xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 114 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

15 hours ago, sheson said:

Toggle all LOD off/on with tll in console. Whatever remains is not LOD., if it went away it was LOD.

xLODGen generates LOD meshes and textures. The engine decide how to load and display them. Meshes and textures do not change how the engine works.
The settings seem typical and changing them is unlikely to change whatever the issue is.

There are no serious problems that stick out in the LOD generation. There is that - unrelated - overriden record reported by the background load that warrants being looked at.

I was generating LOD files directly into game folder, I've tried generate them into a separated folder, make a zip file out of them, adding them as mod through mod manager and now it works - no graphical issues. I don't really understand why but as long as it works.. Thank you for the advice :)

17 hours ago, macejko said:

I was generating LOD files directly into game folder, I've tried generate them into a separated folder, make a zip file out of them, adding them as mod through mod manager and now it works - no graphical issues. I don't really understand why but as long as it works.. Thank you for the advice :)

The FNVLODGen_log.txt you provided, shows output being generated to  c:\fnvlodgenoutput\ and not the game folder?

Always set a dedicated output folder with the -o command line as explained in the first post and the readme included in the download archive.

Hello,

I'm running SSE 1.6.640.0 using xLODGen Beta 114, DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 173, DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 Alpha-50, and DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-30, and I'm using MO2 2.5.0.

I'm getting an Event 1023 .Net Runtime; A .NET application failed

I'm running Windows 10 Home 22H2, with only the default .Net 4.8 installed, here are screen shots for these;

d2ZcCrv.jpg

d2Zcx7p.jpg

Here are my M02 settings for xLODGen;

d2ZcuIt.jpg

Here is the Windows log Event 1023 .Net Runtime after running xLODGen;

d2Zc0Yl.jpg

THANKS

Edited by mooit

7 hours ago, mooit said:

Hello,

I'm running SSE 1.6.640.0 using xLODGen Beta 114, DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 173, DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 Alpha-50, and DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-30, and I'm using MO2 2.5.0.

I'm getting an Event 1023 .Net Runtime; A .NET application failed

I'm running Windows 10 Home 22H2, with only the default .Net 4.8 installed, here are screen shots for these;

d2ZcCrv.jpg

d2Zcx7p.jpg

Here are my M02 settings for xLODGen;

d2ZcuIt.jpg

Here is the Windows log Event 1023 .Net Runtime after running xLODGen;

d2Zc0Yl.jpg

THANKS

No xLODGen_log.txt was provided. Do not post screenshots of text. Copy and paste the text when possible instead

The xLODGen archive does not contain LODGenx64Win.exe.
xLODGen does not use the .Net versions of LODGen.
xLODGen does not use any files in DynDOLOD directories.

.NET Framework and .NET are different things. I suggest to read and believe messages from the OS or programs.

59 minutes ago, sheson said:

No xLODGen_log.txt was provided. Do not post screenshots of text. Copy and paste the text when possible instead

The xLODGen archive does not contain LODGenx64Win.exe.
xLODGen does not use the .Net versions of LODGen.
xLODGen does not use any files in DynDOLOD directories.

.NET Framework and .NET are different things. I suggest to read and believe messages from the OS or programs.

Hello sheson,

Sorry about posting the images...

My mistake over xLODGen and LODGenx64Win.exe

I never said anything before about .NET vs .NET Framework, I know they are different.

I thought I read somewhere that LODGenx64Win.exe works with .NET 4.8 installed? Or do I need to install the latest .NET Runtime for LODGenx64Win.exe?

THANKS

23 minutes ago, mooit said:

Hello sheson,

Sorry about posting the images...

My mistake over xLODGen and LODGenx64Win.exe

I never said anything before about .NET vs .NET Framework, I know they are different.

I thought I read somewhere that LODGenx64Win.exe works with .NET 4.8 installed? Or do I need to install the latest .NET Runtime for LODGenx64Win.exe?

THANKS

This is the xLODGen terrain LOD beta thread. It does ship with and does use LODGenWin.exe or LODGenx64Win.exe.

The requirements of DynDOLOD and the different LODGen versions are explained on the DynDOLOD website. For example at https://dyndolod.info/Downloads#Additional-Requirements and https://dyndolod.info/Help/LODGen

The question if .Net is required for LODGenx64Win.exe is already answered by the Windows message.

• Like 1