Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

zEdit is now at

[spoiler=Alpha Release v0.4.0]
General

Updated several vulnerable packages
Added conflict losers filter
Error messages now include stack information
Fixed clicking scrollbar closing modals
File selection fields now filters based on whether or not the file starts with the entered text
Fixed Fallout 3 and Fallout NV load order

Logging

Added continuous logging to the application. Now we'll have logs to work with even if the application crashes unexpectedly.

Manage Extensions Modal

Fixed exception when installing a module/theme
Fixed bug with clicking module names trying to open undefined repository URLs
Now handling installation of improperly packed modules

Progress Window

Fixed issue with Font Awesome icons not displaying correctly
You can now use the --disable-transparency target line parameter to disable Progress Window transparency. You must use this if you have Aero disabled (e.g. when using a basic theme in Windows 7/8/10), else the progress window will not display (making the application seem to be completely frozen).
No longer allowing alert or confirm to be called while progress window is open

zEdit
Log View

Created a basic log view which displays the contents of the application log (with colors!)

Tree View

Ctrl+B hotkey for building references now works
Fixed double click to open record not working
Fixed element deletion bug

Record View

Added support for basic inline value editing, including reference editing (press Shift + Enter or click a selected cell to edit it inline)
Left and right arrow keys now navigate between cells
Ctrl+Right expands cell, Ctrl+Left collapses it
Ctrl+Shift+Right expands a cell and all of its children
Fixed issue with being able to open the edit value modal for cells that don't have an element (e.g. in sorted arrays)
Insert hotkey now works for adding elements
Fixed size arrays now use labels properly
Ctrl+A no longer opens the record address bar
F6 now properly opens and focuses the record address bar input
Address bar no longer clears history when it is closed
Fixed some bugs with following references with Ctrl + Click

Edit Value Modal

Fixed issue with some keys not working

Referenced By View

Fixed issue with new referenced by views not linking to record views automatically
Fixed linking/unlinking referenced by views and record views
Now displaying a helpful message when there are no entries on the referenced by view and the user hasn't built references for all files

Refactor Modal

Fixed button labels (had two "OK" buttons)
Adjusted style

APIs
pluginInfoService

New service which provides a function to determine when a plugin is an official Bethesda File

timerService

New service which provides functions for tracking time.

randomService

Added functions randomCheck, randomInt, and weightedInt

interApiService

New service which allows modules to publish functions to be used by zEdit scripts and UPF patchers

xelib

Added pipe syntax for element resolution. This resolves the first path fragment which exists. E.g. xelib.GetElement(rec, '[bODT|BOD2]'); gets the BODT or BOD2 element from record rec.
Fixed Add array value functions ignoring last value argument
Updated XEditLib.dll with optimizations and fixes (see the full changelog)
Also see the xelib v0.4.0 release notes

Scripts

Added zedit.GetSelectedRecords
timerService functions are now accessible from scripts

moduleService

Now using a more flexible syntax for passing arguments to module loaders.

UPF

Updated to v1.2, see the full changelog.

Documentation

Added documentation on xelib functions: ElementFromJSON, ElementFromObject, GetReferencedBy, and ExchangeReferences
Fixed description copypasta error for fh.loadTextFile
Added a page about debugging modules
Expanded xelib paths documentation and moved it to its own page
etc.

... and there are a LOT of changes/updates.

Lexy or others,

I didnt download a small handful of some of the listed items, and a few things I swapped out for preference but got what i could to line up so the end result is right around the count your guide 100% would have had.

When you say "listed modsitems", to what are you referring?

I should have said "listed items" to echo what Reidlos posted.

I think he is talking about the mods which are in the guide.

I am sure that Reidlos was referring to the items (mods) in Lexy's Guide, BuddyKidd.  What I was wondering was: which items did he not install, and which ones did he swap out?  I like to understand different points of view about a subject (this Build) and I'm curious about the changes he made.

Edited by Decopauge123

Hi lovely skyrim modders!

As I've decided to follow this magnificent guide to the letter, please enlighten me this two concern (question):

1. the estimated disc space required? 

2. Is there a way to "lock down" the guide (and all subsidiary pages) is its current state? I can only do modding on spare time and afaik, this one keeps evolving. It would be wonderful if I can safely do this in a longer time span.

Thanks in advanced!

