Merge Issue with Load Order

Greetings,

I'm running into two critical errors when doing the BetterQuestObjectives merge. The order that LOOT puts the ESPs in causes me to be unable to create the suggested merge. Should I just manually create some arbitrary LOOT order rules to try to get them to be in the same order as they are listed on the merge instructions or what?

LOOT Order:

You do not need to create any LOOT rules or anything.

Just drag the relevant esps at the end of your load order in the right pane of MO keeping the mentioned order between them.

Then fire up the Merge Plugins Standalone and...merge!  :;):

That is the case for any (I mean ANY) plugins you want to merge. You do not care where LOOT puts them before the merging...just drag any plugin that is to be merged down last to you load order.

These plugins will never be used again after the merging!

DO NOT TRY to put them between other plugins or try to mimic a suggested merging order while keeping the plugins in the, let's say, middle of your load order.

Just drag them down!  :;):

Well...TBH I am always alternating between Merge Plugins Standalone and the old-good Merge Script 1.95 depending on the situation!

Especially merging RW2 is 100% verified to be a very successful merge with Merge Script.

Having said that, I still have the feeling that if Mator sees me recommending his excellent but unsupported nowadays script will...jump on me!  :lol:

I'm also curious about the extra patch added during the merge of Vivid Extended stuff. This patch was not linked anywhere else in the guide. Is it a patch that has since been removed, but the merge instructions still included it by accident?

• TS Vivid Patch.esp (Download here. Patch by Neovalen.)

The download link is right there.... download, install the esp in its own mod, and merge it in.

Done and... nothing :-(. After spending 4 or 5 days working through the guide, the moment I get past the loading screen for a new character it just instantly CTDs, meaning that somewhere in the vastness of everything that was done I made a mistake with no way to have the slightest idea where that mistake was made.

Done and... nothing :-(. After spending 4 or 5 days working through the guide, the moment I get past the loading screen for a new character it just instantly CTDs, meaning that somewhere in the vastness of everything that was done I made a mistake with no way to have the slightest idea where that mistake was made.

So you create character and it CTD? or do you create character, click on the bed, and ctd?

Immediately after the load screen from clicking New, it usually instantly CTDs. On the 6th or 7th attempt, I got to character creation, where the body disapeared about half-way through and then it CTDed immediately after entering a name.

On a further attempt, I got through character creation and MCM setting; saved. Then after selecting vanilla start, the thief dies right away from an arrow shot from nowhere and the game freezes 100% of the time on the cart ride... If I had to guess, it is freezing as soon as it attempts to either load up Helgen or load up a patrol on the adjoining road near the entrance (freeze 100% of the time here, but not CTD).

Any ideas what is wrong?

Edit: I am able to start some of the other starts without freezing or crashing, but the moment I cast Flame on anything, it freezes the game 100% of the time.

Edited by Electrocutor

As far as I know, I only deviated from the precise directions in 3 spots: to use non-nude males, khajit, and unpb versions instead of the nude ones. Could something like that actually cause the whole setup to fail?

Doubt it. This sounds like your ENBoost or SKSE memory patch isn't working. Try running memory blocks log and check if your blocks are being changed.