Some Random Questions Thread

Audley

1. I usually use textless comic book covers and rig them myself. /u/AngelusCaedo on reddit, in /r/comicbooks, posts a new thread with all the textless covers every week. High res ones are in the thread comments. Current is Silk #1 Hip Hop Variant.
  2. Both. Sometimes I just want to sit on my couch and zone out. Prefer TV and play 1080p. Wish I could play at 2160p but I don't know of an HTPC case that would work with that level of hardware.
  3. IPS
  4. :wallbash:
  5. Everything from Old World Blues. That toaster was the best character ever.
  6. probably coke or soda. I don't pay attention.
  7. I pay for BitDefeder Total Security and have fore about 4 years now. It works great for my laptops or regular desktop.

Funny thing about Norton is that their detection engine is good, but they add so much other crap into their suite that it bogs down the whole application to the point of uselessness. My fiance works for the State Department and they have a Symantec (Norton parent company) antivirus that works great because you don't get all the other crap that comes with the Norton suite. Z's right about AVG, it has crossed over to being spyware. I wouldn't trust most free apps though. 

1. Where do you get your wallpapers and avatars from? 
  2. Do you game on a monitor or T.V. and which is your preference? What is your resolution?
  3. TN or IPS (or other) panel? 
  4. What is your favorite emoticon? 
  5. Favorite Bethesda game quote? (...took an arrow to the knee)
  6. What do you call soda where you come from? Coke, pop, soda, etc. 
  7. What is your favorite anti-virus software?

1) I make my own avatars using character creators for the most part. Wallpapers are either screenshots or promo material for whatever game I'm hyped about at the time. Currently using my DAI character as an Avatar and Witcher 3 wallpaper.

2) Monitor - Always. Resolution is 2560x1600.

3) IPS - Definitely the best colors.

4) (  o)(  o)

5) Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon? --Hadvar

6) Soda.

7) Windows Defender (Windows 10 Edition - Formerly Security Essentials)

This funny quote business reminded me of something from Skyrim. A lot of the names are obviously inspired by Scandinavian (and dare I say Ancient Norwegian, or Norrøn) languages, and some of them turn out rather "funny" if you translate the words from Norwegian to English. Alvor (the smith) translates to Serious (or a serious matter), and Faendal (the elf who is in a love triangle with Sven and Camilla Valerius) literally means F*** Valley (the profane word, not the act I'm afraid). Oh, 11 of November 2011, you had my face looking like this more often than I'd care to admit:  :confused:

Edited by MonoAccipiter