Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

After installing Wrye I have E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Mopy\Wrye Bash.exe

& E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition Mods for the installer functions we don't use.

As for moral support, you know you want to stick with SSE. This guide is a massive project, just use it for inspiration and cherry pick what you want to deal with.

As for the universe slapping you around, that's not going to stop in my experience, grab a guinness and mod tomorrow :-)

Ok, cool. What about the script directories? Did I get that right?

And yeah, I'm about ready to stop for the night. At least once I figure out how I screwed up Wrye Bash so that it can't find SSE any more. I did reinstall it because it was a newer version, but not Loot, so all the settings should be there. It's telling me I need the -o parameter, but I can't seem to pick something it likes. And if I'd done this before, you'd think the setting would still be there... (Although I seem to remember setting the -o parameter for a couple of things, but they aren't there now. Yeah, definitely time I stop and drink heavily.)

And one I just ran into, "The Great Equalizer - Lexy Special Edition." Both it and "MXPF - Mator's xEdit Patching Framework" say to "Download MANUALLY and install into Edit scripts folder in SSEEdit." MXPF had an Edit Scripts directory in the zip, so I installed just the contents of that directory into the Edit Scripts directory in SSEEdit, ignoring the Documentation and ESPs folders. The Great Equalizer doesn't have that directory, so what do I put into the Edit Scripts folder? The first subdirectory containing The Great Equalizer and The Great Equalizer.pas?

I just dump any xEdit scripts that use the extension .pas into the Edits Scripts directory, unless the archive contains a folder that is NOT called Edit Scripts, in which case that folder should normally go into Edit Scripts. Some authors may provide an archive containing an Edit Scripts folder nested inside another folder, I just assume that anything inside that Edit Scritps goes into SSEEdit/Edit Scripts.

I have both SSE and legendary installed. Have you tried Darth's guide for leg? Both guides differ now in a number of mods but the core structure is the same and a lot of mods, too. For my part, I like SSE because you can throw so much more at it. My playing version of this guide is pretty outated (two months old) but solid as a rock. I do have random CTDs that I haven't been able to elimitate, yet (and won't, I'll invest the time on an updated build) but pretty rare compared with what I usually got in legendary. Altogether a very playable build.

That being said, there are a few things I still prefer about the older version, one of them being the much more polished visuals. SSE is getting there fast and has a few perks of its own, but it still isn't the same... Just the fact that there are no ENB weathers makes a lot of things inconsistent.

Also, there's Skyrim Graphics Extender (SKGE) or Skyrim Reloaded that Alenet has announced is coming with version 3.0 soon, I'm looking forward to testing that - only works with legendary.

Edit: Now I'll make myself a mug of tea and go play my outdated SSE :D Gotta haul all the daedric equipment I acquired in Icicle Valley (QQ mod). I wonder what morrowloot would make of that. Luckily, I've already found the Phantasmal Chest!

Edited by godescalcus

... What about the script directories? Did I get that right? ...

... Yeah, definitely time I stop and drink heavily ..

For MXPF - Mator's xEdit Patching Framework, yes that's where I put mine and it's working as expected. The Great Equalizer is one of the things I skipped, so not sure on that.

I haven't given MO2 any arguments for Wrye, just the paths to it's exe & start directory. The bashed patch winds up in MO2's override folder.

And I said "a Guinness", that's singular, but your day/mileage may vary :-) 

I just dump any xEdit scripts that use the extension .pas into the Edits Scripts directory, unless the archive contains a folder that is NOT called Edit Scripts, in which case that folder should normally go into Edit Scripts. Some authors may provide an archive containing an Edit Scripts folder nested inside another folder, I just assume that anything inside that Edit Scritps goes into SSEEdit/Edit Scripts.

I have both SSE and legendary installed. Have you tried Darth's guide for leg?

That being said, there are a few things I still prefer about the older version, one of them being the much more polished visuals. SSE is getting there fast and has a few perks of its own, but it still isn't the same... Just the fact that there are no ENB weathers makes a lot of things inconsistent.

It sounds like I did the one right, there was a .pas and a subdirectory and I put both of those into Edit Scripts.

And no, I haven't tried it. I JUST got a huge upgrade and was really wanting to try SSE. I was looking up the S.T.E.P. guide for it and found this one. And so far, I love it, even with the quirks, even realizing I haven't set up all of the mods because their setup involves powers (or going into a house in Riverwood) instead of the MCM menu. And I may try it without the ENB stuff. I never used one before, and this one just seems to cause weirdness.

