Hearthfire extended error after sorting masters

Ogham

Question

Hello,

As soon as I get to my Wrye Bash bit of my mod installation it shows me that I need to sort the masters for Hearthfire Extended.

The moment I do this in TES5 I get the error message shown below.

from then on TES5 will end the loading of mods and end at Hearthfire ext. whereas before this time or after a clean install TES5 has no issues with the mod.

[00:56] Background Loader: [hearthfireextended.esp] Building reference info.

[00:56] Background Loader: Parent of a NVNM is not identified as a CELL
[00:56] Background Loader: Fatal: <EAssertionFailed: Assertion failure (D:\Projects\TES5Edit\wbDefinitionsTES5.pas, line 2207)>

Hope someone can help me out in how to fix this.

Edited by Ogham

10 answers to this question

Hello,

As soon as I get to my Wrye Bash bit of my mod installation it shows me that I need to sort the masters for Hearthfire Extended.

The moment I do this in TES5 I get the error message shown below.

from then on TES5 will end the loading of mods and end at Hearthfire ext. whereas before this time or after a clean install TES5 has no issues with the mod.

[00:56] Background Loader: [hearthfireextended.esp] Building reference info.

[00:56] Background Loader: Parent of a NVNM is not identified as a CELL

[00:56] Background Loader: Fatal: <EAssertionFailed: Assertion failure (D:\Projects\TES5Edit\wbDefinitionsTES5.pas, line 2207)>

Hope someone can help me out in how to fix this.

Checked some more in Wrye Bash and noticed a scrambled loadorder in the masterlist for this mod.

The master loadorder in the mod is:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Hearthfire.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Dawnguard.esm

I changed the masterlist loadorder in the fileheader via TES5 to:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfire.esm

Dragonborn.esm

And now the issue is gone.

Hope this is a valid approach for this issue. And if so, one that should be mentioned in the STEP guide for this mod maybe ?

Edited by Ogham

Does the unsorted masters cause any issues in the game? Based on my limited (and perhaps incorrect) understanding of the issue, unsorted masters might cause an issue if Skyrim.esm or Update.esm is after one of the DLCs but these two are in the correct location.

Does the unsorted masters cause any issues in the game? Based on my limited (and perhaps incorrect) understanding of the issue, unsorted masters might cause an issue if Skyrim.esm or Update.esm is after one of the DLCs but these two are in the correct location.

Not sure Greg, didn't get around to test. And my understanding of the issue is limited. It was just giving me troubles during sort masters in TES5.

Edited by Ogham

I was doing the same (gotta get rid of those horrible orange boxes!) and the only one that fails is heartfire extended. I had to fall back on my backup as it wouldn't even load for me in TES5Edit. Once you mess with the master ordering POOF! Problem.

Same issue as you line with the Parent of a NVNM is not identified as a CELL, right down to the line error = 2207

Oh god, do not change masters in the fileheader manually. That will cause huge trouble since the FormID's of the records won't be updated. If you check the plugin for errors in Tes5Edit after manually sorting it's masters you'll get tons of errors. Only use Tes5Edit 'Sort masters' option.

I know that this will not work in case of Hearthfire Extended. I asked about that here a while back but even zilav couldn't help. So it would be best to leave that plugin alone.

Oh god, do not change masters in the fileheader manually. That will cause huge trouble since the FormID's of the records won't be updated. If you check the plugin for errors in Tes5Edit after manually sorting it's masters you'll get tons of errors. Only use Tes5Edit 'Sort masters' option.

I know that this will not work in case of Hearthfire Extended. I asked about that here a while back but even zilav couldn't help. So it would be best to leave that plugin alone.

Thank you for triggering that extra check there TirigonX, actually not that many FormID's where altered and they were easily recognized and fixed.

Oh yeah I ain't touching nothing by hand. I was using TES5Edits 'Sort Masters' and nothing else. It's just that the sort masters buttons fails on Heartfireextended.esp. I just thought it was strange, I've never seen it happen before with any other .esp

I saw this three pages in on the Hearthfire Extended Nexus posts page:

ZoneWarp1 kudos13 posts

FOR EVERYONE GETTING THE ERRORS WITH TES5EDIT: This mod's masterlist load order is incorrect. By default, it looks like this:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Hearthfire.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Dawnguard.esm

Open hearthfireextended.esp (do not select any other plugin, just this one) with TES5Edit. Click on the + sign box next to it, and then click on file header. In the right pane, change the master file load order to this:
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
Hearthfire.esm
Dragonborn.esm

Press [x] and save it and what not, and then everything should be hunky-dory.

posted @ 4:48, 30 Dec 2015

Kinaga36 kudos513 posts

From my experience doing this, (because obviously I tried it before releasing the mod) it throws an error and stops the mod from working.

TES5Edit shouldn't mind that the masters are in the wrong order. It might warn you but it won't affect the functionality of either TES5Edit or the mod itself.

posted @ 16:31, 30 Dec 2015

Kinaga (the mod author) mentions on the first page:

Kinaga36 kudos513 posts

I've never had a problem running this mod through TES5Edit myself. I even used TES5Edit to make some parts of the mod. It sometimes crashes for me when I adjust the order of masters (probably because this changes a lot of records at once), but other than that it works just fine. I suspect if it crashes on load it's because it was corrupted while downloading. Thanks Visdagon.

posted @ 13:28, 8 Dec 2015

@Nebulous112

I haven't been following this mod's nexus comments for a while, I am using this mod and works great, but what this guy ZoneWarp has written is just wrong...i mean seriously wrong.

This is one of these rare mods that the order of its masters are so inherently hooked onto the quest behavior that simply will break whatever one is doing in TES5Edit.

It needs a bit of work in CK from the author to rectify this, which I am not sure that he is up to it.

Besides it doesn't really matter that much in game...mod works!  :;):

Edited by Astakos