There are potential problems with your set up

Bytor

Question

​MO is wanting to fix the install order for all the mods I have installed per the STEP instructions.  I'm able to run the game, but I don't like having the warning flag there.  Been searching around but I have not found any topics regarding this.  Do I click the Fix button or leave it alone.

​TIA

7 answers to this question

From the STEP detailed instructions for Mod Organizer:

Click the wrench icon Wrench_MO.png in the toolbar, and select the Nexus tab.

• Check Automatically Log-in to Nexus box, insert your Nexus username and password, click Associate with "Download with Manager" link, and click OK.
  • Optionally go to the General tab in Settings and change the style to a theme of your choice (dark.qss is currently the most popular).
  • Go to the Plugins tab and click Basic diagnosis plugin on the left and double-click true next to check_modorder and change it to false.
  • Go to Workarounds tab and click Back-date BSAs. Otherwise, some mods may not work properly.

You're welcome  :;):

Before installing Requiem, you should check for other mods that you like to install on top of STEP. As far as I'm informed, Requiem is the least compatible overhaul as it touches many aspects of the game. SkyRe or PerMa with SkyRe modules and some complementing mods would be more difficult to install but more easy to handle when it comes to other mods.

I've played up to Level 60 with SkyRe and thought it was very good so maybe i'll just stick to what i know.  I ruined my other games removing/add mods and was never able to recover them.  Let me ask this if you don't mind.  I've just created my bashed patch with most of the CORE/EXTENDED mods and getting ready to do the benchmark.  If all goes well, I plan on adding some weather mods and the frostfall/hunterborn pack.  Will i want to create another bashed patch if all goes well with those mod packs? 

I can't thank you enough.  I've never had this kind of access to someone answering all the questions i've had over the last 2 years. 

Once you get your STEP Extended profile complete, click Configure Profiles, select your STEP Extended profile, click Copy, and give the new profile a name.

I always do this before adding on mods to the STEP Extended profile. This way if anything goes wrong, I can easily start fresh from a clean, working profile without having to start from scratch.

I always do a new bashed patch after adding mods, just to be sure. I actually always do the full routine and

- activate all esps except for the high resolution packs

- replace DynDOLOD.esp with a backup to prevent the DSR patch from whining about missing masters

- run LOOT and, if required, add custom rules

- do the Bashed Patch and let it deactivate merged esps

- run the Dual Sheath Redux patcher

- create the Fores New Idles for Skyrim output

- place the esp at the bottom of the loading order and run DynDOLOD TexGen

- delete the overwrite folder, deactivate BirdsAndFlocks and run DynDOLOD Worlds

- reactivate BirdsAndFlocks and run LOOT again

each time I add a bunch of mods. I guess most of the time its nonsense but it gives me the feeling of ruling out all possible causes for issues.

Greg actually made an important point. But if you got some spare space and time you could also just zip your entire Skyrim folder after finishing STEP installation, that way you could patch STEP mods for custom mods later and don't care about being cautious when changing them by adding/removing patches/textures/meshes/... and you don't have to use different bashed patches/DynDOLOD folders and so on. Also you don't have to care for your ENB files as they're not managed by MO. Finally, your left MO pane will look cleaner without deactivated mods when switching profiles. All you had to do to revert to STEP after messing up your setup would be replacing your entire Skyrim folder with your zipped backup. That way you could even give your setup to a friend, all he had to do before would be installing Skyrim vanilla, installing the utilities (MO, LOOT,...), doing his video driver settings and adapting the paths in his Mod Organizer.ini if they differ from yours. Unzip your backup over his Skyrim folder and he'll have your finished STEP setup ready to play.

However, for quickly switching back and forth, creating profiles is much more convenient. And zipping 37 GB (my STEP had that size) isn't that much fun.  :;):