Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

One thing I plan on trying is letting sro win landscape and noble win architecture

You bet that works for me. Since LE I've been using my own Noble pack where I optimized and added all the separate packs except landscape. I was actually going with optimized textures plus noble for architecture, then added SRO with the pleasant surprise that the extra 10GB of texture material didn't hurt performance one bit. Really seems like a solid piece of work. In LE I used gamwich's for landscape, noble for architecture. Now Luxor's HD got me thinking. Many textures are really good and add not just detail, but interesting detail. I can really go with it if I have to, but then I do find it gains from weeding out a bit. Fortunately, so far nothing more complicated than hiding a few an letting the next mod win, be it Noble or SRO.

• +1 1

Baubledorst took a look at the Helgen reborn ICH patch you suggested it only 2 records so I will forward those into my next CR update.

Could it be that we install both those patches (and any that will eventually surface) and add an ICH merge, changing the merged plugin name to the same as the original ICH to maintain compatibility? Seems like a flexible alternative IF we confirm that the merge doesn't renumber the records - noting that, if they're mostly overrides, it's very likely that it doesn't.

Nice yeah I have I hard time hear her too so going to plonk it in.

Great news, that my favourite 3dNPC char... At least when I think my char needs some ego-pumping! Really well done follower, great story, great dialogue, great voicing! If there's a mod that improves the sound while keeping the voice acting, I raise my... flagon of mead!!

~Wyrmstooth not included due to...well you know what I mean~

LOL I don't... I mean I do! Include Wyrmstooth, that is. Don't know what you mean ;)

I do agree on focusing any additions on the missing content from the museum and/or mods that have synergy with the ones that are already in, especially if they can be merged and don't involve too much CR.

Edited by godescalcus

LOL I don't... I mean I do! Include Wyrmstooth, that is. Don't know what you mean ;)

I do agree on focusing any additions on the missing content from the museum and/or mods that have synergy with the ones that are already in, especially if they can be merged and don't involve too much CR.

Speaking of which, does the new version of Wyrmstooth make additions to the crafting system? I remember the LE version adding ore/ingots to my levelled lists, brimstone & something else maybe?

Edited by redirishlord

Can't say that I've had much experience with SRO, but that Riften example with the leaf coverage + the roofs both looked pretty nice.  I would certainly be interested in + appreciative of if folks decided to go campaigning on the hunt for the most copacetic meeting of the mods for these texture packs.  That eternal pie in the sky Skyrim goal of 'mod it to where everything is close to perfect and then just dive headlong into it for the foreseeable future' is ever the thing.

Self-idiot re-check: Even if theoretically keeping the original merge order the same or whatnot, rebuilding the weapon and armor merge file mid-playthrough to add new additions to the pack is going to cast everything off and re-assign REFIDs all over the place, lead to vanishing gear, etc., right?

Edited by Baubledorst

Can't say that I've had much experience with SRO, but that Riften example with the leaf coverage + the roofs both looked pretty nice.  I would certainly be interested in + appreciative of if folks decided to go campaigning on the hunt for the most copacetic meeting of the mods for these texture packs.  That eternal pie in the sky Skyrim goal of 'mod it to where everything is close to perfect and then just dive headlong into it for the foreseeable future' is ever the thing.

That's where I think Lexy's right about it being impossible to please everyone with one definitive texture pack. So, the guide's approach is actually very "empowering" of the user for making it possible to tweak things very easily. We install packs that overwrite packs that overwrite packs. While it does take up drive space, if that's not a limiting factor, you can then easily tweak things by hiding/unhiding texture files. An example with the wooden beams in Solitude, mentioned before.

