xEdit False Positive Conflicts

Is there a list somewhere about which conflicts shown in xEdit are actually not conflicts at all?

An example would be the persistent flag, which apparently is cummulative so if any mod sets it to true, it will be true regardless of what the highest priority mod is set to. Another example seems to be the height data? Another example is that changing the cost of something to be less instead of more than the previous mod, causes a false positive conflict. I'd like to find a list of these from the combined knowledge of the people who have been using it for years.

xEdit looks only at the data in the plugins and notes conflicts (differences). The game engine will merge some record types at runtime, and each Bethesda game can potentially merge a slightly different set of records. Bethesda does not publish lists of these; users have to discover which records are merged by the game engine. I don't consider these to be false positives since the identified records are indeed different, and there is no definitive list of which record types are merged by the game engine itself.

This post by Arthmoor discusses some records that are merged by the Skyrim game engine.

xEdit looks only at the data in the plugins and notes conflicts (differences). The game engine will merge some record types at runtime, and each Bethesda game can potentially merge a slightly different set of records. Bethesda does not publish lists of these; users have to discover which records are merged by the game engine. I don't consider these to be false positives since the identified records are indeed different, and there is no definitive list of which record types are merged by the game engine itself.

This post by Arthmoor discusses some records that are merged by the Skyrim game engine.

Thank you for the link; this helps greatly.

Except for the "height data" all of you mentioned is not false positive.

In my mind, if multiple entries are not overwritten, but instead merged (for example, certain flags), this is a false-positive of there being a conflict, for there is no actual conflict. As Kelmych mentioned, though, apparently since the merging or not merging of certain records or property types depends on which game (and likely version as well), and since xEdit is cross-game, I suppose you could consider them as all being conflicts unless there was a rule set of exceptions built for each game.

----

Is there a way to mark an override as being a 'conflict resolution' so if it appears at the end (highest priority), then the record will no longer appear red/in conflict?

For example, if an object gold value is at 5, then 4, then 6, then 5 again, it is considered a conflict; even if the last 5 value is in fact set from a conflict resolution patch.

Any change of cost, as an example, is a conflict and not a false positive. XEdit notes that there are differences among the values for this parameter as set by multiple plugins. Even if it is changed to the original value there was a conflict among multiple plugins. This happens a lot where a plugin changes a value to the original value from the game esm plugin, but it should actually be the value set by an intermediate plugin. These are often the most important and common conflicts that need manual resolution.

I must be confused or something... I do not see any option mod group options on right-click within xEdit.

Let's start with the most basic scenario:

How do I create a mod group with the vanilla game, all 3 expansion, and USLEEP so that xEdit sees no conflicts with nothing but USLEEP loaded?

The STEP post says "The modules, while touching the same records, do not actually conflict in their current load order -> Create a ModGroup listing these modules", but doesn't say how to create a modgroup, and there is nothing visible in tes5edit about it.

Edited by Electrocutor