Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

In the instructions you provide for RS Children Overhaul.

1. Couldn't we get away with just downloading the main file and Books of Skyrim Patch

2. Remove RSChildren - Complete esp and RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp from the main file than merge the new RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp that you linked in the instruction. This would make the main mod basically called RS Children Overhaul - Legendary - USLEEP Edition.

3. This would than allow us to Merge RS Children Overhaul, Books of Skyrim Patch, Falskaar Patch, and Wyrmstooth Patch into one Merge since the main mod will now have an esp in it. (I don't know if I am wrong or not but the files from the main mod don't get merged with the files from the patches since we don't merge the esm). After doing the merge we than could copy RSChildrens ESM into the new merge allowing us to deactivate all of these mods 

The first "here" link in the sentence below from the guide dont seem to work.

Optimizing The Bethesda Textures

Download High Definition Base Game Textures for Everyone (Part 1_2).7z and High Definition DLC for ModOrganizer Users (Part 2_2 - Extract Me).7z from here. (Authors Mod Page Here)When I use the link this happen:

Not Found
Error 404

Is it ok to use the mod page files instead?
Edited by xxx78

The first "here" link in the sentence below from the guide dont seem to work.

Optimizing The Bethesda Textures

Download High Definition Base Game Textures for Everyone (Part 1_2).7z and High Definition DLC for ModOrganizer Users (Part 2_2 - Extract Me).7z from here. (Authors Mod Page Here)When I use the link this happen:

Not Found

Error 404

Is it ok to use the mod page files instead?

Looks like he finally got them uploaded to the nexus, I have fixed the link to point to the mod authors page directly.

Parallax Off, Realistic Overhaul Normal

nEUrt5G.jpg

Parallax Off, Realistic Overhaul Normal Fixed

bQ9k9Lp.jpg

Parallax On, Realistic Overhaul Normal Fixed

(you notice the parallax when moving)

N7SkpzL.jpg

If anyone wants the Skyrim Realistic Overhaul fix for roads, you can pull it from my OneDrive.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E58D98A67F526317%2110884

Interesting... that kinda sucks if its over the full set. I'll check out your files in game. :)

Not a big deal, but I noticed a couple of things that seem out of date in the MCM Menu Settings.

In Complete Crafting, the first section is listed as Menu Option Panel.  It is now Crafting Option Panel.

In the Enable Mods Panel section of Complete Crafting, Display Crafting Recipes Section, every option that is enabled, except for JewelCraft requires answering "Yes" to verify you want it enabled.  That's not a big deal, but elsewhere in the MCM Menu Settings, you specify answering "Yes". 

Finally, still in Complete Crafting, Enable Mods Panel, under Distribute in Lists, all of the options that the guide says to enable are already enabled by default except for JewelCraft.  Again, not a big deal, but the guide does not list stuff that is already enabled by default elsewhere, so I thought I'd mention it.

I'll check these out.

In the instructions you provide for RS Children Overhaul.

1. Couldn't we get away with just downloading the main file and Books of Skyrim Patch

2. Remove RSChildren - Complete esp and RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp from the main file than merge the new RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp that you linked in the instruction. This would make the main mod basically called RS Children Overhaul - Legendary - USLEEP Edition.

3. This would than allow us to Merge RS Children Overhaul, Books of Skyrim Patch, Falskaar Patch, and Wyrmstooth Patch into one Merge since the main mod will now have an esp in it. (I don't know if I am wrong or not but the files from the main mod don't get merged with the files from the patches since we don't merge the esm). After doing the merge we than could copy RSChildrens ESM into the new merge allowing us to deactivate all of these mods 

On first glance, I think you are correct about not having to download the original CompleteUSKP esp. Generally speaking I don't want to merge ESMs though so will take that suggestion with a grain of salt. Never know what someone down the line will install.

I think I may have my CompleteUSKP.esp in the main folder already so I always got all the assets properly and just had to copy the ESM itself. Though to be honest even if the main mod is still active there is little to no wasted space leaving the original mod active and having the merge esp separate.

