SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

I just updated frostfall and Campfire, i deactivated the old ones and activated the new and then sorted through LOOT. Is there anything else i need to do ?

Do we need to run LOOT since they were already run through LOOT in SRLE? If we uninstall then install the new versions aren't the esm's already placed in the proper load order? 

Bethini /? 

If we run Bethini on SRLE before installing LOTD will SRLE be more stable, perform better? Do we need to run anything downstream for SRLE after running Bethini?

I'd like SRLE to be as stable as possible in case I want to play it down the road. 

mmmmm maybe the merge order is off a little then.

Edit: This is my current Trees and Flora Merge Order:

Tamriel Reloaded Trees.esp

caribougone.esp

SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

CPTs Megapatch.esp

Apple garden.esp

fallentreebridges.esp

Unique Flowers & Plants.esp

Unique Grasses.esp

Grim Grass.esp

Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp

Grim Grass Verdant patch.esp

SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp

What are your settings in skyrim.ini for:

iGrassCellRadius=

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=

iMinGrassSize=

iGrassCellRadius=2

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15

iMinGrassSize=75

these are mine

mmmmm maybe the merge order is off a little then.

Edit: This is my current Trees and Flora Merge Order:

Tamriel Reloaded Trees.esp

caribougone.esp

SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

CPTs Megapatch.esp

Apple garden.esp

fallentreebridges.esp

Unique Flowers & Plants.esp

Unique Grasses.esp

Grim Grass.esp

Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp

Grim Grass Verdant patch.esp

SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp

in my merge grim grass goes after verdant and then followed by the verdant patch

Just a note on a bug when using both CCOR and Ordinator:  if you take both levels of the base 'Smithing Mastery' perk, you will be able to temper iron/hide items twice as much as you're supposed to, which means that at 100 smithing skill, your tempered iron weapons will be better than steel, elven, and even ebony weapons.   The reason for this is that both CCOR and Ordinator fix the vanilla bug of not being able to temper iron stuff, but using different perks, so you end up with 2 perks giving you 2x improvement, for a total of 4x.

For more details, see: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3253679-ordinator-patch-for-weapons-and-armor-fixes-remade-and-complete-crafting-overhaul-remade/?p=43223690.

Until a patch for this comes out, the 4x bug can be bypassed by chugging an Ordinator perk respec potion, and not taking the second level of Smithing Mastery.  The first level will give the CCOR Steel Smithing Perk, which already fixes everything the 2nd level of Smithing Mastery also fixes.

Edited by GalenZ

Just a note on a bug when using both CCOR and Ordinator:  if you take both levels of the base 'Smithing Mastery' perk, you will be able to temper iron/hide items twice as much as you're supposed to, which means that at 100 smithing skill, your tempered iron weapons will be better than steel, elven, and even ebony weapons.   The reason for this is that both CCOR and Ordinator fix the vanilla bug of not being able to temper iron stuff, but using different perks, so you end up with 2 perks giving you 2x improvement, for a total of 4x.

For more details, see: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3253679-ordinator-patch-for-weapons-and-armor-fixes-remade-and-complete-crafting-overhaul-remade/?p=43223690.

Until a patch for this comes out, the 4x bug can be bypassed by chugging an Ordinator perk respec potion, and not taking the second level of Smithing Mastery.  The first level will give the CCOR Steel Smithing Perk, which already fixes everything the 2nd level of Smithing Mastery also fixes.

What about just deleting the temper perks in CCOR?  Or, completely remove the second rank from Smithing Mastery in Ordinator altogether I guess.

Edited by sirjesto

What about just deleting the temper perks in CCOR?  Or, completely remove the second rank from Smithing Mastery in Ordinator altogether I guess.

I wouldn't delete the temper perks in CCOR - Odinator's Smithing Mastery actually redirects to vanilla Steel Smithing, and CCOR adds lots of logic to that perk to handle all the new WAFR/CCOR weapon keywords and prevent double-tempering of weapons of weapons with two keywords (e.g. as occurs in Lore Weapons Expansion), so I suspect that altering that would mess up lots of stuff.  As for deleting the second level of Smithing Mastery in Ordinator, yes, IMO that's the way to go if you want both - but as I said, it needs a patch.  I just wanted to make people aware of the problem.