For MXPF - Mator's xEdit Patching Framework, yes that's where I put mine and it's working as expected. The Great Equalizer is one of the things I skipped, so not sure on that.

I haven't given MO2 any arguments for Wrye, just the paths to it's exe & start directory. The bashed patch winds up in MO2's override folder.

And I said "a Guinness", that's singular, but your day/mileage may vary :-) 

Well, it seems like my problem was that I somehow deleted the Skyrim .exe files. Yeah, that would do it. Wrye Bash is working right now. Sigh. DEFINITELY quitting for the night. I obviously was never in a condition to start this in the first place.

I have "a" Guinness here, but due to a miscommunication with my husband, I have one left from this 4-pack, and two untouched 4-packs in the fridge. I make no promises.

It sounds like I did the one right, there was a .pas and a subdirectory and I put both of those into Edit Scripts.

And no, I haven't tried it. I JUST got a huge upgrade and was really wanting to try SSE. I was looking up the S.T.E.P. guide for it and found this one. And so far, I love it, even with the quirks, even realizing I haven't set up all of the mods because their setup involves powers (or going into a house in Riverwood) instead of the MCM menu. And I may try it without the ENB stuff. I never used one before, and this one just seems to cause weirdness.

Well, it seems like my problem was that I somehow deleted the Skyrim .exe files. Yeah, that would do it. Wrye Bash is working right now. Sigh. DEFINITELY quitting for the night. I obviously was never in a condition to start this in the first place.

I have "a" Guinness here, but due to a miscommunication with my husband, I have one left from this 4-pack, and two untouched 4-packs in the fridge. I make no promises.

God I love a woman who drinks beer!  Your husband is a lucky man.  My better half used to drink me under the table in our younger years.

Ok, cool. What about the script directories? Did I get that right?

And yeah, I'm about ready to stop for the night. At least once I figure out how I screwed up Wrye Bash so that it can't find SSE any more. I did reinstall it because it was a newer version, but not Loot, so all the settings should be there. It's telling me I need the -o parameter, but I can't seem to pick something it likes. And if I'd done this before, you'd think the setting would still be there... (Although I seem to remember setting the -o parameter for a couple of things, but they aren't there now. Yeah, definitely time I stop and drink heavily.)

If it makes you feel any better, I had literally JUST finished setting up the LE version then I decided to switch to this one. Like two weeks later I said 'hmm, am I crazy? probably. oh well.' I may or may not have just bought a new video card so I can continue the madness in style. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It really does seem much more stable. aside from ENB being an ornery *****.

@OCDCoder I did have naked imperial captains from immerisve patrols when i was using the Bash Patch but ever since i switched to SMASH that stopped I never worked out why thou.

it could also be the conbination of mod you have ontop of the guide some scripting conflict maybe?

heads up guys the lates RWT2 esp have a error:

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [06] RealisticWaterTwo.esp
[00:00] [REFR:0609355F] (places [0608E45C] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of ClearspringTarnExterior01 [CELL:0000BB90] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 32,-14))
[00:00]     REFR \ NAME - Base -> [0608E45C]

I found it when try to redo my RWT2 Merge I have buzz TechAangel so might be best to wait

EdIt: I am informed it is a wild edit so just delete it and you're good to go.

How does TK Dodge and Mortal Enemies fit into this load order?

You are free to add mods to or delete or not use mods from this guide as you choose; However, you are responsible for resolving any conflicts or fixing errors that arise from doing so.  I had both of those in my load order when this guide used AAE, OBIS, and other combat mods, before the switch to SRCEO.  They worked fine then.  I have not tried either since the switch so I can't help you there, but go back to my first sentence and your answer is there.

heads up guys the lates RWT2 esp have a error:

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [06] RealisticWaterTwo.esp

[00:00] [REFR:0609355F] (places [0608E45C] < Error: Could not be resolved > in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of ClearspringTarnExterior01 [CELL:0000BB90] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 32,-14))

[00:00]     REFR \ NAME - Base -> [0608E45C] < Error: Could not be resolved >

I found it when try to redo my RWT2 Merge I have buzz TechAangel so might be best to wait

EdIt: I am informed it is a wild edit so just delete it and you're good to go.

Where is the record found that needs to be deleted in SSEEdit?