I'm not at my main computer right now, but the laptop build of this guide I'm looking at is built with Wrye Bash and takes about 60Gb for installed mods (wrye bash works with compressed archives, while MO's mods are folders, so, consider about 80-90Gb and add another 15Gb for the main game) and about 100Gb in downloaded mods, that I keep in a separate drive. I do include a lot of extra quest mods related to the Dragonborn Museum that may account for some 10Gb of drive space.

You can keep following a specific older version if you select the "Page Tools" tab at the top right of the main page, then "History". You'll be shown a list of links to all the previous versions, just pick the one you want to use. Keep in mind that you'll need to download the version of conflict resolution files available under "old files" that matches the one called for in the older version of the guide that you're following. Also keep in mind that it's not just this guide but SSE that's evolving fast - mods and patches may also have been updated and not be entirely compatible with the older conflict resolution.

zEdit is now at

[spoiler=Alpha Release v0.4.0]

General

Updated several vulnerable packages

Added conflict losers filter

Error messages now include stack information

Fixed clicking scrollbar closing modals

File selection fields now filters based on whether or not the file starts with the entered text

Fixed Fallout 3 and Fallout NV load order

Logging

Added continuous logging to the application. Now we'll have logs to work with even if the application crashes unexpectedly.

Manage Extensions Modal

Fixed exception when installing a module/theme

Fixed bug with clicking module names trying to open undefined repository URLs

Now handling installation of improperly packed modules

Progress Window

Fixed issue with Font Awesome icons not displaying correctly

You can now use the --disable-transparency target line parameter to disable Progress Window transparency. You must use this if you have Aero disabled (e.g. when using a basic theme in Windows 7/8/10), else the progress window will not display (making the application seem to be completely frozen).

No longer allowing alert or confirm to be called while progress window is open

zEdit

Log View

Created a basic log view which displays the contents of the application log (with colors!)

Tree View

Ctrl+B hotkey for building references now works

Fixed double click to open record not working

Record View

Added support for basic inline value editing, including reference editing (press Shift + Enter or click a selected cell to edit it inline)

Left and right arrow keys now navigate between cells

Ctrl+Right expands cell, Ctrl+Left collapses it

Ctrl+Shift+Right expands a cell and all of its children

Fixed issue with being able to open the edit value modal for cells that don't have an element (e.g. in sorted arrays)

Insert hotkey now works for adding elements

Fixed size arrays now use labels properly

Ctrl+A no longer opens the record address bar

F6 now properly opens and focuses the record address bar input

Address bar no longer clears history when it is closed

Fixed some bugs with following references with Ctrl + Click

Edit Value Modal

Fixed issue with some keys not working

Referenced By View

Fixed issue with new referenced by views not linking to record views automatically

Fixed linking/unlinking referenced by views and record views

Now displaying a helpful message when there are no entries on the referenced by view and the user hasn't built references for all files

Refactor Modal

Fixed button labels (had two "OK" buttons)

Adjusted style

APIs

pluginInfoService

New service which provides a function to determine when a plugin is an official Bethesda File

timerService

New service which provides functions for tracking time.

randomService

Added functions randomCheck, randomInt, and weightedInt

interApiService

New service which allows modules to publish functions to be used by zEdit scripts and UPF patchers

xelib

Added pipe syntax for element resolution. This resolves the first path fragment which exists. E.g. xelib.GetElement(rec, '[bODT|BOD2]'); gets the BODT or BOD2 element from record rec.

Fixed Add array value functions ignoring last value argument

Updated XEditLib.dll with optimizations and fixes (see the full changelog)

Also see the xelib v0.4.0 release notes

Scripts

Added zedit.GetSelectedRecords

timerService functions are now accessible from scripts

moduleService

Now using a more flexible syntax for passing arguments to module loaders.

UPF

Updated to v1.2, see the full changelog.

Documentation

Added documentation on xelib functions: ElementFromJSON, ElementFromObject, GetReferencedBy, and ExchangeReferences

Fixed description copypasta error for fh.loadTextFile

Added a page about debugging modules

Expanded xelib paths documentation and moved it to its own page

etc.

... and there are a LOT of changes/updates.

This new version fixed all of my soft lock, white screen, and npc enchant fix issues!  I can now use zEdit!   *and there was much rejoicing*

Now to figure out how to use and implement Smash!  LoL

Edited by Kneph13

I'm not at my main computer right now, but the laptop build of this guide I'm looking at is built with Wrye Bash and takes about 60Gb for installed mods (wrye bash works with compressed archives, while MO's mods are folders, so, consider about 80-90Gb and add another 15Gb for the main game) and about 100Gb in downloaded mods, that I keep in a separate drive. I do include a lot of extra quest mods related to the Dragonborn Museum that may account for some 10Gb of drive space.