Here is a sequence where the first image shows Solitude HD, in the second I "hid" six texture files from Solitude HD (swoodbeam*.dds, swoodcollumn*.dds) and thus have Noble Skyrim's textures, while in the third I also hid the same textures in Noble and end up with SRO's textures.

u3hSTKU.pngSk51A9g.png9JdYEqr.png

While I tend to agree with what Xeraphim1 said before, that Noble textures seem sometimes too "good" (like the farmhouse textures), in the case of the city of Solitude I'd say Noble's go best with the capital city of Skyrim. Luxor's are too rough and coupled with the rough plaster on the walls, make Solitude look even more decrepit than Bravil, if you know what I mean. Replacing only the Luxor's wooden beams (swoodbeam*.dds, swoodcollumn*.dds) with Noble's makes a huge difference and the better wood still blends nicely with Luxor's plaster and stone wall textures. SRO's wodden frame looks strangely washed out in this case, so in my build I think I'll go with Noble for these.

By the way, the city wall in the background is indeed SRO which, in that case, I think beats both Noble and Solitude HD (both alternatives).

Edit: If you want to play around with SRO, I suggest adding right at the top of the left pane. SRO covers a lot of stuff like clutter, architecture, landscape, dungeons, and would overwrite other mods if placed further down.

Edited by godescalcus

... If you want to play around with SRO, I suggest adding right at the top of the left pane. SRO covers a lot of stuff like clutter, architecture, landscape, dungeons, and would overwrite other mods if placed further down.

TechAngel's guide (on STEP) is set up similarly, I used it before Lexy's, I agree SRO is indespensible. I'm constantly mistaking the "SRO look" for vanilla, which is a testament to it's quality & respect for the original, makes sense it was included in STEP for so long. 

So this is my first time messing with any of the LOTD content, so I wandered around the museum, and a question has come up. I note a number of things that, as far as I could tell, I would have to turn in and then steal back in order to display (such as Noster's Helmet and Amren's Familiy Sword). I also noted at least one item you HAVE to turn in to progress the main quest (Dragonstone). How do these work in the context of the game? DO I have to steal those items back, or will they populate automagically? Also, how the HECK do you get the Dragonstone to display if you have to give it up to progress the story?

Edited by Shadriss

So this is my first time messing with any of the LOTD content, so I wandered around the museum, and a question has come up. I note a number of things that, as far as I could tell, I would have to turn in and then steal back in order to display (such as Noster's Helmet and Amren's Familiy Sword). I also noted at least one item you HAVE to turn in to progress the main quest (Dragonstone). How do these work in the context of the game? DO I have to steal those items back, or will they populate automagically? Also, how the HECK do you get the Dragonstone to display if you have to give it up to progress the story?

Replicas.

As MK said. For those items and more, you can make replicas at the Library or at the Safehouse. Take a look at the Curator's book that's placed on a shelf on the right wall at the museum when you walk in. Best intro to LOTD.

Can you believe it - manholes MATTER! Here's a list - pick your poison.

Solitude HD - - - - - - - - - - - Noble Skyrim - - - - - - - - - SRO / Vanilla - - - - - - - - - Manhole of Solitude 2k/2k (LOL just for fun... But I'll keep this one!)

AY6hbFD.pngxudBbH2.pnglS0vUwR.pngIOLfFIx.png

My opinion for all it's worth, regarding the subject of the most and least immersive Manholes: Solitude HD - sucks. Noble - good enough, doesn't blend that well with Solitude HD ground. SRO - worse than Noble and doesn't blend so well either. Solitude Manhole - a winner, for sure LOL

From only guide textures I'd go with Noble again.

Much thanks.

Sorry, dammit - I meant the book that's placed on the shelf on the LEFT wall... LOL

I've been noticing that items that iNeed should be recognizing as food (such as potatoes and leeks) are not being used via hotkey. I press it, I get a no consumables message, check my inventory and there they are. Attempted to assign them to food groups manually via the MCM, no change. Do we have something going on here that would interfere with iNeed somehow?

I'm very occasionally getting a weird, annoying bug--where it won't actually let me proceed with dialogue with a character.  It will get to dialogue options, but clicking / hitting enter / anything on the keyboard won't register the option.  If I save and reload it works, but that's what it takes to jostle it.  Any ideas what the culprit might be / how I could troubleshoot this?