I never intended merging the ESM. Like you my intension are to Copy the ESM to the merge. I used to install all mods, patches,updates, ect, ect as seperate mods untill I learned from you that only  the files (assets) with esps got merged. So I am guessing most of my merges were done wrong. So now I have a new set of questions and a way to go before I trust I am doing things right

I never intended merging the ESM. Like you my intension are to Copy the ESM to the merge. I used to install all mods, patches,updates, ect, ect as seperate mods untill I learned from you that only  the files (assets) with esps got merged. So I am guessing most of my merges were done wrong. So now I have a new set of questions and a way to go before I trust I am doing things right

You actually want optionals separate and updates together, I was noting that I did that one wrong in my own build. :)

Not a big deal, but I noticed a couple of things that seem out of date in the MCM Menu Settings.

In Complete Crafting, the first section is listed as Menu Option Panel.  It is now Crafting Option Panel.

In the Enable Mods Panel section of Complete Crafting, Display Crafting Recipes Section, every option that is enabled, except for JewelCraft requires answering "Yes" to verify you want it enabled.  That's not a big deal, but elsewhere in the MCM Menu Settings, you specify answering "Yes". 

Finally, still in Complete Crafting, Enable Mods Panel, under Distribute in Lists, all of the options that the guide says to enable are already enabled by default except for JewelCraft.  Again, not a big deal, but the guide does not list stuff that is already enabled by default elsewhere, so I thought I'd mention it.

Updated this in the guide. However for the second one, my mods were not automatically activated. (Bandoliers, Cloaks, Jaysus, Winter is Coming) on a new game, so I left that in.

HI, I just notice something and I wanted to be sure.

When you first install wet&cold, as I understand by isoku's changelog, the items are not distributed by default, the mcm says "no leveled list" as "it's not in the leveled list".

Added option to add equipment to leveled lists. There is a chance you will be able to encounter items specific to and distributed by Wet and Cold at general goods merchants and inside house containers. 

But if you click it, the text changes to "add to leveled list" (and not "added to leveled list" as one would expected) "add to leveled list" as "not in the list, but if you press it, it will be added to the list"

So now I believe that the items are distributed by default, and if you press "no leveled list" they will be removed from list and change the option to "add to leveled list" so if you click it again, they will be added again to the leveled list.

So what is the right thing? Are items distributed by default or not?

Thanks and sorry if the question sounds stupid, but I got confused somehow

Edited by Hackfield

Just noticed the addition of 360 Walk and Run Plus. I used it for a while myself but discarded it when I realised it didn't play nice with enhanced first person camera. (Looking down in fp when moving backwards had me looking down at my back.)

If this is fixed then awesome but I wonder if it's compatible with Fore's new Player Character personalised animation mod?

Just noticed the addition of 360 Walk and Run Plus. I used it for a while myself but discarded it when I realised it didn't play nice with enhanced first person camera. (Looking down in fp when moving backwards had me looking down at my back.)

If this is fixed then awesome but I wonder if it's compatible with Fore's new Player Character personalised animation mod?

he is using the 180 version so it should play well with enhanced first person camera

Just a quick note about ENB instructions in the guide:

ENB Series Graphics Modification

For the purposes of the guide, the d3d9.dll method will be used. Download the 0.292 version from here. To install, perform the following:

When I use the link I have to click "News" at the bottom of the page, then "download", and then "TES Skyrim" to find the file to download.

Is it just me or is this link not very precise?

Edited by xxx78

Just a quick note about ENB instructions in the guide:

ENB Series Graphics Modification

For the purposes of the guide, the d3d9.dll method will be used. Download the 0.292 version from here. To install, perform the following:

When I use the link I have to click "News" at the bottom of the page, then "download", and then "TES Skyrim" to find the file to download.

Is it just me or is this link not very precise?

it's this link he needs to add really https://enbdev.com/mod_tesskyrim_v0292.htm

I use the link I do because Boris has a tendency to delete pages of older versions, etc. I would rather have the person needing to navigate a few pages than to have broken links almost every time he updates.

How does that work in-game? Can you still see your character face-on while walking and running?

No, the 180 version works basically like vanilla except it adds the cloak movement to prevent clipping.

There is also a never version available v0.302

Will check that out soon to see what's new.