SRO and TPC, how to proceed now that the SRO was excluded from the Nexus? - [SOLVED]

M0ng3HD5

Question

Hello everybody, I'm wondering about how to do now that the SRO was excluded from Nexus as its author did the favor of being banned and so complicating my life. The TCP v1.72 supports the SRO v1.6, okay, but how to get that version now that the mode was deleted? Does anyone have a link or could recommend another repository for the Mod? Ah, this question can be beat, but as I do not speak English, so I'm using google translator, and I need help I decided to appeal to you. Thank you!

Hello everybody I'm wondering about how to do now that the SRO was excluded from Nexus as its author did the favor of being banned and so complicating my life. The TCP v1.72 supports the SRO v1.6, okay, but how to get that version now that the mode was deleted? Does anyone have a link or could recommend another repository for the Mod? Ah, this question can be beat, but as I do not speak English, so I'm using google translator, and I need help I decided to appeal to you. Thank you!

You can not get it legally anymore. Basically, you are out of luck. :( STEP will not be using SRO or TPC in the future. One of the admins can give you a move evolved explanation of where STEP is moving towards with the lack of SRO, but put simply STEP is still in the process of working that out as well and nothing solid has been set.

As Techangel said, TPC is essentially broken and likely isn't coming back. In the next STEP version we'll be reverting to installing all the mods individually using Serious HD as a base. If you don't want to wait for us to "officially" release the new guide you can just install all the TPC mods manually along with following the changes slated for v2.2.0b here. Obviously this isn't an optimal solution, but it's the best we can do short notice.

Since SRO is unlikely to ever come back, your three options are as follows:

1) Install another large texture pack, like Skyrim HD, and replace some of its textures with smaller mods from STEP (bearing in mind changes that are taking place for 2.2.0b.

2) Wait for STEP 2.3, which should address the lack of Skyrim Realistic Overhaul.

3) Acquire SRO from a "friend".

Not having SRO in STEP is a major loss to the project, but I've always felt that there are more important things to mod in this game than graphics.

Hi everyone.

Well, one solution could be to obtain SRO via P2P. (I don't know if what I'm about to say is forbidden, but I just want to help cause I've been searching SRO during all weekend).

You can find plain SRO 1.1 version in PBay searching by Skyrim Realistic Overhaul. It's just first initial version high resolution without updates, and also includes Dawnguard textures.

I have, from last time I updated my STEP configuration, SRO update v1.3. I can share the update via Dropbox cause it's smaller. Also I can share 1.1 high resolution textures via eDonkey protocol cause it's too big for Dropbox.

I'm interested in updated v1.6, the last one. So, please, if someone could share it, I'd be very grateful. And if we can't get 1.6 update, I can share 1.3.

Greetings.

@jlx

As you said, this is forbidden and illegal. It's no different that stealing an original artwork. STEP can not use these methods. Don't be surprised if your post comes up deleted by the admins. :yes: Keep it legal! :D

I won't delete it.  What do you think this is, the Nexus!? :woot:

As I mentioned on the Nexus's STEP thread, we won't reference work unless it's uploaded to a known Skyrim modding community.  Whether it's technically illegal or not is irrelevant as it is unethical and goes against the principles of intellectual property rights.  We can't stop you from getting the files elsewhere, but as with pirated copies of Skyrim we will close any thread seeking support for it.  

@jlx

As you said, this is forbidden and illegal. It's no different that stealing an original artwork. STEP can not use these methods. Don't be surprised if your post comes up deleted by the admins. :yes: Keep it legal! :D

If by illegal then you mean by law, then No, it's not. Since it is a derivative work, and was a mod for another game, there is no law that forbids you by the Bethesda EULA that says you CANNOT share it.

If you mean against the RULES, and is unethical, then certainly.

@jlx

HAHA! :teehee: That made me laugh!

@jlx

If by illegal then you mean by law, then No, it's not. Since it is a derivative work, and was a mod for another game, there is no law that forbids you by the Bethesda EULA that says you CANNOT share it.

I completely agree that is is unethical. I guess a judge could decide if it's "deviated" enough to be protected by copyright; thus, making it illegal. (Derivative Art Rights) :whistling:

@jlx

HAHA! :teehee: That made me laugh!

@jlx

I completely agree that is is unethical. I guess a judge could decide if it's "deviated" enough to be protected by copyright; thus, making it illegal. (Derivative Art Rights) :whistling:
Which, since it was merely a retexture of something that was already in the game, and NOT an Original Deviation of anything from the game itself. It probably won't be considered a completely deviated work.

That's why I said that Illegal it might not be, It doesn't deviate from Skyrim at all, and since it's a replacer it's even more so. it's certainly unethical to share it, but illegal is highly debatable. Also, You have to take the Bethesda EULA Into account.

You're fine jlx and thanks for asking the question first. As for these forums, we don't condone the public sharing of information related to obtaining SRO through back channels, and any posts providing such information will be deleted without question.

That's a bit contradicting to what Farlo just said.

But fair point about keeping it ethical.

You're fine jlx and thanks for asking the question first. As for these forums, we don't condone the public sharing of information related to obtaining SRO through back channels, and any posts providing such information will be deleted without question.

Farlo was referring to closing threads seeking support, which is all that needs to be done. I was referring to explicitly posting information on how to obtain files via sharing (in other words, non-official distribution). As Farlo stated, we can't stop users from sharing. But in terms of being ethical, we won't condone it publicly here on the forums.

Farlo was referring to closing threads seeking support, which is all that needs to be done. I was referring to explicitly posting information on how to obtain files via sharing (in other words, non-official distribution). As Farlo stated, we can't stop users from sharing. But in terms of being ethical, we won't condone it publicly here on the forums.

EDIT: great, my reply got deleted somehow. :(