STEP Installation 2D - Fixes - bad link to Vanilla Textures?

Equinox

Question

I have proceeded successfully through the STEP process until reaching section 2D.

https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2#2.D._Fixes

After installing the Unofficial High Resolution Patch the next step should be to install the Vanilla Textures

However the resource link : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11 goes to STEP - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project instead of to a textures resource

The Wiki Link: https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Optimized_Vanilla_Textures goes to the right place, but the Nexus link at the top of the page once again takes me to the compilation - which is to be installed much letter in the STEP process.

I have searched Nexus and the Vanilla Textures do not appear to be there. Has this resource been accidentally overwritten? I do not wish to proceed as I would understand Fixes to be quite important in the sequence of install.

Thanks for any help in this. 

4 answers to this question

Hi Equinox, welcome to STEP. :-)

The STEP Nexus page contains both the STEP Compilation (main files section) and the STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures (optional files section).

At your point of the STEP installation, just install one of the optional files - the Standard version is STEP baseline.

Later on, in the Patches section of the STEP installation, download and install one of the main files (the STEP Compilation).

Thanks for the super-fast response! I found the vanilla textures DL. But I wonder if you could add to the STEP process page, that you need to click on the Files link within the Compilation and locate the download for Vanilla within Optional files? This one piece of information would have saved me around 2hrs of trouble. It is not obvious and so much of the STEP process has been so perfectly explicit I was actually fooled into assuming it would remain so. I've been searching all over, read the entire forum discussion of the compilation - nowhere was it explained where this file could be found. 

Thanks again!

Sometimes the most obvious things escape our notice because we assume something else.

Take note of the name of the link in step 2D. The link to the download is called "STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures", not the name of the Nexus page: "STEP - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project". This is because the link is to direct you to the file named such, not just to the page which holds a number of downloads.

That's why later on in the guide step 2N. Patches calls for the installation of "STEP Compilation" and the same link is used but this time it is called: "STEP Compilation".