Wiki Error - [SOLVED]

zodden

Question

So I was in the process of going through a 2.2.1 install from the wiki. Just now I started getting the following error: Is it related to today's maintenance or do I need to go and download this PHP version 5.3.2?

MediaWiki 1.20 internal errorMediaWiki 1.20 requires at least PHP version 5.3.2, you are using PHP 5.2.17.Please consider upgrading your copy of PHP. PHP versions less than 5.3.0 are no longer supported by the PHP Group and will not receive security or bugfix updates.

9 answers to this question

Hi, I kind of have the same problem. And it's the first time I update MW. Before the upgrade I had version 1.13.2 (yeah, I know it's a very old version) and PHP 5.2.17. I updated PHP to 5.4 and installed the update of MW to 1.20.3 the latest verion available. The installation process went well. Wiki recognized PHP 5.4 in the check of requirements for this version. then came the window: you can use MediaWiki now. When I clicked on that button the error "MediaWiki 1.20 internal error - Media Wiki 1.20 requires at least PHP version 5.3.2, you are using PHP 5.2.17" came.

I also waited one night because of what you wrote before, but no changes so far.

Please Help :)

Hi, I kind of have the same problem. And it's the first time I update MW. Before the upgrade I had version 1.13.2 (yeah, I know it's a very old version) and PHP 5.2.17. I updated PHP to 5.4 and installed the update of MW to 1.20.3 the latest verion available. The installation process went well. Wiki recognized PHP 5.4 in the check of requirements for this version. then came the window: you can use MediaWiki now. When I clicked on that button the error "MediaWiki 1.20 internal error - Media Wiki 1.20 requires at least PHP version 5.3.2, you are using PHP 5.2.17" came.

I also waited one night because of what you wrote before, but no changes so far.

Please Help :)

It sounds like you probably ran the upgrade process from the command line and the php version of the CLI was the correct 5.4. If that's the case, you need to make sure to restart your web server so that it picks up the new version of PHP. If that doesn't resolve it, the shared library for 5.4 probably isn't being loaded.

First, thank you for your reply.

Well, I did use the script in the folder mw-config/index.php to update. I also created a php file in my mediawiki on the server to test which php version is used:

<?php

phpinfo();

It says PHP 5.4.12