Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

1. Are you planning on including in the guide the ITPO TES5Edit script on Bashed Patch? There are quite a number of ITPOs in there.

It shouldnt matter because bashed patch load pretty close to last.

The only time it does is when a plugin can accidentally overwrite other mods.

Because its an unnecessary step but I can see using the script if it was going to be a released mod but the bashed patch isn't... Well, there are a few mods out there that are but the number is insignificant.

It would be fine if the Bashed Patch only needed to be generated once but that isn't generally the case.

An ideal solution would be to code Bash to not generate them from the start but that probably wont happen.

ok just finished totally rebuilding my SRLE profile with 2 difference used HD2K texture instead of Skyrim Realistic Overhaul and i didn't install immersive wait and sleep and trun off DOF from the ENB ini (cos i don't like it) i'm use Perfect water along side realistic water two my FPS is an average of 50 with a GTX 970 now need to decide what compromises i which to make to raise to 60 FPS any suggestion would ne helpful i also plan to add mods on top once is start playing properly again

Edited by Darth_mathias

ok just finished totally rebuilding my SRLE profile with 2 difference used HD2K texture instead of Skyrim Realistic Overhaul and i didn't install immersive wait and sleep and trun off DOF from the ENB ini (cos i don't like it) i'm use Perfect water along side realistic water two my FPS is an average of 50 with a GTX 970 now need to decide what compromises i which to make to raise to 60 FPS any suggestion would ne helpful i also plan to add mods on top once is start playing properly again

If you run higher than 1080p you can try lowering it. Also since you don't use the ENB DoF, I would suggest reinstalling Vividian with the Performance settings instead of Default. That is personally how I have mine set up. I did go back and manually turn the ENB water settings back on, but my FPS is still much better with Performance than when using Default.

[spoiler=Here's the difference between the versions from the readme.]Vividian ENB - High Quality Version

---------------------------------------

This Version has high quality effects and enables all those fancy water effects and some sharper Ambient Occlusion.

Use this if you have a Highend Graphicscard.

Vividian ENB - Performance Version

---------------------------------------

This version disables effects like Depth of Field, ENB Waters and reduce quality of different effects.

Use this version if you experience too heavy unplayable Framedrop with the normal version.

Edited by Kotis

I'm having stuttering issues with the default SR:LE installation. Pretty sure it is related to HDD read/access speeds, due to enbhost.exe going just over the physical VRAM amount for whatever reason. Textures, DynDOLOD, etc. :P But perhaps "downgrading" Vividian to the performance settings might alleviate some of the stuttering? Guess it is worth a try, I can always re-install the default Vividian if it doesn't work.

2 new Gamwich Rustic textures

Rustic Standing stones https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68493/?

Rustic word walls https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68561/?

it might be worth combining all these Rustic textures into a single pack within mod organizer.

Gamwich is a master of the dark arts

also if you install new textures am right in saying you should re-run DynDoLod?

is anyone else get horrible texture flickering on the rocks in the stream outside whiterun behind the stables as if there are 2 competing textures

it when the stream runs over the rocks? figured it out DynDoLod is causing the issue wil re-run and see what happens.

I have re-run DynDoLod chose the Medium Setting and the rocks in the stream are still flickering horribly, I can confirm it is indeed DynDoLod causing the issue as de-activing in the MCM in game and the ESP and makes it stop.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Just checking something. I downloaded the Optimized Vanilla Textures found here as advised in the guide (previously I had run DDSopt myself).

However all three dlc files are coming up as redundant in MO. Is everything working as normal or have I installed them incorrectly?

EDIT: After following the instructions on the Mod page and not extracting the BSA's (checking them in the archives panel) they stop being redundant. Are these mods exceptions to the usual rule regarding BSA's in SR:LE?

Edited by hazelwolf

Just checking something. I downloaded the Optimized Vanilla Textures found here as advised in the guide (previously I had run DDSopt myself).

However all three dlc files are coming up as redundant in MO. Is everything working as normal or have I installed them incorrectly?

EDIT: After following the instructions on the Mod page and not extracting the BSA's (checking them in the archives panel) they stop being redundant. Are these mods exceptions to the usual rule regarding BSA's in SR:LE?

if you extract them they do become redunant in MO as the HRDLC overwrites all textures from Dawnguard, Hearthfires and Dragonborn i've always left them as BSA.

I'm having stuttering issues with the default SR:LE installation. Pretty sure it is related to HDD read/access speeds, due to enbhost.exe going just over the physical VRAM amount for whatever reason. Textures, DynDOLOD, etc. :P But perhaps "downgrading" Vividian to the performance settings might alleviate some of the stuttering? Guess it is worth a try, I can always re-install the default Vividian if it doesn't work.

Try adjusting reserved memory size mb also... might help with the loading. If that doesn't help, perhaps lower some texture options in various mods to lower your load.

2 new Gamwich Rustic textures

Rustic Standing stones https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68493/?

Rustic word walls https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68561/?

it might be worth combining all these Rustic textures into a single pack within mod organizer.

Gamwich is a master of the dark arts

also if you install new textures am right in saying you should re-run DynDoLod?

is anyone else get horrible texture flickering on the rocks in the stream outside whiterun behind the stables as if there are 2 competing textures

it when the stream runs over the rocks? figured it out DynDoLod is causing the issue wil re-run and see what happens.

I have re-run DynDoLod chose the Medium Setting and the rocks in the stream are still flickering horribly, I can confirm it is indeed DynDoLod causing the issue as de-activing in the MCM in game and the ESP and makes it stop.

You don't need to re-run DynDOLOD worlds unless you add or remove objects from the world. TexGen only needs to be redone for textures.

true is personally don't use tony's mod since he since hasn't fix the distance terrain issue when looking at dragonsreach, I have ddspot it myself

I used DDSOpt batch files from STEP several months ago (read 6+) the last time I updated that section.

Lots of good updates today, AOS 2.5.1 and Enhanced Camera 1.2 which finally fixes the damn ragdoll bug (yay!).

Lots of good updates today, AOS 2.5.1 and Enhanced Camera 1.2 which finally fixes the damn ragdoll bug (yay!).

Hey Neo - I got your Nexus PM, and just wanted to mention that STEP / SR:LE users should definitely NOT use the new AOS "smart" installer.

Because you handle compatibility patching elsewhere, choose the Manual Installation option in the first menu, then AOS + DG + DB in the second menu, and skip through the compatibility patch menus without selecting anything.

If you like, I could add a third option in the first menu of the AOS installer for STEP Core / SR:LE users which just installs the AOS + DG +DB plugin and the sounds and nothing else. Please let me know!!

• +1 3