Can YOU find the source of my troubles? Intermittent Freezing.

MissShaoHuan

Question

I've been getting freezing during gameplay, where I have to CtrlAltDel out and shut down Skyrim via the task manager. No real clue although I am running a hefty mod order.

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it ^_^

Mod list: https://www.modwat.ch/u/EniracY

enblocal.ini:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=false
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=384
VideoMemorySizeMb=6308
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
//B
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=true

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=true
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

I've got the skse.ini as expained in the STEP guide in place.

Computer specs are:

Intel Core i5-4670 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz

8 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970

Skyrim is loaded on a SSD

Please and thank you :)

Edited by MissShaoHuan

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That's a serious load order there, a lot of patches and a lot of probably incompatibilities between them.

Suggestions:

You shouldn't be using the Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp since CCOR has a version that replace it, also, it should be way down in your load order, right before your bashed patch.

Deadly Spell Impacts is known to cause CTD and script issues, I recommend you to only use it as a texture replacement, hiddin the esp and scripts.

Burn Frost & Shock effects was also related to CTDs

Honestly I'd remove some minors but really heavily scripted mods like footprints, holidays, wonders of weathers, sleep tight, they are very good mods, but in the long run, they can cause a lot of troubles.

Holidays hits pretty hard on festive days, Wonders of weathers hits when is raining, sleep tight has some issues with followers (they get naked and never dress after waking up), footprints hits hard allways, is not really recommended to be used along with others heavily scripted mods like campfire, frostfall, wet and cold, ordinator, etc.

I believe Touring Carriages was also related to random CTDs in random locations (see Gopher's Stiv playthrough)

I would revise the load order in general, there is also this script string length issue now discovered, with such amount of mods, you'll probably facing this sooner or later

That's all I can think of now.

If you're not too attached to your current game and are really looking for a stable and enjoyable game, it is always easier to work from a known stable base and add mods than to go the other way, removing mods from a broken game looking for stability.

You may want to try STEP or one of its derivatives to get your game to an acceptable position and then add specific mods that you want.

I went from the STEP Extended guide and went from that though :/ I then added Dovahkiin Reborn on top of that with its patches for STEP Extended, and then Legacy of the Dragonborn and it still sometimes has CTDs.

Edit: I can't get rid of DeadlySpellImpacts.esp without annoying the STEP patch, so that's staying but I've made a few changes. Guess I'll keep trimming xD thanks for the help.

Edited by MissShaoHuan

That's a serious load order there, a lot of patches and a lot of probably incompatibilities between them.

Suggestions:

You shouldn't be using the Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp since CCOR has a version that replace it, also, it should be way down in your load order, right before your bashed patch.

<truncated by me- jax323>

Question on this: Do you mean to refer to the leveled list file? That actually got me in trouble with an earlier test run until I realized (Gamer Poet's help) that I needed to replace the trueweaponsLVLlist file from WAF with the one from CCOR. You're citing the TrueOrcish&...plugin, which has me worried. Either this is an honest mistake/typo (hoping), or I've missed something reading and studying the WAF, CCF, and CCOR mod pages & posts on the Nexus. Please confirm for me and for this thread.

Man, I'm hoping this was a typo thing and not a thing I completely fouled up.

Thanks

Edited by tjax323