Attack Speed Bug

I keep getting this attack speed bug again in what's gonna be my playthrough.

Just reached Whiterun, when the companions are fighting the giants and I noticed Farkas attack speed is so slow, 1 swing will take like 5 seconds until it hit the target.

So I tried looking at Disparity settings, but before that I tried on my PC, and yes my PC suffers the same slow attack speed. So in the Disparity settings I disabled all attack speed changes but with this option enabled only fix the problem for some of the npc like recorder follower, with this disabled recorder will attack slow but some of other npc will attack normally which is confusing.

Or alternatively I can use player.forceav weaponspeedmult to 1 and that fix the slow attack speed. Maybe anyone can help me debug this or perhaps fix this? It is strange that so far looks like only me that have the problem.

I've read from Disparity Mod Description and noticed this

This mod also changes the base actor value for attack speed from 0 to 1 in order to allow this value to work properly when used by various effects, and has corrected the vanilla perks using this value, so they can work correctly with one another.  Other mods that alter attack speed may not work properly if they have not also implemented a similar change.  If you experience problems with attack speed, then there is an MCM option to disable the attack speed fix, as well as disabling all attack speed changes made by Disparity.

I keep getting this attack speed bug again in what's gonna be my playthrough.

Just reached Whiterun, when the companions are fighting the giants and I noticed Farkas attack speed is so slow, 1 swing will take like 5 seconds until it hit the target.

So I tried looking at Disparity settings, but before that I tried on my PC, and yes my PC suffers the same slow attack speed. So in the Disparity settings I disabled all attack speed changes but with this option enabled only fix the problem for some of the npc like recorder follower, with this disabled recorder will attack slow but some of other npc will attack normally which is confusing.

Or alternatively I can use player.forceav weaponspeedmult to 1 and that fix the slow attack speed. Maybe anyone can help me debug this or perhaps fix this? It is strange that so far looks like only me that have the problem.

I've read from Disparity Mod Description and noticed this

This mod also changes the base actor value for attack speed from 0 to 1 in order to allow this value to work properly when used by various effects, and has corrected the vanilla perks using this value, so they can work correctly with one another.  Other mods that alter attack speed may not work properly if they have not also implemented a similar change.  If you experience problems with attack speed, then there is an MCM option to disable the attack speed fix, as well as disabling all attack speed changes made by Disparity.

I did actually notice it today while was training with Vilkas. I don't know how to fix but I recommend having both attack changes enable in MCM. this should actually disable in attack speed edit in game.

you can also always ask Kryptopyr if she know of a fix other the that the only other option is to consider dropping disparity altogether.

Edit: you try this disable the speed fix in disparity and enable the one in Vigor and see if that works?

Edited by Darth_mathias

You can use Skytweak to check your Actor Values for weaponspeedmult. Vanilla is 0,the Fix is 1~, and any conflicts should read as a different number.

You can play with your settings until you figure it out, checking Skytweak for the adjusted value, or just force it with Skytweak.

As I recall, there are settings for the fix in Better Vampires, Vigor, and WAA, so check those.

And a general heads up- some overhauls have the tweak embedded- PERMA for instance. As far as I can remember, they don't implicitly state it in the description.

Edit- Was busy typing that out. I've used Skytweak to troubleshoot this issue in the past, if an anecdote is of any use.

Edited by Skadi

Actually using console command getavinfo weaponspeedmult on recorder showing 0.0 also, the weird thing is like the guards in whiterun swing just fine but recorder seems to be affected by it.

Now I tried a new game in case I messed up something in my old game (been restarting the game almost 10 times). Start fresh and take enable disparity just like the guide, move farkas to the cell he attacks just fine.

I'm not sure what happened but I will test it further to see how it goes. But I will try all of your suggestions when I met the problem again. Since I have deleted the bugged save and decided to start new

I did actually notice it today while was training with Vilkas. I don't know how to fix but I recommend having both attack changes enable in MCM. this should actually disable in attack speed edit in game.

you can also always ask Kryptopyr if she know of a fix other the that the only other option is to consider dropping disparity altogether.

Edit: you try this disable the speed fix in disparity and enable the one in Vigor and see if that works?

I tried disabling the attack speed fix, reset disparity in mcm and the problem still persist, I haven't tried enabling other attack speed fix though.

For asking Kryptopyr as stated in the mod page, the Kryptopyr itself recommend disabling the attack speed from Disparity if the problem can't be fixed.

I wonder what's the downside of enabling both the attack speed from Disparity and use console command to set the attack speed back to 1

Edited by reddvilzz

OK so after a little bit of testing new recommendation on this issue.

uncheck the attack speed fix in Disparity and uncheck Remove Attack Speed Edits. make sure it is also unchecked in Better vampire and use the attack speed fix from Vigor.

use this player.getav WeaponSpeedMult to find your weapons speed with vigor it should be 0.99

this also seem to be the same with WAA at least it is for me

Edited by Darth_mathias