loading plugin list"&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=223

Error loading plugin list. The specified path was not found.
[D:\Skyrim\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim - Special Edition\Data\]

The log messages already explains what the problem is: the data path does not seem to exist, so the plugins can not be loaded. This is an error message from the xEdit loader. See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Windows-Registry-Key

Use a legal game version.
Could also be a permission problem because of the OS, antivir etc.