Adding mods onto SR:LE, advice, which to drop etc?

I have a nagging feeling that Lanterns of Skyrim isn't compatible. I know that STEP uses it, and I also know STEP leaves out the SMIM lantern meshes (which SRLE installs). SRLE also installs Wearable Lanterns...is that mod dependant on the SMIM meshes? Not sure.

So does LoS need the vanilla meshes? Is that why STEP doesn't install them? I don't know.

Then there is ELFX compatibility...IIRC there is an ELFX patch for LoS, but it is out of date with the new ELFX.

Then there are a few mods which you would need patches for...I know Vividian ENB has a LoS option, and I remember one or two other SR:LE mods that have options as well, but I can't remember exactly which mods.

So basically, it would be safer to leave it out. If you are feeling adventurous, throw it in and see what happens! :-D And please report back. Lol.

EDIT: Also, DO NOT install the Skyrim Performance Plus Snowfall FX file. It conflicts with Vivid Weathers. The others should be OK

LoS isn't entirely compatible with ELFX-Exterior. They are both adding lanterns/light sources in some same places introducing either light flickering or overly bright lighting.

The patch for LoS & ELFX (exteriors) is indeed outdated.

If you feel a bit comfortable with TES5Edit you can create a more general patch by loading up both mods and deleting from ELFX-Exteriors all the parent Worldspace cells that both mods have in common.

As I said this is a generic patch and will not combine lighting from both mods for the same place but will prevent any conflicts.

I really do not know why STEP leaves out SMIM lantern meshes as I do not have STEP installed.

If using Vividian ENB grab the preset for LoS nad merge it together with he other plugins that SR:LE instructs.

@Neb @ Asta

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. I'll actually drop LoS from the order. I've had it for awhile but I don't want to deviate to far from Neovalens Build. There was a bunch of patches I noticed as I was installing all the mods but yeah you guys are right, some did seem kinda old.

Not worth the headache! So long LoS, I'll prepare myself for a darker spooker Skyrim that hopefully Relighting will help out with.

Oh and great shout with Skyrim Performance Plus Snowfall FX, that's the kinda info that's invaluable. I'm just finished my plugin merging so I'll keep an eye out for more stuff like that in my conflick Resolution.

GOod thing that Neo already has a nice patch for it!

While I got yis, what do you use for a combat/AI mod? I installed just Enhanced AI reborn for something 'light'

Yeah, the whole snowfall part of Skyrim Performance Plus is incompatible. Vivid Weathers page says any snowflake replacer mod is a no go. So CR probably won't help in this case...best to just remove that part of the mod, and keep the three other parts.

As for a combat / AI mod...I don't really use anything besides the mods in SR:LE for that. I find Combat is tough enough with some of the newer enemies and encounters, and dragons are covered with Deadly Dragons. General NPC AI is covered with Immersive Citizens, so I never really felt the need for a combat overhaul type of mod.

Yeah, the whole snowfall part of Skyrim Performance Plus is incompatible. Vivid Weathers page says any snowflake replacer mod is a no go. So CR probably won't help in this case...best to just remove that part of the mod, and keep the three other parts.

As for a combat / AI mod...I don't really use anything besides the mods in SR:LE for that. I find Combat is tough enough with some of the newer enemies and encounters, and dragons are covered with Deadly Dragons. General NPC AI is covered with Immersive Citizens, so I never really felt the need for a combat overhaul type of mod.

Grand job, I already dropped those wee snow flakes. I didn't know SR: LE had any AI besides ICAIO. That doesn't touch combat besides the states which is more like when they attack or run as aposed to how they attack.

However I'm kinda like you, in the past I layered on the AI mods thick and heavy, I'll leave it with a nice script free light one like Enhanced AI Reborn. That'll do my needs.

Right so back to it!

Thanks again

SRLE also has High level Enemies, and OBIS which some times makes life interesting. :) You can't necessarily just go flying into Bandit Camps with the steel flashing and not run into a Boss bandit who hands you your arse on a platter...

Edited by Nozzer66

SRLE also has High level Enemies, and OBIS which some times makes life interesting. :) You can't necessarily just go flying into Bandit Camps with the steel flashing and not run into a Boss bandit who hands you your arse on a platter...

Yeah HLE is scary hard.

Well lads I'm done, hmm....nothing else to do now but play the game. What an odd concept! It looks totally great, textures POP out, noble is crisp. Everything looks wonderful, I can't tell if my ENB is working though!

Well it must be cause DoF is doing it's thing.

Ok well I'm off to play, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks everyone, you're all amazing

EDIT: Last question promise (ALL LIES) how do you guys lock everything into place so nothing is accidentially uncheck etc in M.O? Should you just launch the game from M.O SKSE Shortcut?

Edited by uncleseano

@Neb @ Asta

While I got yis, what do you use for a combat/AI mod? I installed just Enhanced AI reborn for something 'light'

Answering an older question, but I use Combat Evolved  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56147/? and found it very effective; especially integrated with some ASIS Tweaks and High level Enemies. No Scripts! The only behavior that can be a bit frustrating is how quickly enemies can avoid arrows, even at short range. Hand to hand though, you can really have some tough battles. The enemies ability to block and counter are improved. 

Answering an older question, but I use Combat Evolved  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56147/? and found it very effective; especially integrated with some ASIS Tweaks and High level Enemies. No Scripts! The only behavior that can be a bit frustrating is how quickly enemies can avoid arrows, even at short range. Hand to hand though, you can really have some tough battles. The enemies ability to block and counter are improved. 

Yeah it's much more fun than Enhanced AI. To remove the lads dodging arrows I use one of the SkyTweak eh...tweaks called Arrow Dodge chance or something. SkyTweak Rules, can't play a game without it!

Not a hope in hell I'm gonna use that. I just wanted an interesting stable game so I can see the DLC. I ALWAYS end up breaking my L.O. Not.... This... Time...!

I'm proud, lol. It's stable now, don't mess it up! ;-)

Modding is an addiction. We need a therapy group or something. "Just one more mod, I said...and then I'll quit."

• +1 1