Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

So, I FINALLY finished the whole guide, installed everything and just wanted to run a test.

Didnt get far...

I started a new game, and the Character Creation Menu opens. The problem is, I got a weird graphic glitch: the menu only shows the eyes of the character, nothing else.

Did anyone else experience this problem?

This can happen when your skin mesh or texture has the wrong path - I've had it happen with NPC mods. Are you using M or F characters (or does it happen to both)?

I've done about 35 hours in a play through with the brighter Vividian ENB setting for nights and dungeons. Overall I'm a quite pleased with it - it looks nice and is quite playable. I still use torches occasionally - mostly for investigating dungeons post combat.

I'm using 99% of SRLE (I dropped OBIS and NPC KO), plus about 66% of REGS and a few additional follower mods, Kryptopyr's sneaking and smithing mods and the like; I also use the improved ASIS ini files and use the NPC Perk fix, NPC potions, additional spawns, and the AI combat fix from ASIS improved inis - its been quite stable with only about 1 CTD per dozen hours.

Edited by statmonster

I have been perplexed why some of the keywords from WAF have not been working on the play through.  It looks like the issue is that any armor worn by an SIC created character uses SIC added armor which have different armor ratings, monetary values, weights and keywords than identical items from vanilla as modified by WAF, etc.

it looks like we will need a SIC-WAF patch to apply the WAF values: armor, weight and keywords to the appropriate items in SIC.  It looks like there's about 150-200 clothing and armor items that need to be looked at.

Edited by statmonster

I have been perplexed why some of the keywords from WAF have not been working on the play through. It looks like the issue is that any armor worn by an SIC created character uses SIC added armor which have different armor ratings, monetary values, weights and keywords than identical items from vanilla as modified by WAF, etc.

it looks like we will need a SIC-WAF patch to apply the WAF values: armor, weight and keywords to the appropriate items in SIC. It looks like there's about 150-200 clothing and armor items that need to be looked at.

This is the same problem why ICH has issues with it. SIC just made copies of the vanilla objects it uses making it prone to compatibility issues like this. A patch could be made but a lot of tedious work.

What the ICH issue - SIC's "new" armors (helmets) are pointing to the wrong meshes?

It's in the known issues section of the guide but the cause is basically SIC points to the vanilla meshes(replaced by ICH meshes) but without the matching ESP changes to go with it causing some visual glitches.

I'm about 1/2 way through building a patch for WAF, CCF, CCO and SIC - if I feel energetic I may add ICH to it...

if you have a high Alchemy skill maybe you can find some caffeine, taurine, glucuronolactone and mix an energy drink. Red Bull "it gives you wings" :)

I'm about 1/2 way through building a patch for WAF, CCF, CCO and SIC - if I feel energetic I may add ICH to it...

I'd be interested in discussing this with you.  I've also been working with implj recently on a way to patch SIC, so maybe we can work together rather than duplicating each other's work.

• +1 1