Re: Fixing Iron tempering when using CCOR and Ordinator:

For people who don't have or want to use Ordinator respec potions, and are comfortable with editing things in TES5EDIT, a quick and dirty fix is to create a CR patch that alters Perk xx0566EE <ORD_Smh00_SmithingMasteryNew_Perk_20_OrdASISExclude> from Ordinator.esp, changing the EFPD Float Value at the bottom of the perk from '2.0' to '1.0'.  This will prevent the double-doubling of damage values when tempering iron, but will NOT alter any already-tempered weapons, will not prevent you from taking the (now useless) second level of Smithing Mastery, and will not give you back a perk point if you've already taken that second level.

I would also like to note that I discovered this bug because the Eastern Iron Wakizashi from Lore Friendly weapons was given a damage rating of 10, equivalent to an Elven sword (for a weapon that takes only iron to create and temper, and should only do dmg 6 or 7 at most).  With the quadruple tempering improvement, those cheap wakizashis were totally outclassing even Legendary Daedric swords in my build, which I thought was really immersion-breaking.   Looking at LWE more closely, I discovered that, in general, it creates slight overpowered +1 variants of vanilla weapons, but the Eastern Iron Wakizashi was by far the most balance-breaking.  This probably ought to be addressed in the SRLEX LOTD CR.

Edited by GalenZ

Hello, I'm a little confused, is Arthville Patches necessary for this guide. When in click on the link it takes me to SRLE Legacy of the Dragonborn Reqtified Patch Central. Even then I don't see in any download file that says specifically Arthville Patches.

iGrassCellRadius=2

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15

iMinGrassSize=75

these are mine

in my merge grim grass goes after verdant and then followed by the verdant patch

my ini setting are like that

Yeah those are mine too.  Perhaps moving grim and verdant as you suggest is the key.

no i moved Verdant after Grim Grasses and nothing changed however removing verdant removes the grass from the road. I will investigate further.

I can add this is the CR but best to also tell Enai Siaion.

Hello, I'm a little confused, is Arthville Patches necessary for this guide. When in click on the link it takes me to SRLE Legacy of the Dragonborn Reqtified Patch Central. Even then I don't see in any download file that says specifically Arthville Patches.

yes as it make BFT compatible with Arthmoors villages with fiddling without the MCM and removing those cart in those locations. Paul has tweaked things on his page it is now the the CORE Pack download manually and extract the Arthville Patches archive then install into Mod Organizer

Edited by Darth_mathias

How devastating would it be to remove ELFX exteriors as a master from the CR or loading a fake? I want to show off the build, and use different ENB presets, but ELFX is tying my hands, 

Removing ELFX Exteriors is quite easy. First clean your CR with 'report masters' script in xedit. Then Clean Masters.

Then reinstall ELFX without elfx exteriors. Also you need to remove this mod: ELFX - Parallax Patch (it's for elfx exteriors).

yes as it make BFT compatible with Arthmoors villages with fiddling without the MCM and removing those cart in those locations. Paul has tweaked things on his page it is now the the CORE Pack download manually and extract the Arthville Patches archive then install into Mod Organizer

no the patch for BFT Arthmoor Villages is not in the CORE PACK we are not using BFT anymore. It's in Miscellaneous section -> Better Fast Travel Arthmoor Villages Patch

edit: i tweaked your guide to point to the right patches now.

Edited by paul666root

no the patch for BFT Arthmoor Villages is not in the CORE PACK we are not using BFT anymore. It's in Miscellaneous section -> Better Fast Travel Arthmoor Villages Patch

edit: i tweaked your guide to point to the right patches now.

Oh right we still need rest of the Arthville patches thou as I have removed those conflicts from the CR as a first step towards moving to become a bit more modular.