FNIS install question...

Gutmaw

Question

I'm on this part of the installation and something seems off and I'd like to get it right before i proceed...

Fores New Idles In Skyrim - FNIS

Author: fore
Version: 6.2
Optionals: Add-on 1, Creature Pack

Does this mean I download the following 3 things?

FNIS Behavior V6_2

FNIS Behavior V6_2 Add-on 1

FNIS Creature Pack 6_1

If so, the file structure in "FNIS Behavior V6_2 Add-on 1" is messed up, and I question it because there are no special install instructions from Neo on this.  What I did is download it and restructure it to look like this, but no idea if I'm doing it correctly...

FNIS Behavior V6_2 Add-on 1

tools

GenerateFNIS_for_Users

languages

æ—¥æœ¬èªž (Japanese).txt

templates

1hm_behavior_TEMPLATE.txt

magicbehavior_TEMPLATE.txt

Any help appreciated

Thx!

• +1 1

11 answers to this question

The mod is packaged correctly. The issue is that Mod Organizer doesn't recognize "tools" as a valid folder so it thinks the mod is packaged incorrectly. Go ahead and install the mod. When it prompts No data on top level in red, ignore the error and click OK.

Thanks for asking this question, ran into the same issue.  Could a note be added to the guide for others that will trip up on this with MO

I'm assuming I can ignore the BIG red X in mod organizer?

There is a dedicated sub-forum for FNIS/MO matters and this very question is addressed in the OP.

Thanks, was looking for exactly this myself, the guide mushes my brain a bit at those (few) parts it goes from kindly and excessivly explaining to me that 2+2=4 then suddenly expecting me to understand what to do next when casually pushing me off a cliff :D

Saw somewhere I was (apparently) supposed to add FNIS to the program list in mod organizer (with LOOT etc) to get FNIS working, I guess this comes later in the guide? I suspect there might be a few inconsistencies here, such as when the guide tells me to do TES5Edit cleaning on "the eyes of beauty" and I can't because a mod can't find RS children.esp (which comes later in the guide).

If you're wanting to clean a certain mod you dont need to load the whole list. You just load the mod that needs cleaning.

IE click the whole list select the 'select none' option and then just click the one needing cleaning. TESV Edit will load any other plugins that are masters of the one needing cleaning itself.

To add FNIS as an executable, it tells you later how to do it, but essentially you do the usual add as executable like you did for Wrye Bash etc and in the 'binary' field, point it towards the FNIS for users exe.

• +1 1

If you're wanting to clean a certain mod you dont need to load the whole list. You just load the mod that needs cleaning.

IE click the whole list select the 'select none' option and then just click the one needing cleaning. TESV Edit will load any other plugins that are masters of the one needing cleaning itself.

To add FNIS as an executable, it tells you later how to do it, but essentially you do the usual add as executable like you did for Wrye Bash etc and in the 'binary' field, point it towards the FNIS for users exe.

Thank you!