You can keep following a specific older version if you select the "Page Tools" tab at the top right of the main page, then "History". You'll be shown a list of links to all the previous versions, just pick the one you want to use. Keep in mind that you'll need to download the version of conflict resolution files available under "old files" that matches the one called for in the older version of the guide that you're following. Also keep in mind that it's not just this guide but SSE that's evolving fast - mods and patches may also have been updated and not be entirely compatible with the older conflict resolution.

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep these tips in mind. (and probably go get extra storage hehe)

This new version fixed all of my soft lock, white screen, and npc enchant fix issues!  I can now use zEdit!   *and there was much rejoicing*

Awesome news, Kneph13! ::): :clap: :blink: :thumbsup: :celebration: :dance: :dancingbanana: :gnome:

Cool! :cool: :thumbsup:

Even Better Quest Objectives - EBQO is now at

[spoiler=Version 1.6.3] ===== General =====
- Added NoMerge Bashed Tag to main plugin. This is to clarify the patches could be merged, but not the main plugin.
- Updated to latest version of Unofficial Patch.

===== Installers =====
- Updated info.xml file to fix version issue.

Better Dynamic Snow SE is now at

[spoiler=Version 2.7.1] ===== General =====
This is a small bug-fix release to correct a few smaller issues with the mod.
- Fixed the mismatched snow on the Nordic Temple Stairs (thanks to IKE200)
- Forwarded a few updates from the Unofficial Patches

===== Assets =====
Added missing farmhouse meshes to the vanilla option. (thanks to Spawnkiller) These meshes are straight from SMIM so those fixes have been included in the meshes.

SkyrimSE Re-Engaged ENB is now at Version 5.9a:  All presets- Boris released an update for .341 which added a [LensFlare_Game] parameter to help solve the issue for those using in-game lens flare. I have added to my presets and adjusted as needed.

Immersive Patrols SE is now at

[spoiler=Version 2.2.0] File Version changed from 1.3 to 2.2.0 for pairity with the classic Skyrim version of the mod.

Moved Battles back to fields and out of forts.

Players will no longer be attacked for belonging to the Vampire Lord or Werewolf factions outside of Transformations.

Fixed missing enable parent on a Dawnguard unit (found by user TeaBag86).

KS Dragon Overhaul is now at

[spoiler=Version 1.7.1] Change/Fix

- Fixed Vanilla Gameplay that will cause crash when fight the second dragon after updating the mod.
- Dragon naming script now support all dragon mod from Skyrim SE Nexus except Elemental Dragon mod.
- "World Cell" and "Dragon Remains Weight" settings is now permanent and no longer reset next time after enter the game.

For update installation, just uninstall old version and install new version without need to use Fallrim Tools and "setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1" step.

hey guys back in the sunny UK (and the Sun is actually shining) after our romantic weekend away we're staying Darth's parents tonight. I'll look at new stuff this week cos of course ICOW dropped while I was away (typical) so I might put off adding Morrowloot for a little longer but not too long ::P:.

Bloomin' opposite for me.  020 is perfect. 040 is a white screen  :wallbash:

Lexy or others,

Giving you guide a go, just finished merging, but damn so many plugins lol  I thought i was mod crazy before, but never gotten this close to a mod limit.

I didnt download a small handful of some of the listed items, and a few things I swapped out for preference but got what i could to line up so the end result is right around the count your guide 100% would have had.

My question is...  Is there anything NOT discussed in the merge section that still could be merged?  Some Id like too, sadly cant be done safely (like all arthmoons town changes) but at a glace i can see some maybes but wanted to first get any ideas from the author and the users.

Well, all the mods that "merge" into the Bash Patch coiuld in theroy be done by Merge Plugins (I do know some users have done this) it will drop your overall mod count to 190ish. I have been meaning to look into this sort of merge myslef especially now SMASH is "Officially" out.

hey guys back in the sunny UK (and the Sun is actually shining) after our romantic weekend away we're staying Darth's parents tonight. I'll look at new stuff this week cos of course ICOW dropped while I was away (typical) so I might put off adding Morrowloot for a little longer but not too long ::P:.

Welcome back, DarkladyLexy!  I hope you and Darth had a great time!  ::):