Am I aiming too high with respect to graphics quality?

Thick8

Question

Hi Guys,

I have installed STEP:Extended with all of the HQ variants. I didn't install anything over the 2048 level though. I also installed CBBE and improved NPC clothing. The game setting is at Ultra with 2xAA and 16xAF. I've reached level 32 with only about 10 CTDs over a 2 week time span. I tried DynDOLOD on high settings but the game just kept looping the initial load screen on startup. Same thing with medium setting. I have yet to try low settings as the screenshots don't look like it will offer much visually.  

System specs are CPU=FX8350@5Ghz, Memory=16GB DDR3 1866, GPU=R9290 (x2). FPS usually hangs around 40-50 with dips into the low 30s at times.

I've played with uGridToLoad from 5 to 11 (11 won't get past the load screen).

I would like to use DynDOLOD on high but will settle for medium if I have to; yet I don't want to trade the "up close" fidelity for distance fidelity.

I've done all of the tweaks that have been mentioned here on the forum in hopes of being able to run ALL of the eyecandy.

Does anyone have ALL of the eyecandy turned on with DynDOLOD installed? If so, I'd like to hear how you did it.

Thanks.

John

Edited by Thick8

I think I'll be fine without DynDOLOD as a uGridsToLoad setting of 9 makes for a highly populated FOV. I haven't tried an ENB yet but I will pick from the recommended ones to see what kind of impact it has. Maybe I just need to get a pair of 8Gb 390x cards so I can use my existing water blocks.

I think I'll be fine without DynDOLOD as a uGridsToLoad setting of 9 makes for a highly populated FOV. I haven't tried an ENB yet but I will pick from the recommended ones to see what kind of impact it has. Maybe I just need to get a pair of 8Gb 390x cards so I can use my existing water blocks.

If you find them too heavy on performance try the Vividian Performance version. I've tested a lot of ENBs over the last few days and have found Vividian's performance version to keep me in the high 40s to mid 50s range where all the other would drop me into the low 40s like non-performance version. Whatever Mangaclub is doing, he's doing it right for that performance version.

Most of the ENBs I tested were over saturated or had too much bloom. ENB authors seem to love bloom for some reason.

I think ENB might be a bit much. Of course I did try the mac daddy version of Vividian first. Laggy and also way blurry. I will probably try the watered down version. Not sure what's causing the blurry screen on everything except what is RIGHT in my face.

I have a question about AA. If I end up not using an ENB preset what is the best place to enable it? The Catalyst Control Center, The enblocal.ini, or the SkyrimPrefs.ini?

EDIT: Maybe someone will com out with an 8Gb version of the FuryX card. Two of those would be sweet...

Edited by Thick8

I suspect that may be depth of field making everything outside your immediate field of view blurry. If you aren't using an ENB, you can disable this by changing the setting in SkyrimPrefs.ini

[Imagespace]
bDoDepthOfField=0

If you are using an ENB preset, you can disable it by changing the setting in enbseries.ini

[EFFECT]
EnableDepthOfField=false